**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Personal chat problem [Fix in Next Update]

Dev10999Dev10999 Posts: 48
edited April 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
In this new update i am experiencing chat problem.4klajvw01ucz.png
Differemt persons but same chat i cant send messages or look past messages.
fuo9wvyo7n1c.png
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• Hey there!

Can you tell me if this is still happening after you close out of the app entirely and then reopen it?
  • @Kabam Vydious Sometimes it fixes when you restart the game, but most of the time it doesn't work. I shouldn't have to close the game 6 times just to chat with somebody.

I use Android, if that helps.

I ask because if a one time restart fixes it, that's a one-off fix. Not a permanent one. We need to gather all the information we can about something in order to further investigate it. Knowing that helps.

And thank you, yes. Can you also tell me what device type and OS version of Android?
  • Dev10999Dev10999 Posts: 48
    Hey there!

Can you tell me if this is still happening after you close out of the app entirely and then reopen it?

Still happeningwz1ixpvhdty8.png
    fzdoarfjaxa1.png
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    I'm having the same issue and I have deleted the app and reinstalled, restarted my phone and nothing. Invites are also broken people don't get them.

Restarting will let you select a different conversation, but once you leave that conversation it's locked again.

iOS iPhone 7+
  • Thank you, everyone! We'll look into this!
  • Dev10999Dev10999 Posts: 48
    Thank you, everyone! We'll look into this!

OS andoird 6.0.1
    Device samsung galaxy j5 2015
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Ok I'm in dungeons and can't communicate so people are taking the wrong nodes, I'm having to use Line as the chat and it costing us a loss? Oh I know 2* crystals for everyone, but we tested it all 😂

Why don't you have other people besides the spenders test? DorkyDave is too busy making videos and making money to really test the game.

Chat is broken, alliance invites is broken, but we have dungeons regardless if you can communicate 🤦🏽‍♂️
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Idk if this helps, also experiencing this exact problem on Huawei honor 5x android, most recent update
  • jimibegoode83jimibegoode83 Posts: 70
    Sick and tired now of messages I write in game not working properly. They were not working properly last maintenance. I Message one person then try to message another person then it shows the message of the previous person I was talking to. Please sort it thanks.
    fn6cfzg2prc5.png
    I'm trying to talk to harbor and it keeps coming up with lothrandr who I was talking to previously
  • Nirbhay01Nirbhay01 Posts: 5
    I write message to a friend then this is going to all friends automatic, and if any other send me message then vice e versa. Pls fix
  • same here, using nubia m2 lite, android 7
  • JokepoolJokepool Posts: 401
    m0lj68yyel34.jpg
    akcdicfhm4q5.jpg
    Same here
    Before and after restarting the app
  • JokepoolJokepool Posts: 401
    And the chat room for the dongeon is not working as well
  • Mekh2Mekh2 Posts: 14
    Same here. iPhone 6s iOS 11.3
    Restarting only helps to see 1 personal chat, but still cannot type.
    Restarting helps to show previous chats in dungeon, but not next things you or other person types
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    iPhone 5 here but it has nothing to do with device Mods... all my alliance mates are having issues across most if not all devices.

Chat has been off and on broken since a few updates back. But right now there is a new one where personal PMs get locked tot he first person you talk to (when it works at all). So what I means is I talk to Dave I cannot them PM Mike after.

PLEASE FIX THIS! Right now I have to restart my game app every single time I want to PM someone new.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    Hey there!

This happens to me even after restarting the game
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    +1 to the issue
  • In game chat in general has never recovered for me on iOS it is impossible to try to use in game chat for anything.
  • Cyber23455Cyber23455 Posts: 30
    It’s happening to me as well
  • Cyber23455Cyber23455 Posts: 30
    And after I restart it, it doesn’t fix it
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    It is so bad. All of chat is a mess that only works sometimes.

Also a new issue just came up where randomly the Alliance Feed with show "This Member* has been Demoted/Promoted" but they were not demoted or promoted.
  • MommaKiller1MommaKiller1 Posts: 25
    Same thing sending 1 pm to single member goes to all my friends can’t chat properly and I’m a leader. Need it fixed
  • The ingame chat and messaging situation isn’t new. It’s been an issue for as long as I can remember. It was poor before that, without tagging functionality or any form of notification possible, the low character limit hampers comms and not being able to share pictures is just a nail in the coffin. There’s a reason why we all use Line (other messaging apps are available).
    I started to get messages in dungeons relating to room 1 when we were clearing room 6. Considering there were about 3 app restarts in that as well, that’s obviously not the issue.
  • Am I the only one who needs to close the app on IOS, between every team member I want to discuss with since the last update?
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    Ive got this problem my private conversation was in everyones private inbox that are on my friend list
    I was having a conversation with a member and other members were recieving and able to read the conversation, I have screenshot of a 3rd persons posts and mine going to other people inboxes
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    It's a visual glitch,Soooooo...Other people don't actually see the messages.

.I think they said there's an update for a fix on this soon
    they did though I got a message saying was these for me, maybe the name on the room was wrong and i did not send to intended person