**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Multiple devices/ multiple accounts question

I did a search and couldn't find a definitive answer. I have two iPads and two accounts. Is this consider against ToS? I do NOT want to be banned. I never switch accounts on the iPads. I never login with the opposite iPad. I do that purposely because I've heard you could get in trouble for that. I just want a straight answer. Am I doing something wrong. If so I'll abandon my "fun" account and only play my account I've invested in. Yes this is from all the bans and I'm worried. How could I not be. Anyway I'm babbling. I'm I safe? Thanks.

Comments

• Thank you for clarification Mike. Greatly appreciated.
  • Sofian_zSofian_z Posts: 11
    Nope! As long as both of those accounts belong to you, and you're not sharing with anybody else, and you're not using any software or exploits to change the balance of the game, having multiple accounts is totally acceptable.

Kabam Mike, I just want to make sure it's okay to have a second account. I just made one and really miss the feeling of playing the acts until now. Also my biggest question is "If i was to buy a gifting badge for my second account and send items to my 1st account" is that allowed?

On another topic, i was wondering when do you add gifting badges for new players? i have been playing for 5 days now i believe

Thank You
    Michael Lyons
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Sofian_z wrote: »
    Nope! As long as both of those accounts belong to you, and you're not sharing with anybody else, and you're not using any software or exploits to change the balance of the game, having multiple accounts is totally acceptable.

Kabam Mike, I just want to make sure it's okay to have a second account. I just made one and really miss the feeling of playing the acts until now.

This specific question has been answered by the mods more than once. It is fine to play multiple accounts. I believe Kabam Miike even admitted to playing multiple accounts. Separately it doesn't matter where you play those accounts or on how many different devices you play on.

The rule is pretty simple. Do you have an account in which more than one person plays on that account? If the answer is yes, that's account sharing and it is not allowed. If the answer is no, you can have any number of accounts and any number of devices and that's fine.
  • Sofian_z wrote: »

Kabam Mike, I just want to make sure it's okay to have a second account. I just made one and really miss the feeling of playing the acts until now. Also my biggest question is "If i was to buy a gifting badge for my second account and send items to my 1st account" is that allowed?

On another topic, i was wondering when do you add gifting badges for new players? i have been playing for 5 days now i believe

Thank You
    Michael Lyons

Hey there Sofian_z,

So long as you are the only person using the accounts, it's fine to have more than one. Gifting between those accounts is perfectly fine as well! As for the gifting badge, it typically becomes available to purchase once an account has reached level 40. After reaching level 40, purchasing a Unit package of 850 Units or more will automatically unlock the the gifting option for you.
  • I want to create a second account but use it on the same device. That means i would have to log in and out of each account. Is that possible, and would that get me banned?
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    I want to create a second account but use it on the same device. That means i would have to log in and out of each account. Is that possible, and would that get me banned?

It defiantly won't get you banned since it's still only you using said accounts, as long you don't give out your information you can have one or many accounts on a single device or have them on multiple ones.

I have two devices but occasionally I have to leave my other one and log in and out of my accounts on one of them when I have to.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I want to create a second account but use it on the same device. That means i would have to log in and out of each account. Is that possible, and would that get me banned?

To clarify. Having more than one Account is allowed. Having more than one device is allowed. Playing more than one Account on the same device is allowed. What is not allowed is Account Sharing. As long as the Accounts belong to you, you are free to use them on the same device, or separate if you choose.
  • DJJZ15DJJZ15 Posts: 46
    I just read the post talking about how kabam is going to get stricter on piloting which I am all for. I just want to know then if I have two accounts that are in the same alliance, but I run both of them on one device should I be nervous?

Any insight would be appreciated
  • EthnutZEthnutZ Posts: 52
    There are alot of unknowns and kabam can potentially shoot themselves in the foot with this. While yeah piloting is too heavy in the top tiers, there are situations like yours that remain unanswered from kabam. I personally and many many others run a vpn 24/7 so ip tracking wont help kabam, multiple devices per person also makes this difficult. If @Kabam Miike or anyone up there can be a little more specific that would be great but dont expect much. Most of the top alliances that run piloted AWs are calling BS. i guess we’ll see, but im expecting alot of “mistaken” bans and the unavoidable community backlash .
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    I’d assume its more aimed at multiple devices using one account, not the other way round, i have two accounts, one where ive completed all there is, and another i can actually do story and such on.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    In the same situation, two accounts in one alliance, four(!) in another.
    Yes, those four are just tiny accounts for ****'n-giggles, but still. They always run through the same warmap. The other two accounts don't always both join war, but there are times where they might both be in.
  • Dj_mphDj_mph Posts: 72
    edited April 2018
    What about your wife or your child’s account? As a married couple share credit cards, bills, cars, and well everything. Also want about your child as a parent i can’t take my kids phone a play his game or log into his account from my phone to look at his in game messages? So confused what they can actually do in those situations?
  • VolumeOneVolumeOne Posts: 97
    I really would like to know how:
    Would they track accounts per Mac address and watch IP's to see if me logging into my ipad is someone else?
    What about multiple accounts on one IP, I know on my connection alone there are five people who log in on lunch. Interested to see the enforcement of this.
    So i can’t log in to my 13 year olds son account ever? Even as a parent @Kabam Miike
    Or because he is a minor the account is actually mine anyways? Correct
    @Ad0ra_ thanks for your response!
    VolumeOne wrote: »
    Would they track accounts per Mac address and watch IP's to see if me logging into my ipad is someone else?
    What about multiple accounts on one IP, I know on my connection alone there are five people who log in on lunch. Interested to see the enforcement of this.

IP addresses are not something I would ever even look at when investigating account sharing, because that is an almost completely meaningless piece of information. I suspect the only reason why so many people ask about IP addresses is that IP addresses are a thing that people are vaguely aware of.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    i think almost impossible to watch some ip's on some devices for some accounts..

are kabam looking for user behaviors on a fight? or how often a user using the account on a same device? then catch them when 'stranger' device login in for once or two?
    🤔
  • Jing_Yik2017Jing_Yik2017 Posts: 86
    If both (or more) accounts are your own, this is not against our terms of service and is not grounds for punishment. If you have multiple accounts that are your own that you play on your own device(s), you're safe. Logging into other players accounts and playing for them is against our Terms of Service, and is grounds for this punishment.

Just wanted to double check.

I have two accounts, the main account just joined the small account alliance (last week). I played both accounts on two different devices, but for higher difficult matches, i always switch the account to phone from tablet, and use the tablet for auto fights for the other account. I do switching few times per day just don't want to waste energy on the other account (this months events are long).

Will this considered NOT against terms?

Do i need to leave the current alliance to avoid being suspect of piloting? Don't want my three years works all gone because of this.

Hope you can shed some light.

Thanks in advance.
    If both (or more) accounts are your own, this is not against our terms of service and is not grounds for punishment. If you have multiple accounts that are your own that you play on your own device(s), you're safe. Logging into other players accounts and playing for them is against our Terms of Service, and is grounds for this punishment.

I have two accounts, the main account just joined the small account alliance (last week). I played both accounts on two different devices, but for higher difficult matches, i always switch the account to phone from tablet, and use the tablet for auto fights for the other account. I do switching few times per day just don't want to waste energy on the other account (this months events are long).

The definition of account sharing, which has been discussed and confirmed by the mods several times in the past, is two different people playing the same account. If the situation you are asking about does not include two different people playing the same account it is not account sharing.

In your situation, only one human being appears to be involved, so by definition it is not account sharing.

The mods have already confirmed in the past that the following is acceptable, and in many cases things that Kabam employees do on a regular basis:

1. Playing the game while sometimes or always connected to a VPN
    2. Playing two or more game accounts on the same device
    3. Playing a single account on two different devices
    4. Playing multiple accounts on multiple devices
    5. Playing on both iOS and Android platforms
    6. Traveling while playing and logging in while in different countries
    7. Playing while logged into public WIFI or other shared environments
    8. Playing while visiting someone else's house and using their internet

• FyrintenimarFyrintenimar Posts: 53
    Its understandable that Kabam can't go into detail how they detect account sharing, as if players know what they are looking for, it becomes easier to avoid detection. The primary concern is the possibility of a wrongful ban.
  • Jing_Yik2017Jing_Yik2017 Posts: 86
    DNA3000 wrote: »

The definition of account sharing, which has been discussed and confirmed by the mods several times in the past, is two different people playing the same account. If the situation you are asking about does not include two different people playing the same account it is not account sharing.

In your situation, only one human being appears to be involved, so by definition it is not account sharing.

The mods have already confirmed in the past that the following is acceptable, and in many cases things that Kabam employees do on a regular basis:

1. Playing the game while sometimes or always connected to a VPN
    2. Playing two or more game accounts on the same device
    3. Playing a single account on two different devices
    4. Playing multiple accounts on multiple devices
    5. Playing on both iOS and Android platforms
    6. Traveling while playing and logging in while in different countries
    7. Playing while logged into public WIFI or other shared environments
    8. Playing while visiting someone else's house and using their internet

Thanks for your answer. Really appreciate it.

But how Kabam knows that the two accounts are handle by one HUMAN. that's my concern.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Hmm but how could they tell the difference? If I login with my own account on another device because my first device is broken then would that not be the same as someone else logging in with your account on another device?
  • boss6390boss6390 Posts: 35

IP addresses are not something I would ever even look at when investigating account sharing, because that is an almost completely meaningless piece of information. I suspect the only reason why so many people ask about IP addresses is that IP addresses are a thing that people are vaguely aware of.

Actually, IP addresses have certain regions that gives an idea of where that person is. So kabam could use them to identify the sharers. It would be pretty hard for someone to log on from California one second, and then Florida the next.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Some Countrys in Europe are way smaler than the US.
    it wouldt work there. i doubt the IP Detection method.

They will Ask Device Details (OS, Brand, Imei maybe. What you might get at all). A normal Accout will be used by, lets say regulary 2 or 3 Devices. Thats the ones you Play most Content with.
    But ONLY when AW is running, and only the Hard Path/ Nodes, will be played from a diffrent device. They Say HMMMM.
    When just this (or a couple) device(s) Play all nodes on the last Thirds of the Map / Mini Bosses / only 2 Devices Play 8 Accounts to kill the Boss. i Would say ist pretty much a hint theres something wrong.

By the way, saving IP for no reason is prohibited by European Laws.
    Device Infos are needed to keep the "Player Expierience" High an satisfying
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    boss6390 wrote: »

Actually, IP addresses have certain regions that gives an idea of where that person is. So kabam could use them to identify the sharers. It would be pretty hard for someone to log on from California one second, and then Florida the next.

Not really. I see my phone switch between proxies for the public IP when I've moved between cell towers. It really all depends on the proxy you get funneled through at that moment.

At work we have internet load balanced which could send us out based on the internet connection that has the least amount of traffic going through it at the time. I could login on moment and go out through NY, do my AW moves, log back in 10 minutes later and go out through Washington because the NY pipe is too congested.

• KandyManKandyMan Posts: 17
    I have two accounts. One of them is on my iPad. The other one is on my two phones. Is this okay?
  • WaldoWaldo Posts: 38
    boss6390 wrote: »

With a VPN you could easily log into the game from California and seconds later log in from Florida...
    And could just as easily log in from Canada seconds after that, then Europe, etc.
    They gotta be watching for war specific logins and device details (iOS / Android versions and/or devices.)

I’m very much for the deduction of points in war seasons for piloting, I personally think that’s a more harsh punishment that a temp ban, and it hits the piloted and the pilots at the same time.