**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please allow Dark Artifacts to be exchanged for Infinity Dust and vice versa

Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
I'm really excited about the new Infinity Dungeon but very bummed out about the fact that the crystals we will purchase with Dark Artifacts contain basic champs. This basically makes those crystals just a +1 (or +0 if a champ is maxed) to the signature ability for players near the top with large rosters of 5*s. As is, these crystals are very likely to give me almost nothing, compared to early stage players who will benefit greatly.

I think it would be beneficial to have a way to exchange Dark Artifacts for Infinity Dust and vice versa. That way players who want more champions can get them by exchanging dust for artifacts and players who need more rank up materials can get them by exchanging artifacts for dust. Skim something off on the exchange too even, like 100 dust = 50 artifacts and 100 artifacts = 50 dust. But give us the option please. All you'd have to do is add Infinity Dust to the Artifacts store and Dark Artifacts to the Dust store. It probably could be coded in 20 minutes and it would greatly benefit a lot of players to add this flexibility.

Comments

• Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Be happy you’re getting these crystals
    Basic or not it’s still a bonus
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★

So, if I pull a 5* Gwenpool and she's already sig 200... what bonus is it still?

I'll answer for you, none. It is literally zero reward. Doesn't seem like a good use of my time to pursue it then, does it?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »

So, if I pull a 5* Gwenpool and she's already sig 200... what bonus is it still?

I'll answer for you, none. It is literally zero reward. Doesn't seem like a good use of my time to pursue it then, does it?

Well a better question to ask would be if you’d get a max sig crystal...
    Jaded wrote: »

I already know the answer to that. For a basic champion, no, there is no max sig crystal. For a full champion, yes, there is.

If they're not going to change those dark artifact crystals to have full champions, the least they can do is allow some sort of exchange of dark artifacts for infinity dust.

I already know the answer to that. For a basic champion, no, there is no max sig crystal. For a full champion, yes, there is.

If they're not going to change those dark artifact crystals to have full champions, the least they can do is allow some sort of exchange of dark artifacts for infinity dust.

No you do not know the answer to it. Basic champs won from arena don’t because you aren’t spinning them, they aren’t a crystal. Btw I’m not saying your wrong but a difference in actual proof then just assuming.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The content is for everyone, but I feel like it may be more directed at Solo Players that are looking to build a Roster, as well as anyone who wants to fill in Champs they don't have or try something new. (I know that sounds like everyone lol)
    The point I'm trying to make is I don't see the need to cross it over if people can't use what they get.
  • BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    edited April 2018
    OP, the whole point of this event is to have everyone grow their 5 star roster since 6 stars are creeping in slowly. Look at it this way: you may pull a champ you never had before and can now add to your collection, so this way when you dupe said champ from the basic 5 star crystal you will get 6 star shards and ISO from the dupe, as opposed to pulling the champ for the first time from the basic crystal and not getting those 6 star shards and ISO. Whether or not you pull a champ that will be useful is another discussion, but at least that new champ would be arena fodder. Basically, it is a bonus for completing the event quests as we usually do anyway.

Just as an aside to give some perspective, it would be truly imbalanced to separate the goal of the event for a small number of players when the majority of the player base will benefit from it
    Barogs wrote: »
    OP, the whole point of this event is to have everyone grow their 5 star roster since 6 stars are creeping in slowly. Look at it this way: you may pull a champ you never had before and can now add to your collection, so this way when you dupe said champ from the basic 5 star crystal you will get 6 star shards and ISO from the dupe, as opposed to pulling the champ for the first time from the basic crystal and not getting those 6 star shards and ISO. Whether or not you pull a champ that will be useful is another discussion, but at least that new champ would be arena fodder. Basically, it is a bonus for completing the event quests as we usually do anyway.

Just as an aside to give some perspective, it would be truly imbalanced to separate the goal of the event for a small number of players when the majority of the player base will benefit from it

It is highly unlikely I pull a new champ from any of these crystals. I don't think you're getting it, there are players in the game who already have every single champ available in these crystals. I don't, but the reality is I'd be lucky to get 1 new champion with 3 tries.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    The dark artifact crystals are great because they allow you to target the specific champs you need. If there’s no one on the list that you really need, then just pick the crystal that you have the least amount of 5*s in so you have the best chance to pull someone new. I have 59 5*s but no Ghost Rider so I’m targeting all my crystals for him. Any new champ is a good pull from a 5* crystal nowadays.

It is highly unlikely I pull a new champ from any of these crystals. I don't think you're getting it, there are players in the game who already have every single champ available in these crystals. I don't, but the reality is I'd be lucky to get 1 new champion with 3 tries.

What about those who haven’t got them? It’s a great way to build up rosters and obtain champions that you have been chasing
    If you have already got all these champions at max what’s the point in doing it. Oh I forgot teamwork and new gameplay

This is a new mode for all of and we might know very little about how it works but I’d wait until you actually play it
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★

You always have the option of not spending the damn things.

Sheesh,When you think you'll get basically nothing out of something, Suck it up and don't do it,
    It's for players without big 5* rosters/4* or even 3* rosters ((I don't judge)
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★

You can always not do it,Man.
    Actually it does affect others.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★

No you do not know the answer to it. Basic champs won from arena don’t because you aren’t spinning them, they aren’t a crystal. Btw I’m not saying your wrong but a difference in actual proof then just assuming.

They said in the post that the champs that would drop from these crystals count as basic champs

In what way? I'm not suggesting changing anything in the crystals or their availability. I'm suggesting adding the ability to exchange artifacts and dust for each other. In fact, my suggestion might actually help out someone who needs more 5s on their roster as they could do the opposite of what I'd do.
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    I still don't see why the champs in these crystals are basic champs. Like, is it to hinder the higher rated players, is it to make us feel like we're getting something while giving the absolute bare minimum? Luckily my only max sig champ is Ronan. But I'm sure it'll hurt a lot of players.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    Vegeta9000 wrote: »
    I still don't see why the champs in these crystals are basic champs. Like, is it to hinder the higher rated players, is it to make us feel like we're getting something while giving the absolute bare minimum? Luckily my only max sig champ is Ronan. But I'm sure it'll hurt a lot of players.

To the OP it would be cool to be able to swap one for the other.

As for your theory that certainly could be the case but I wouldn't think it is just quite that thought out. I see it similar to other things were it's like, "Here's a trial and here's an award". Not exceptional consideration as to all the ins and outs. I'm not saying they're not smart just not the best rewards we could hope for.
    edited April 2018

In what way? I'm not suggesting changing anything in the crystals or their availability. I'm suggesting adding the ability to exchange artifacts and dust for each other. In fact, my suggestion might actually help out someone who needs more 5s on their roster as they could do the opposite of what I'd do.
    Well, it would be giving some an unfair advantage, and the Rewards fron the Store are pretty closely accounted for. It was an idea, I just think both have separate purposes.
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    @Hulk_77 it effects the balance because for newer players these are free 5* champions. If you do everything you are capped at 3 of them. but if you allow conversion between the 2 currencies players who have no need for an AG (because they dont have great champs) or a ton of T2A for that matter give up their dust and get a host of new 5* to advance much quicker than was anticipated/planned for you are the top .00000000000001% there are barely any players in your situation. I have a "large" 5* roster myself getting close to 60 champs barely any of them are duped (most of my r4s are from AG's) and im probably still a top 5% player if not higher in the game. this is a relatively insignificant issue for the community at large and would create a larger one in order to cater to your very specific issue

Well, it would be giving some an unfair advantage, and the Rewards fron the Store are pretty closely accounted for. It was an idea, I just think both have separate purposes.

I don't think it gives anyone an unfair advantage. Please elaborate how it is giving anyone an unfair advantage.

It gives players more choices. But every player would be able to choose what suited their personal situation best. That isn't an advantage when it is the same for everyone.

Are you just trolling just to troll? Serious question.

So don't get the crystal type with Gwenpool in it. Not rocket science mate.

I have the majority of champs in every crystal, most duped. I'm not interested in 6 weeks of work in the dungeons for a total of +3 signature ability.
    whaler213 wrote: »
    @Hulk_77 it effects the balance because for newer players these are free 5* champions. If you do everything you are capped at 3 of them. but if you allow conversion between the 2 currencies players who have no need for an AG (because they dont have great champs) or a ton of T2A for that matter give up their dust and get a host of new 5* to advance much quicker than was anticipated/planned for you are the top .00000000000001% there are barely any players in your situation. I have a "large" 5* roster myself getting close to 60 champs barely any of them are duped (most of my r4s are from AG's) and im probably still a top 5% player if not higher in the game. this is a relatively insignificant issue for the community at large and would create a larger one in order to cater to your very specific issue

The newest players won't have access to the 5*s.
    Yeah newer players only get 3* crystals
    Veteran players get all the crystals

So don't get the crystal type with Gwenpool in it. Not rocket science mate.

I have the majority of champs in every crystal, most duped. I'm not interested in 6 weeks of work in the dungeons for a total of +3 signature ability.

Then don’t don’t do it 🤔
    If it doesn’t benefit you at all then the option to not do it is available for free.