**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why would anyone go for featured 5* crystal?

KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
The crystal doesn’t have Blade, Stark, GR, Sentinel or any top game changing champion. It does however have Cyclops, Juggernut, Antman, Ronan, Civil Warrior and Venompool. That’s 25% chance to pull trash, but the chance is higher as many other champions in the crystal are considered trash by many in the community, I just listed the obvious ones.

If the new featured is going to have at least 25% chance at trash and no top champions then the basic crystal is the only sensible way to spend your shards. Why have a featured crystal in the first place ?

The constructive point of the post: In addition to adding newest champions to the featured, can we vote what other champions should be in the “filler” part of it ? Does anyone in the community want Cyclops and Antman in the crystal? I doubt it.

Comments

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    They still want to provide all players with a “chance” at the newest champs...eventually...but they really want your money and time to get them now. The previous feature setup was great, we could shoot for champs we really wanted with a higher chance (not guaranteed) of pulling that one. Now we are back to really having no control of our rosters unless we spend on FGMCs or spend in arena.

It has made the whole game much more boring for me personally. There’s no desire to accumulate 5* (or 6*) shards as I’m just going to get a random champ with not even the illusion of control. With the previous system, I would currently have over 30k shards hoarding for a champ I really like or is really good. In this system, I have left my hardcore ally and opened basic crystals that have contributed nothing to my experience or progression.
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    edited April 2018
    They still want to provide all players with a “chance” at the newest champs...eventually...but they really want your money and time to get them now. The previous feature setup was great, we could shoot for champs we really wanted with a higher chance (not guaranteed) of pulling that one. Now we are back to really having no control of our rosters unless we spend on FGMCs or spend in arena.

It has made the whole game much more boring for me personally. There’s no desire to accumulate 5* (or 6*) shards as I’m just going to get a random champ with not even the illusion of control. With the previous system, I would currently have over 30k shards hoarding for a champ I really like or is really good. In this system, I have left my hardcore ally and opened basic crystals that have contributed nothing to my experience or progression.

The kind of person i am, i read "they just want our money" from your statement and you can see my profile being banned. Thats because i say the hard truth point blank and kabam dont like it, the game is becoming irritating with bugs over and over and kabam dont do anything about it lets hope this month update the perry and other evade bugs are fixed.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    The pool is roughly 1/4 of the 5-star champion pool, right? If you had a pretty deep roster, I could see how you talk yourself into trying for the 4% chance to dupe a particular champion who was strong and you liked. Otherwise, two featured vs three regular is a no-brainer
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    You have a 25% chance at a Featured Champ. The current pool may not appeal, but it will rotate, along with the other Champs. Obviously, it makes it more specific when deciding whether to take our chances. We don't have the old rate, but it was too high TBH. They also introduced the Arena. It doesn't help matters that there's a very short list of Champs people consider good. Lol. Kind of limits options.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I'm thinking about going for the next feature depending who's in the pool. I've got AGs in 5 different classes and have been pulling nothing but total **** from the basic crystal for months.