**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Void Delay on Debuff after SP1 [Under Investigation]

demeddemed Posts: 81
edited April 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
This is self explanatory. The way his ability works on sp1 has been changed. Debuffs activate with a delay now. This was not even raised in the announcement.
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    Along with our L4 potions removed from the glory store. I am sure it was accidental, but they won’t be able to get it updated for at least a month lol.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    demed wrote: »
    This is self explanatory. The way his ability works on sp1 has been changed. Debuffs activate with a delay now. This was not even raised in the announcement.

Didn't it always activate with a delay of x seconds based on (I can't remember)?
  • demeddemed Posts: 81

Didn't it always activate with a delay of x seconds based on (I can't remember)?

Not when using him on offence. In defemce he did but I assumed that was the issue as there was never any mentioning in his description of debuffs activating with a delay
  • Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117

Yeah, .6 second delay per champ alive on the opposite team.
  • VolumeOneVolumeOne Posts: 97
    edited April 2018
    I noticed this as well and recorded the video and sent it in; however, I tested it in a duel and there was no delay. If it is a bug I put in a ticket but if this is event specific it's not rad as it's not in the changelog.
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    I tried it in the trials and there was a delay. This seems to indicate that the enemies are a ‘team’ now rather than just individual fights but I haven’t heard any mention of this. If they’re a team will they have synergies active?
    Cujo999 wrote: »

Yeah, .6 second delay per champ alive on the opposite team.

Again this was not the case previously. And it reads on opponent's team not your team!
  • VolumeOne wrote: »
    I noticed this as well and recorded the video and sent it in; however, I tested it in a duel and there was no delay. If it is a bug I put in a ticket but if this is event specific it's not rad as it's not in the changelog.

Where did you notice the delay? If it was in an Arena fight, that could happen depending on how many Champions are still alive. If it was in a Quest, or something, where was that?
    VolumeOne wrote: »

Where did you notice the delay? If it was in an Arena fight, that could happen depending on how many Champions are still alive. If it was in a Quest, or something, where was that?

Hey @Kabam Miike , It was in the new event quest; Aria replied to my ticket and I have given them the extras of the device and a video attachment. I think the majority of the upset is this has happened while fighting against void but not as void. It has never happened before even in arena fights.
  • VolumeOne wrote: »

Hey @Kabam Miike , It was in the new event quest; Aria replied to my ticket and I have given them the extras of the device and a video attachment. I think the majority of the upset is this has happened while fighting against void but not as void. It has never happened before even in arena fights.

Thank you! I'm gonna grab that video from Aria and we'll see what could be up. This is not something that should be happening, and we're not sure why this ability would be seeing the opponent as part of a "team".

Thank you! I'm gonna grab that video from Aria and we'll see what could be up. This is not something that should be happening, and we're not sure why this ability would be seeing the opponent as part of a "team".

@Kabam Miike , awesome man thanks for your help! Let me know if you need any additional information.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Is the delay supposed to be on both and he was just not working as intended?
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Is the delay supposed to be on both and he was just not working as intended?

@Deadbyrd9 if it is how he was intended it is still a major playability nerf against nodes like this as you can no longer time the debuffs as well. I can understand if this is the intention but there were no changelogs about Void so his whole playability is being changed.
    I use void a lot. Never really read the description on the sp1. Always assumed the delay was for the debuff on his timer. Hopefully it gets fixed but I wouldn’t call it a major nerf
    It will be funny (not) if this bug is also cuts across aq. I use void quite a bit and it will mean in section 1 his first debuff will have a 30 sec delay 😂
    I just tested my void and saw no delay on the debuff when using sp1
    The delay occurs AFTER Void's timer goes off and the debuff is applied. Watch the application of the debuff on the right hand side, you'll notice the buff gets applied, and then it ticks down and then a duplicate of the buff is applied. It doesn't seem like much but when you're being timed like with Masochism it makes his play style of reverse healing much harder; similar to him against a king groot.
  • Tconz9Tconz9 Posts: 9
    I noticed it right away during new event so glad I saw this.
  • _Legz__Legz_ Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    @Kabam Miike it is counting our own team as the number alive on the opponents team. In RoL when all 5 of my team is alive the delay is 3 seconds but when I only have Void alive the delay is .6 seconds. Before the update it was instantaneous.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I just tested this as well in Realm of Legends. There's definitely a timer/delay that wasn't present before the update.

Also, if the L1 debuff and the natural timer debuff are inflicted at nearly the same time, the timer stacks, but doesn't necessarily show the proper icon for the debuff.

That was a poor explanation.

In other words, lets say Void's natural timer expires and a Fatigue Debuff is placed. Since the update, instead of inflicting damage right away, there's a timer that counts down before it starts damaging the opponent. Now let's say that at nearly the same time, I land an L1 and place another Debuff. A "2" will appear, showing a second stack of the Fatigue Debuff that is already counting down, but when that second timer expires, it will sometimes cause a Petrify or Agility Debuff to be placed instead. The second timer isn't accurately showing which debuff will be placed.
  • EggmanPEIEggmanPEI Posts: 16
    With the upcoming AW Season 2 starting up next week, this is a fairly serious issue for path 6 players who use Void against node 24 opponents. The aforementioned timer delays against our attack team translates to roughly an extra 11 seconds of fighting before we are able to activate our Fear of the Void.. and then more timer delay as we begin to apply our next round of debuffs. It might not sound like much but in higher tiers of AW, every second counts.

I'm hoping to see a fix for this before the next season starts.
    "Greetings Summoner,

Thank you for reaching out Kabam Support! I understand your concern about Masochism node in new event broken with void. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused you and we would be happy to address this for you.

I've compiled all the information you've provided and passed it on to our Game Team for further review. Though I cannot guarantee a direct response or that these changes will be implemented in the game right away. I do know that they read each report that was sent in. Their highest priority is to make sure that your experience with the game is the best it can possibly be, so rest assured they are working diligently to resolve errors like these.

I know that by not offering you an immediate resolution to this issue, I may not be alleviating your concerns as you'd hoped.

Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated. If ever you have any other concerns, questions, or issues, you are absolutely welcome to reach out to us at any time. We will be more than happy to assist you in any way we can.

Best Regards,
    Cres
    Kabam Support"

The response to my video, information, and testing on my ticket; looks like this may be here for awhile, cheers lads.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    kAbaM doEsN'T dO cHangEs wIthOuT iNfoRmiNg uS
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited April 2018

Hey, I made several checks. Using a stopwatch, I noticed that the delay depends on MY ALIVE CHAMPIONS. I can say it because I fought the mission with Nameless King groot with 3 dead champions, Void alive and Magik alive. Every special debuff of Void had a delay of 1.2 secs (0.6* 2 =1.2 bcause I had 2 alive heroes). So my conclusion is that there is this bug: the debuff are delayed because of alive champions of MY TEAM. Obviously, I checked if goin' on through the map and killing enemies, the delay would be shorten. This did't happen: first fight (5 alive heroes) 3 seconds delay. Final boss (5 alive heroes) 3 seconds delay

PS: I made a duel and the debuff have been applied with no delay
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited April 2018
    EggmanPEI wrote: »
    With the upcoming AW Season 2 starting up next week, this is a fairly serious issue for path 6 players who use Void against node 24 opponents. The aforementioned timer delays against our attack team translates to roughly an extra 11 seconds of fighting before we are able to activate our Fear of the Void.. and then more timer delay as we begin to apply our next round of debuffs. It might not sound like much but in higher tiers of AW, every second counts.

If they don't fix this bug before the war, I want my generic gem back. I spent my only 5* generic for this hero just because of the war. If I can't use this ability well or the abilities of void change, I want my resources back.
    I don't forget the bug of hyperion that made him activating willpower during the cooldown of regeneration. They fixed it immediately.
    MostWanted wrote: »
    EggmanPEI wrote: »

If they don't fix this bug before the war, I want my generic gem back. I spent my only 5* generic for this hero just because of the war. If I can't use this ability well or the abilities of void change, I want my resources back.
    I don't forget the bug of hyperion that made him activating willpower during the cooldown of regeneration. They fixed it immediately.

@MostWanted , I view this as them selling us a lemon. This new champ who is not in the basic pool so people either had to grind for him or buy crystals now has a fundamental change that is different than what we were under the impression of when we purchased. This has LEGITIMATELY nerfed the champ and taken away from his utility. People who don't play him much don't really understand, but those of us who practically main him are left feeling cheated. The response to my ticket didn't make me feel it's on their list to look at either.
  • DeltorDeltor Posts: 22
    Also experiencing this issue and it's messing up Void's Fear of the Void, not just with the increase in time it takes to place the debuff but also causing it to glitch and cause a massive delay where activating a second Fear of the Void takes as long as activating the 6th debuff instead of the time it's meant to be. I main Void and think he's one of the best if not the best in the game; Kabam you did a great job in creating this character and balancing him out so he's not insanely overpowered on defence, but in terms of his offence, this bug extremely hinders him. I'd truly appreciate it if this buff is taken care of asap. Also make him *cough* poison and *cough* bleed *cough* immune :wink: lol
  • Hey All,

Just wanted to let you all know that we are looking into this. The information you've all provided in this thread, as well as the videos you've sent our way are great helps and have given us a huge head start in finding the cause of the problem.

That reply from our support team should not be taken as an indicator that we're not prioritizing the issue, just that at that very moment we didn't have anything to share.

As soon as I have more information, I will let you all know!
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I noticed this to but haven't had time to figure out why. Guess I know now. This is a pretty big break of a champ. Like others have said war seasons are coming quickly and he's my top attack champ for aw attack.. this needs to be fixed prior to season 2!
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I'm glad Miike sees this as a problem. I hope they resolve it soon.