**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

In general, regardless of other champs and classes you have, would you R4 a 5* Vision or Dormammu?

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
Just wondering what you guys think...Who would you R4?

Comments

• taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Dormammu for sure. Don't get me wrong, vision is one of my favorite champs to play, but dorm has everything vision has and more- bleed immunity, poison immunity, and power control. Both don't hit very hard, so that isn't an issue. Dormammu has additional abilities including power lock, nullification, hard-hitting heavy, regen (pretty difficult to use tho, so I'll overlook it), and of course his degen. This makes him arguably the best defender in game (plus he's big, aggressive, and mystic, perfect for md). Really the only advantage that vision has over him is heal block and power steal- quite negligible.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Agreed. I love OG Vision, but Dormammu is a more useful character in the meta of the game
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    I would r4 the OG vision if I was planning to use him. If not and I was just looking for a defender I would rank dorm. both have advantages and disadvantages, but i personally find vision better. (plus you get bragging rights that your one of the people willing to put down $500 for a video game :D (this is assuming both dorm and vision are awakened)
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Dormammu for double immunity, best power control champion in the game, regeneration, and good AW defender unduped (god tier duped at 5* with mystic dispersion).
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    If you weren’t planning on taking vision to rank 4 then why did ou buy him. I bought him because I knew he was going to rank 4 and then most likely to rank 5
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Vision no doubt
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Wait-why are some people touting double immunity and power control as a Dormammu sell? Vision does all that, and more efficiently-less block damage, less reliant on heavy baiting to deal damage, and he can generate power out of nowhere (assuming you duped him).

And Vision's no slouch defensively-the right nodes can make him an absolute pain to deal with in AW. Vision has so much more viability in quest though-Dormammu's block proficiency is horrible, and Vision's actually got one of the highest base attacks in the game.
  • BUNGALNGALBUNGALNGAL Posts: 110
    those who choose dormamu are those who do not have or can't afford vision
  • Simple opinion : If you spent 500-600 $ to get him , get him to rank 4 , just because of the Money spent
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Dormamu actuslly isn’t that dominant a defender anymore with the prevalence of blades now. Still great but isn’t what he used to be... same as magik. Like dormamu and all but don’t like the “slow” champs much and visions abillty synthesis creating power for nothing is insane. Best power control champ no question if duped. I’ll be taking vision to r5 along with blade.
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151
    If you have 5* OG Vision, It's a no brainer not to R4 him.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I'd have to agree with OG.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Great sounds like Original Vision R4 sounds better. And, I think people have had too much practice with Dorm.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    YoMoves wrote: »
    Wait-why are some people touting double immunity and power control as a Dormammu sell? Vision does all that, and more efficiently-less block damage, less reliant on heavy baiting to deal damage, and he can generate power out of nowhere (assuming you duped him).

And Vision's no slouch defensively-the right nodes can make him an absolute pain to deal with in AW. Vision has so much more viability in quest though-Dormammu's block proficiency is horrible, and Vision's actually got one of the highest base attacks in the game.

Because Dormammu is the game's best power control champion, power drain on 2nd medium attack and sometimes sp2 and power lock on sp2. He's the only champion able to prevent all opponents except duped Vision OG from reaching 1 bar of power, and his regeneration makes up for the difference in block damage between him and Vision OG. He also benefits from the willpower mastery because he's not a robot.

Dormmamu is still a top AW defender. For people saying that Blade counters Dormammmu I have yet to see someone solo a 4/55 duped Dormammu AW boss with anyone besides Magik and Gladiator Hulk. Not saying no one has ever soloed a 4/55 duped Dormammu boss with Blade in tier 1-3 AW, just that I haven't seen a video of someone showing it can be done.

Both Dormammu and Vision OG have great utility but only Dormmamu makes a solid AW defender in upper AW tiers because Vision OG's specials are easy to bait. IMO Vision OG's best use outside of quests is the middle tier of paths 4-6 in AW, which makes him a great option to take to 4/55 or even 5/65. Both champions are worth r4 when duped, deciding which one is more deserving of r4 depends on the needs of the OP.
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    OG Vision those base stats are insane at r4 and synthesis is the best power gain in the game (also he cant be danger sensed if put on D)