**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Account Sharing [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    what if your young and your sister has to log in on there phone to buy you an offer is that account sharing

It’ll be ok as long as your doing it to spend money! 😂
    Seriously though, that’s technically against the rules.
  • hydrogohardhydrogohard Posts: 218 ★★
    Yes Kabam the sooner the better
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Vincew80 wrote: »
    what if your young and your sister has to log in on there phone to buy you an offer is that account sharing

It’ll be ok as long as your doing it to spend money! 😂
    Seriously though, that’s technically against the rules.

In another thread Adora implied that a parent logging into an account to monitor what their children are doing is something they would not consider a violation of their terms of service, although there would be no reason for a parent to actually play the game for their child. I believe this falls into similar territory; if a parent or other adult has to log in to allow an account played by a minor to purchase something because they don't have that ability on their own, that would not be a violation of their terms either, so long as no actual game play was occurring.

I am not a Kabam spokesperson, so I can only extrapolate but that seems to be a reasonable extrapolation.

cf: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/387046/#Comment_387046
  • I agree with this, you'll be affecting entire alliance systems by enforcing this. Almost 75% of the player base accounts share, and to be honest, it's not to extreme. Account sharing usually occurs when some can't play at that given moment or any other circumstance. You can't punish people for wanting to play but not being able to because they have some sort of life occurrence outside of mcoc.

Obviously they can, it's their TOS. You can argue they shouldn't, but you can also argue that 5 star AGs should cost less than 6.8 million dust nonsense and get just as far with changing anyone's minds about the subject.

lmao, that is true. Tbh, this argument could go on till kingdom come, I'm only really mentioning how its gonna affect most of the player fan base.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Scotch wrote: »
    My nephew is graduating, my friend is getting married, my favorite band is going to be playing in town and my wife wants to go to Florida....all on the same day. I can do 1 of these things. That's how things work....but in the MCOC world, everyone feels they HAVE to do everything, all the time.

That's not really on Kabam, that's on the players choices, the competitive nature of people. if you lose a war, or don't finish an AQ, or miss rewards from an event or two you'll still be able to play and progress, you might even enjoy the game more if you don't stress so much on finishing all content all the time

How about I'm going to be gone for 1 month on a trip to the Himilayas and won't have phone access? Why kick me..i'm just a normal person on vacation....Should I borrow the Yetti's phone? You can go on and on about this... Leave your alliance during that time then. If they really want you, they will invite you back. Stop crying. It is what it is and you can't expect Kabam to figure out every scenario

Seagod42 wrote: »
    Kabam....if you want to Crack down on piloted accounts fine but you have to understand a few things. You will lose players if you do not make any in game changes. People have real lives out side of this game and life comes first, always. A suggestion would be to do 15 players in 2 bgs or alliances of 40 players with 3 bgs or less paths in AW and AQ. Either accept that people want to live life and play the game or that you will be banning most of your players. Make the right choice for once

If Kabam is willing to ban players for account sharing, warning them that this course of action will cost them players seems moot.
  • Nk_2565Nk_2565 Posts: 2
    I definitely agree that account piloting & sharing is not a fair play. But being able to access the game from different devices shouldn't be confused with that.
    I have an iPad which I usually play in while m at home. But I use my smart phone to access the game when I want to play this game but m not at home. So I am scared now that if I continue using both my devices like that I will be unnecessarily banned under the pretext of sharing and piloting??
  • XtremeMachineXtremeMachine Posts: 40
    Scotch wrote: »
    My nephew is graduating, my friend is getting married, my favorite band is going to be playing in town and my wife wants to go to Florida....all on the same day. I can do 1 of these things. That's how things work....but in the MCOC world, everyone feels they HAVE to do everything, all the time.

That's not really on Kabam, that's on the players choices, the competitive nature of people. if you lose a war, or don't finish an AQ, or miss rewards from an event or two you'll still be able to play and progress, you might even enjoy the game more if you don't stress so much on finishing all content all the time

How about I'm going to be gone for 1 month on a trip to the Himilayas and won't have phone access? Why kick me..i'm just a normal person on vacation....Should I borrow the Yetti's phone? You can go on and on about this... Leave your alliance during that time then. If they really want you, they will invite you back. Stop crying. It is what it is and you can't expect Kabam to figure out every scenario

You think its easy to just replace someone you trust with someone you know nothing about and could just leave mid event? You must have no experience as a leader then. Leaders take all the risk, good or bad. I would like you to go through what we leaders do and try to find new members that match all the characteristics you need, that kabam dictates (like prestige). Then if you do have to replace a loyal member and that member is ready to come back and you have no space, is it right to just discard the help? So long and thanks for the fish? Why should we even have to do that?
  • BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    @Kabam Miike i have 3 accounts thats is my own account and i merge it in the same alliance as u said as long as we play our own account it okey so how about Alliance war season 2 i will play my 3 accts in one alliance or i will separate them or i can play them because its my own acct?

One more question @Kabam Miike
    How i can prove that i play my 3 accts in one alliance i will link them in one cellphone to avoid ban
    Nk_2565 wrote: »
    I definitely agree that account piloting & sharing is not a fair play. But being able to access the game from different devices shouldn't be confused with that.
    I have an iPad which I usually play in while m at home. But I use my smart phone to access the game when I want to play this game but m not at home. So I am scared now that if I continue using both my devices like that I will be unnecessarily banned under the pretext of sharing and piloting??

Why?
    @Kabam Miike I propose a strike system. Maximum penalty resulting in ban on the first offense isn't fair. The person should get a warning that continuing to do so will escalate the punishment. It is not fair that it would affect the ENTIRE alliance in points and rating. A member should be dealt with personally from Kabam. This was one of the problems with AW Season 1 as the punishment affected everyone else's effort and in doing so, driving some to give up playing altogether.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    So what if someone is running an account for someone for an extended period due to real life issues and they are the only ones logging in? I know a friend in game who was gifted an account while the guy attends to real life for a while? That an issue?
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    Hey All,

Account Sharing is against our terms of service, and always has been. We understand that this might come as a shock to some players, but this is something that many players have been discussing since the beginning of Alliance Wars Season 1, if not long before. It is not fair to allow some players to break the Terms of Service, while others that are playing legitimately are at a disadvantage.

You are allowed to have more than one account, and as long as you are playing your own accounts, you do not have to worry. If you're not breaking the Terms of Service here, you shouldn't be worried.

Miike...

How about : I Have 3 accounts and playing that accounts alternately with my 2 phone devices?
    are that will mean "account sharing"?

as i know, Kabam never heard and listen when we say kabam wrongly banned an account.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    So glad to see the longly neglected TOS finally get some respect *sob *sob
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    So what if someone is running an account for someone for an extended period due to real life issues and they are the only ones logging in? I know a friend in game who was gifted an account while the guy attends to real life for a while? That an issue?

Actually, yeah it is an issue. Why should your "friend" get to have his account progress when they aren't playing it?

What part of the words "account sharing is not allowed" is complicated?
    Don't back down, Kabam -- this absolutely needs to happen.

These cheaters have run rampant long enough. Every one of their excuses is absolute garbage.

Don't back down.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Sac123_ wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom @BitterSteel @charaderdude2 @will-o-wisp I usually find haven't seen yall post on this what is y'alls thoughts on this?

Piloting, account sharing or logging on to help a friend is wrong. It may seem like nothing, but the whole point of aq/Aw is to work as a team. When you log in for someone else it removes the team aspect of it.
    @GroundedWisdom @BitterSteel @charaderdude2 @will-o-wisp I usually find haven't seen yall post on this what is y'alls thoughts on this?

Piloting, account sharing or logging on to help a friend is wrong. It may seem like nothing, but the whole point of aq/Aw is to work as a team. When you log in for someone else it removes the team aspect of it.

Are you sure it's not about getting the rewards? Sure seems like it. How does it remove the team aspect of it? You are still doing it as a team. Have you been a leader before? Sure doesn't sound like it, must be nice huh?
  • FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    Perhaps its because I'm in a casual alliance and below the level where people feel a need to cheat, but I don't see the advantages of account sharing. If you let others do all the challenging fights for you, how can you grow as a player? Its the challenge that makes the game fun and interesting. If you have someone else doing the fun parts for you, then why are you playing?
    Rednick69 wrote: »
    1Marve1 wrote: »
    1Marve1 wrote: »
    What if you use multiple devices? how would that work? I go from tablet, to phone, to ipod, to another tablet lol....

Multiple devices and multiple accounts are allowed. You just can't play on an account that doesn't belong to you

Yes, but what I'm saying is how can they tell the difference between having multiple devices and account sharing?

We can, but we're not going to be discussing our methods.

I like that you confirm this, but I don't believe it. I think this entire threat was blind and that you can't tell the difference. I think this threat was only to appease the lower end player base that can't compete with the upper half.

Seems to me that if a person needs someone else to move for them, they are the ones who can't compete...because, welp, they aren't actually competing, now are they

Are you sure it's not about getting the rewards? Sure seems like it. How does it remove the team aspect of it? You are still doing it as a team. Have you been a leader before? Sure doesn't sound like it, must be nice huh?

I'm a leader. We don't cheat.

Sometimes we don't finish maps. Sometimes people have to work. Sometimes people can't play.

Some of us don't cheat, then come and cry about it when Kabam actually enforces a rule they have had since forever

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Seems like someone is annoyed about not being able to pilot anymore. It removes the team aspect because if one person is doing everything then it’s just one person with ten accounts, if it’s one person doing the majority then it’s still wrong. I’ve been a leader before, it’s still wrong to pilot. It’s against the rules, it’s against the spirit of a game. It’s wrong. Get over it.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★

I'm flattered,Thanks for calling me,lol.

Of course,Account sharing and "piloting" is wroooong