**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Chad & Tom Challenge

This challenge is a complete cash grab how are you supposed to fight champs with over 5000 base attack with over 100k health & you can’t even take block hits cause once your combo goes up a block hit is enough to knock you out, every single challenge that kabam has brought recently has been doable but this challenge is just absurd with the node that increases opponents attack with ever hit you make, not everyone has 5* 4/55 or maxed 5* god tier champs to make it through the content, someone us are punching above our weight with just 4* rank 5 cause all 5* pulls have been terrible yet kabam decided to incorporate this crazy node in the challenge. If you know you’re gonna comment here talking about the challenge is easy please refrain from this post thanks. Kabam thanks for making me lose interest in the game even more with all your shenanigans

Comments

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Not sure you can call it shenanigans when they specifically tell you it's going to be hard.

I wish they would bring back ming na's challenge so we could watch the tears flow.
  • orballorball Posts: 52
    They test your skill
    I could do with 4* maxed if you can't do these you can't even touch LOL
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Use Luke. Cage and when your combo is over 50 take hit and the danmged wuld go Down problems solved just make sure Luke is dups.
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Boss rush are easier shorter with less rewards.

Not every player is meant to finish all the challanges......

While ur complaining about this one why dont u go ahead that act5 is too hard, lol is ridiculous and whatnot.

Smh
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I didn't find the challenge that hard honestly. once you get into the rhythm it's all baiting specials. don't even want to power control them too much. however, they do say that this challenge isn't for everyone.
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    This reminds me of the whole tide pod story
  • Sgt_Doakes1Sgt_Doakes1 Posts: 34
    This event is only a "Cash Grab" if you have a weak roster. These are supposed to be for veteran summoners to test their skills, it will not be for everyone. I personally did use items but did not have to use any units or real money. If your roster is weak then play until you cannot finish without spending money and move on to the countless number of other modes and content in the game.
  • Shroud1969Shroud1969 Posts: 76
    OP - I finished and will post my tips I wrote for my alliance below. The thing I didn't like about this challenge was that the rewards were really lackluster for the effort. I really didn't need a 4* gem. Back when we did Ming Na - you pushed through because the rewards really advanced your roster. Anyway - hope these help:

Finished the Chadwick and Tom’s special challenge. It wasn’t that hard once you get the hang of the evade patterns. The first couple of paths were the hardest due to “Prove yourself” buff. But all in all not many items used.

Rounds 1-3 were cake. My tips for round 4:

1) Stark Spidey- Use Hyp or Medusa (or Angela - I don’t have her though) - be careful when he drops below 50% - don’t be too aggressive bc of evade. Start the path over if you fail this fight.

2) Iron Man - Stun immune and Arc overload makes him annoying. Intercept like crazy. Any high damage champ works (except Thor). Consider starting the path over if you fail this fight and have gotten the hang of Stark Spidey.

3) Gamora - Easy but L2 will instakill you. Bait the L1...or die.

4) Star Lord - Power gain is your friend. DON'T USE SPECIALS. Just combo till his L1 - bait L1 - evade - punish - repeat till dead.

5) Groot - easiest fight. Bait the L1.

Don’t get hit and don’t block! All champs have counter tactics. It’s actually OK to block at the beginning of the fight but after say 10-15 on the combo meter you will take a ton of block damage. Evade and intercept.

Do one path at a time. Fight Thanos 6x. He’s super easy. I soloed him like 3x.

My team for final run:
    Blade
    Ghost Rider
    Stark Spidey
    Star Lord (MVP)
    Hyp

Also used: Medusa, Luke Cage, AA

Specific champs are not needed except for a Cosmic damage dealer for Stark Spidey. I didn’t even really use Blade except a couple times to finish off Thanos.

Good luck!
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    I died once the entire time and it was my own fault. Not seeing where the cash grab is in this. This isn’t on the level of LoL or the collector....
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    Op i fully support you this challenge was a total cashgrab. As time goes by they just create more and more difficult challenges than before but not increasing rewards and just say in every challenge this isn't meant for all. All those saying this challenge wasn't hard is just trolling or have legendary skills to fight these types of nodes. Also if any mod can answer pls tell me how do i maintain a 15 hit combo when my block is dropping in between fighting and how am i supposed to intercept(stun immune requires interception like crazy) when its lagging so much??
  • RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    Stop blocking. That's what gets you killed. practice dodging. using Sparky can help you a lot with dodge ball practice.
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    Just need to polish intercepting and baiting skills. It was a fun challenge once you get in a groove. I used mostly all 4* 5/50’s. Think I used 1 40% revive and a handful of potions for the whole thing.

It definetly tests your skills on the later paths. One misstep and you’re done. Just practice and you will be fine. The challenge is not a cash grab, now that OG Vision offer, that is a cash grab.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    You do realize that in the announcement kabam blatantly stated that not every summoner is going to be able to do this right?

It's a CHALLENGE. It's supposed to be hard. If you can't clear it yet, finish other stuff in the game to strengthen your roster so you can do the next one, and stop whining.
  • raj1999raj1999 Posts: 9
    I see lot of people saying this isn't for everyone ....who is this challenge designed for whales and ancient player's who are grinding since beginning ...what are new players supposed to do just stare at it these rewards u give mean nothing to players who can finish it give it so someone who can atleast use these rewards
    raj1999 wrote: »
    I see lot of people saying this isn't for everyone ....who is this challenge designed for whales and ancient player's who are grinding since beginning ...what are new players supposed to do just stare at it these rewards u give mean nothing to players who can finish it give it so someone who can atleast use these rewards

So you think new summoners should already have the roster to be able to clear something like this? Grow up. Not everything that's released should be able to get cleared by every single player in the game.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    TKS87 wrote: »

So you think new summoners should already have the roster to be able to clear something like this? Grow up. Not everything that's released should be able to get cleared by every single player in the game.

There are some people who are not new and are not whales where's the challenge for intermediate players @TKS87
    Akhilxcx wrote: »

There are some people who are not new and are not whales where's the challenge for intermediate players @TKS87

I'm not a whale, I would consider myself an intermediate player and I will be able to clear this. I have one path left in chapter 4. Again it's a CHALLENGE. It's supposed to be hard and test you. If you can't do it, then I'm sure there's plenty of other content in the game for you, to help you build up for the next one. Story quests, event quests...
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    Akhilxcx wrote: »

Let me answer your question by posing one back to you: what rewards would you expect to get for an intermediate challenge? That would help me to frame your point and understand what you are looking for...

Dr. Zola
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    So many of these complaints are a result of the, “Everyone gets a trophy” mentality these days. If you can’t do it then it should motivate you to improve your skills and be ready for the next one.

When the Dave Bautista challenge came out a year or so ago I did not have the strongest roster and my skills weren’t as good as they are today. I did not 100% that challenge but did complete. It motivated me to get better and I haven’t missed a challenge since.

TL:DR version: Quit whining and step up your game!
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    VTA92 wrote: »
    So many of these complaints are a result of the, “Everyone gets a trophy” mentality these days. If you can’t do it then it should motivate you to improve your skills and be ready for the next one.

When the Dave Bautista challenge came out a year or so ago I did not have the strongest roster and my skills weren’t as good as they are today. I did not 100% that challenge but did complete. It motivated me to get better and I haven’t missed a challenge since.

TL:DR version: Quit whining and step up your game!

Player whining is a good reason why these quests are so much easier than the past. When Chloe & coulson challenges came out, it was legitimately hard for the majority of players including high PI accounts.

Then they went and toned down Joe Fixit in that special event quest years back after excessive whining from everyone and that set the stage for what we see now. Cry and complain until kabam tones everything down in general.

There used to be a middle ground between stuff for everyone and end game things like ROL/labyrinth. Challenges that were legitimately difficult even for the ones who could complete it and had rewards to match.

Now every 8 weeks or so, we basically get a 60 min version of the monthly EQ— 1 beginner stage, 1 normal, 1 heroic, 1 uncollected stage and they call it a challenge. And people still complain it’s too hard.