**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Account Sharing [Merged Threads]

boss6390boss6390 Posts: 35
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
In response to the most recent thing about account Sharing and saying you will be taking stricter actions, I've been talking to some of the top alliances. You do realize you will have to ban about half the people that play the game right? @Kabam Miike
I personally don't account share but I don't see anything wrong with it. Lots of people have a life and don't have time to sit in the game constantly or at the last minute in AW
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Nice to see some action. What is considered egregious? So I know what to watch for.
  • BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    @Kabam Miike about account sharing i have 4 accounts that is my own account since the biggining of this game and i put them all in the same alliance if this acct sharing is against ToS what would i do to my acct i will separate them so that i can still play this?
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Nice to see some action. What is considered egregious? So I know what to watch for.

egregious = extraordinary in some bad way; glaring; flagrant
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    They did this tipe of warnings at least 2x times in the past already, and players are still doing the same thing and logging in other players accounts.
    Hope this time this gets somehow fixed. This means ban a lot of alliances and players that are sharing accounts alkost every day, or even those players that are payed to complete ingame content
  • RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    What if you use multiple devices? how would that work? I go from tablet, to phone, to ipod, to another tablet lol....
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    I agree with this, you'll be affecting entire alliance systems by enforcing this. Almost 75% of the player base accounts share, and to be honest, it's not to extreme. Account sharing usually occurs when some can't play at that given moment or any other circumstance. You can't punish people for wanting to play but not being able to because they have some sort of life occurrence outside of mcoc.

Obviously they can, it's their TOS. You can argue they shouldn't, but you can also argue that 5 star AGs should cost less than 6.8 million dust nonsense and get just as far with changing anyone's minds about the subject.
  • VolumeOneVolumeOne Posts: 97
    I've never shared my login details with anyone (in fact i'm heavily against it) but I feel this is basically just pushing people towards that whole "the game is feeling like it's a full time job rather than a game" if you have literally anything go on while you're running map 6 and no one can help you out you've hurt the entire alliance. Again, I've never done it but they're just going to cause more strife from players which is sad to see :/
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    1Marve1 wrote: »
    What if you use multiple devices? how would that work? I go from tablet, to phone, to ipod, to another tablet lol....

Multiple devices and multiple accounts are allowed. You just can't play on an account that doesn't belong to you
  • Dj_mphDj_mph Posts: 72
    edited April 2018
    What about your wife or your child’s account? As a married couple you share credit cards, bills, cars, and well everything. Also want about your child as a parent i can’t take my kids phone and play his game or log into his account from my phone to look at his in game messages? So confused what they can actually do in those situations?
  • Hulk_SmellsHulk_Smells Posts: 183
    does piloting only apply to AW? how about AQ?
  • @Kabam Miike
    Its all well and good, but if they start banning people that “pilot” and punish them, thats pretty much your entire player base, especially the high end alliances.

It will get to the stage where people can’t get online because they are at work or some kind of a family occasion and their officers can’t log in on their behalf. Then people will get get kicked from the alliances.

I have 2 accounts to my name under different email addresses, will this trigger them to ban me? I spend on both accounts, but if this is the case I will stick with the main.

This not good for the player base, it will crumble alliances. MCOC will loses players on a daily basis as it is. If they put as much effort into fixing the game as they do fighting piloting, maybe things would get better.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    What if you fly from The USA to Australia or having a surgery? Will you leave your alliance during the flight?

Risk/reward. You get a ticket for jaywalking too, but there you are.
  • HeRBz3rKHeRBz3rK Posts: 3
    Top alliances spend loads of money to stay at the top, they pilot to win SO I'm interested how they intend to keep getting money and uphold these conditions, esp if each player per ally is spending 1k+ units on AW to perform as well as buying EVERY deal offered. $600 X 30 a week per alliance. This should be interesting.
  • rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    @Kabam Miike Can you let us know more about the monitoring system. What does it consider? IP addresses/Mac addresses or a combination of both?
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    @Kabam Miike you guys need a better layout on what the tier of punishment you guys handout is.

You realize most of the f2p folk are entrenched deeply into the idea that you won’t touch your cashcows with a heavy hand, but will banhammer everyone else for the smallest offense.

Just a bit more transparency on the matter would be nice is all that’s meant to be understood as
  • WARICK99WARICK99 Posts: 44
    There’s account sharing, or helping friend out once in a while, then there’s true piloting. Piloting is using one to a few players to run all 30 accounts in an alliance to fight in AW. Their best players log in and fight, severely increasing their odds of winning. A normal alliance just can’t compete with that. My alliance has lost wars to piloting. It’s pretty obvious when you see your opponents all move in succession in a one to two hour period. One account logs on and moves, then a few minutes another, and so on. It’s not super prevalent, but from what I’ve seen probably 20% of top alliances do it. Its been going on for a long time. It’s just REALLY annoying now with seasons implemented where it can really effect your rewards. Our alliance would probably have made platinum 2 this past season but we lost a few to piloting alliances the last 5 or 6 wars.
  • RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    1Marve1 wrote: »

Multiple devices and multiple accounts are allowed. You just can't play on an account that doesn't belong to you

Yes, but what I'm saying is how can they tell the difference between having multiple devices and account sharing?
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    This is the best news to come to MCOC in very long time. I am very happy to see piloting was acknowledged, and that Kabam said they were going to take stricter actions to those that egregiously “pilot” or Account Share in Alliance Wars.

This is a very important part here. Kabam says egregiously “pilot” and in alliance wars. This could mean that in the occasional emergency situation account sharing wont have too harsh a punishment, if any at all, but that over doing in AW will result in harsher punishments (point removal, bans, etc.).

I hope they will also take into account those who account share for other areas as well such as: arena, legends titles, legends runs that reward large ticket items such as Thankos (act 5), etc. This is a huge victory for the integrity of AW, and I hope it will translate to the rest of the game

Kabam, honestly, thank you.