**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Account Sharing [Merged Threads]

Comments

• KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159
    I’m glad to hear the rules will be enforced. I hope they extend it to AQ as well. If you can’t play your own account in AQ/AW, then sucks to be you. Go to an alliance that runs something you can handle, whether it’s a time problem or a skill problem. This should have been implemented a long time ago.
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    Hey All,

Account Sharing is against our terms of service, and always has been. We understand that this might come as a shock to some players, but this is something that many players have been discussing since the beginning of Alliance Wars Season 1, if not long before. It is not fair to allow some players to break the Terms of Service, while others that are playing legitimately are at a disadvantage.

You are allowed to have more than one account, and as long as you are playing your own accounts, you do not have to worry. If you're not breaking the Terms of Service here, you shouldn't be worried.

Why state this when nothing will not really happen?
    Its like saying "Stop that right now" to a kid, but if he/she doesnt obey you immidietly youll just stop an be like "o well, whatever". Kids aint stupid and they know what string to pull.
    Why do you think that we are stupid?

You have stated something like this a million times, yet nothing has changed.
    People aint that stupid, they have seen that you are bluffing so they wont stop. Until action is taken, i aint beliving this that you will actually do something...

• Tiago1980Tiago1980 Posts: 34
    I think Kabam can not understand what happens with the game.

I have seen the topic about account sharing and I found it incredible how they simply want to punish those who play in multiple accounts and do not seek to identify and mainly to address the causes that lead to this.

The first question would be: Why can not a player keep only one account?

The second question would be: Why does he need to have multiple accounts and play on multiple accounts?

When Kabam is concerned about answering these questions, she will actually work to improve the game and not just bother punishing those who use more than one account.

The answer to the two questions is unique.

Because the game does not allow the development of a player in the short and medium term, the awards system is wrong and unfair for years and creates distortions between players.

The player who starts playing today and soon has his team of 5 heroes competitive enough for the events, even if:
    - Play more hours a day than others who already have many heroes;
    - Even though it is more efficient than the others that already have many heroes;
    - Even if you get more elusive, apply more punches, win fights faster in an event than others that already have many heroes;
    In the end you will receive a much lower reward.

This discourages many players, even if the person does it for months, it will continue to be inferior because the game does not reward justly for performance, rewards for moral or antiquity, is wrong.

What happens, players with good accounts begin to leave the game, other people who started and who played several weeks and months and can not evolve to be competitive even having a fantastic daily performance, go and buy the account better.

There alliances, alliance leaders, players who like the game but want to grow, end up doing what they can not, but because the game is poorly structured in the awards and does not allow the rapid development.

Not recognizing this is close your eyes to the main problem of the game.

As long as the game rewards on account rather than performance, the problem will not end.

It's time for developers to face the problem head-on.
  • InyayInyay Posts: 2
    Dear Miike,

I have been playing this game for more than 2 years now and I have created 2 accounts which I worked hard and even spent money just to make it stronger. And now I only have 1 phone device and I just intermediately log in my accounts. So how can you say Im sharing it when in fact Im the same owner of both? Do you mean to say I must spend and buy another phone or device just to play it separately? You must be kiddin me.I have been playin legally and never used a 3rd party software or whatsoever so having 2 accounta being played on a single device by THE SAME PERSON should not be included on this threat.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    I disagree. I've never had to give my Account Information to anyone to move me, and I have a life. It's not acceptable, and that fluidity is exactly the reason people are so shocked when it's addressed. It's always against TOS. If you aren't available, you can't move. Sometimes people have to accept facts rather than look for ways to justify bending the rules. It's not fair to people who are playing by the rules. You have more than one person running Accounts, doing double-time, when there is a natural occurrence that is meant to happen when people aren't around. Moving on the Map is not an excuse. The game will still be there when you get back. If the Ally can't understand that, then they care more about Rewards than Players. That's my view.

Yes, we disagree. and it is okay to disagree. :) In fact, more of us have to learn how to disagree gracefully. Nothing is ever completely fair in life, that's just the way it is. Is it fair for one person to be born into a rich family and another into a poor family? Tough luck for the kid in the poor family. But if the rich kid can help the poor kid, that's really nice. Even if he helps ONE poor kid. I don't see it as being unfair to all the other poor kids. We should all help each other and enjoy playing together, and not be jealous if someone receives some much needed help. We should be mad at abusers, and we should band together against them, but otherwise I don't see why it should be contentious. I do not expect life to be fair. It cannot be completely fair because different people have different circumstances, many outside of their control. I don't believe in black and white, as I said. If only life was fair, that would be nice.

I also believe that rules are, or should be, based on certain principles and intents. We should look at the spirit of why rules are created, not just follow them blindly to the letter. If you wanted to be completely fair, then spenders should not get an advantage in the game, but clearly you can spend money to buy an advantage/ resources not available for free to players. Not that I have anything against that, game developers need to pay rent too. I believe this rule in the game is created to prevent abuse, and by that I mean real unfair stuff like stealing all the AW season rewards by extreme piloting. I don't believe it was created to crucify everyone that stuck their toe out because they didn't want to inconvenience their ally. It is abuse that makes things truly "unfair", and ruins enjoyment.

We each have our own views, and while they differ, thanks for sharing/ discussion. :)
  • Philly3974Philly3974 Posts: 360
    that's not account sharing!! its when you log into OTHER peoples accounts to play...if you own those accounts you're fine..
  • SchabeSchabe Posts: 3
    edited April 2018
    @Kabam Miike Do you make your play-testers quit their alliances when they, say, take a family vacation or work trip where they will be away from their phone for long periods?

How about account sharing that is purely to prevent people from having to quit, wait through the rewards barriers, and hope they can get back into their alliances - not to mention force alliances to bring in newbies just for coverage - when they might actually have no means to play?
    Philly3974, that is actually a broad information that needs a more detailed description of "account sharing". lets say my brother who also have another account and God forbids, he broke his iPx and requested if he can use my phone to log in his account so he can play, will that be "account sharing"?
  • AlxmorseAlxmorse Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    I have just been issued a warning, yet did not share my account. I switched to my iPad which has the game. I have 3 Ipads and one phone I switch between depending on whether I'm at home or work...

oqjvye2qtb5m.jpg
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Alxmorse wrote: »
    I have just been issued a warning, yet did not share my account. I switched to my iPad which has the game. I have 3 Ipads and one phone I switch between depending on whether I'm at home or work...

oqjvye2qtb5m.jpg

Everyone got that message ...
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

oqjvye2qtb5m.jpg

@Alxmorse That's not a warning, that's an announcement sent to all MCOC players
    Inyay wrote: »
    Philly3974, that is actually a broad information that needs a more detailed description of "account sharing". lets say my brother who also have another account and God forbids, he broke his iPx and requested if he can use my phone to log in his account so he can play, will that be "account sharing"?

yes, he can use your phone to log into HIS account to play, now if he forgets to log out and you start playing HIS account that is against ToS, or if he uses your device and plays YOUR account that is against ToS....that has been stated in numerous threads by @Kabam Miike and other mods...
    Thats another good example. How the heck that would be account sharing when you broke your device, then you borrowed your brother or you dad's phone, downloaded MCoC app and logged in there?? guys dont you think its pretty in appropriate for Kabam to say "hey Alxmore, you arr sharing your account. you are hereby banned!"???
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    They have said more then a few times that this is a completely fine senario. Unless your account if found logging in one minute in America and the next minute in China, your completely fine. (This is obviously an exaggeration, but still how it works). As long as your IP address on login has you in the same location your not a target. The problem arises when they see people clearly account sharing with others when different IP addresses are all trying to access the same account.

In other words, you can feel free to pilot as long as it’s with someone you live near, kabam can’t determine who is logging on, only where it is being logged on from. (Not saying you should implement this tactic, don’t shake your account with others.... just saying you can technically do it without getting caught)
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    Just wanted to say thank you. Piloting was very demoralizing bc it made non cheaters miss out on the good rewards. I can’t wait to see the leaderboard and alliance shuffle haha. Going to to enjoy this!!
    edited April 2018

oqjvye2qtb5m.jpg

I got the same email...that is a general message that was sent to everyone in game, its a warning so when they do hand out temp bans or permabans no one can say "i didn't know" or "I was never warned"
  • Davyb18Davyb18 Posts: 30
    I don't think we should be lectured on cheating till kabam stop cheating us with their constant bugs connectivity issues lag so on and so forth
  • With regards to thw new policy to be implemented about account sharing and piloting.

Will i break this rules if I logged in my account on 2 different devices?

I Asked because i usually play my only account in ipad when im at home but when i on the road i usually access it thru my mobile which is an andriod phone.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    The amount of content in the game doesn't justify cheating. The rules are clear. Account Sharing is against the rules.

let's give an example ... Let's suggest that you are a leader / officer of an alliance a friend of yours who plays it suffers an accident. He is one of the best players there and will not play for a while. Will you do what? Are you going to kick him out? Or will you help him pilot his account in the AQs / AWs? If you have friends in your alliance you will surely want to help him. The game sometimes forces you to be individualistic but I think if we are in an alliance between friends, who is a real friend helps.

If he really is my friend, I wouldn't kick him. I would accept that we would maybe complete 1 bg less in AQ. And maybe lose a war or two in a row. Even if he were to stay logged of for a few weeks.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    What actions will follow to alliances who already account/pilot share accounts?

Most of them are in Masters/Plat1 and ARE "already" heaps and if not very close to 2nd 5* R5 in a matter of time.

With Season 2 already coming how fair will it be when people will be attacking and or have defenders with 2 R5 5* potential in there current account heading into the new season?
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Don't panic people, if you have multiple personal accounts and multiple personal devices, you should be safe. Kabam knows how to recognize abuse... so unless you are logging many different accounts in the same ally to play the same war, you are not piloting, you are simply a person that has too many devices... hahaha.
    No you’re fine and there’s already a thread for account sharing
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/64943/account-sharing-merged-threads#latest
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I'm fine with Kabam cracking down on piloting. I'd never want someone to play for me in war and I don't want the best person in every alliance playing half the players. But at the same time, I'd like to see changes so people can have some semblance of lives during AQ.

Alliance War is set up so we can take long chunks of time off. But AQ is more involved and given how many people need to hit certain nodes in a timely manner to finish on time, if a few people want to go out and not look at their phones on a Friday or Saturday night, the alliance suddenly falls way behind.

Yes you can say the answer is "Play easier maps" but for many alliances, this is an only an issues when people want to have a life. on the weekends. This is something that can be helped with shorter times. 45 minutes instead of an hour.

The other thing that would be helpful is to remove the reward waiting period for people joining an alliance - or at least for people who want to re-join an alliance they recently left. If I want to go away for a week for vacation, I have two options: Look at my phone all the time to get through AQ or leave my alliance. But then to re-join after vacation, I'm subject to the waiting period before I can be eligible for the rewards despite this being my home alliance.

If I could rejoin as if I never left, then I'd probably just leave my alliance for a week, have them find someone to fill in, and join afterwards. [If waiting period restrictions were minimized, I can imagine people in semi-retirement alliances could turn into substitute alliances for cases like this.]

This is longer than I wanted. Long story short - fine with cracking down on piloting, but I'd like to see changes to help people have more of a life during AQ. Not that I expect them. I would bet most games depend on players needing to sign on all of the time for fear of people realizing they don't need to play it all the time when they have more breaks.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    "Many of you have "reported" this tactic to us and expressed concern that this creates an "unfair" playing field in allaince wars. Starting "now", we will be monitoring alliance wars closely for egregious example of this behavior.

how can you just now do this? Why arent you trying to eliminate the people who already pilot there way to the top to get unfair advantage in season 1 and are heading with those rewards INTO the new season?
  • Rperez1027Rperez1027 Posts: 2
    I have multiple (4)accounts and play it on 2 devices I have never share my accounts with anyone only I play them and I believe a lot of people do this I don’t believe it’s wrong has long it’s your accounts
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Ha looks like noob is trying to thin the competition above him...i know from experience you don't want to fight multiple 5/65 medusas in war.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Empty threats/promises. I’ll believe it when I start seeing actual bans or punishments. I really hope it happens but I’m not holding my breath.