**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

INFINITY DUNGEON MILESTONES [Merged Threads]

Comments

• VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    @YoodenVranks_1 someone give this man a metal. This post is so clearly how many of us feel regarding the resent events. We all WANT to earn our keep, but we are being told we arn’t good enough due to an arbitrary number that is largely based on pull luck. We arn’t asking for free stuff, we are asking to be included! We want to go the extra mile and get that 7.5k a day because we can, and deserve the right. He makes perfect sense when comparing the two faced nature of this situation. The event supports a large and diverse roster of champs to use, but it’s milestones are based on only a small portion of your roster. Which is it you want kabam! If anything this event should have been based off hero rating as that is a far better determining factor of someone likelihood to have the champs required to reach 7.5k.

I wish you could use Gif’s in here because I would give you an Applause gif.

• BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    Barogs wrote: »
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    @Barogs yeah man you're just trying to counter argue and that's fine. but you're not more entitled or better than anyone else in here. the point is there are people who haven't put much effort in the game at all but have a ridiculously high prestige, who are unskilled, yet all they are is lucky. There's a lot of these people out there, and they will benefit more from this than most of us in the game. this is going to show that there are numerous people, abundantly, who are unlucky, with no champs at 4/55, who are very skilled, completed all the content, and will get nothing from this event.

I get what you are saying, and there was a point in my MCOC "career" (I guess that's what we can call it? lol) where I had garbage champs and didn't qualify for a higher alliance but that didn't stop me from grinding to get better. I even ranked up an unduped to 4/55 (which I have yet to dupe) just to raise my prestige and get into a better ally. The whole point of the game is you are going to be hindered by something and how you overcome that hindrance is what will make you a "higher tier player". The grind is real, make no mistake. And I wouldn't say entitled, but definitely would say "more deserving" of the higher milestone than others. Luck also plays a HUGE role in this game as well I can admit that. And I already conceded that transparency was lacking with what the prestige cutoff would be so others could try and get in a good rankup to hit that prestige cutoff. But other than that disclosure, I stand by my opinion firmly

I doubt anyone cares whether you had to make difficult rank up choices cuz we all are either going through that or we've been through that.
    The main point is dungeon milestones should not be based on prestige. Crystals are based on prestige and that's fine cuz its understandable but milestones? Which you have to actually play hard for...skill actually doesn't and should not factor into milestones.
    Imagine if arena milestones (in this case, I'll use the old arena where basic and featured heroes were coupled together) had extra milestones for top players based on prestige (which awards the same amount of units, shards etc as other milestones tho) and you aren't qualified. Would you be happy? Knowing fully well that you're perfectly capable of putting in time and getting those milestones

There are different arenas for lower level players. That's why those cutoffs are so much lower for the newer players to get the new champs whereas the veteran arena has much higher cutoffs for the champs. You can make a good argument though for the milestones and not the crystal. I think that's a fair point to make.
    And just to add to your initial wording, making tough rankup choices is part of the game. "Waiting for the right champ to rank up" is only a valid excuse for a few months. At some point, you just have to make that decision and do it. How long you wanna wait is up to you, but you can't be upset when you're left in the dust when you wait too long

Regarding arena, your right! This is a perfect example of how to do brackets the right way. There are different arenas for different players, but the key difference is ALL arenas are available to a new player, and it is the players goal to work toward betttwr and better arenas. If a new player wants to try his luck in the 4* arena he can, and if he really is good enough and dedicated enough he can do it. Sure his roster isn’t as big so he will need to wait allot more for refresh timers but at least he can try. Meanwhile with this event many people have rosters more then big enough for 7.5k and are locked out

No, you are misstating the arena breakdown. New payers have access to what is called "Beginner arenas" which are different from the "veteran arena". Completely different arenas with completely different cutoffs for the champs and milestones. Once you hit a certain profile rating (no clue what that number is), then those beginner brackets disappear and you have access to the "veteran arenas". That is how Kabam separates new players from old players
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Actually arena brackets is based off time played - and closely resembles below

0-30 days Beginner Bracket
    31-60 days intermediate Bracket
    61+ days veterans bracket.

It may be calendar months also.
  • BK_AVENGERBK_AVENGER Posts: 59
    Just more BS from kabam. There is no logical explanation for me and others like me to be blocked from getting the full rewards of we earn them. So I guess it's time to block kabam from recieving my money.

jabr0w8lh0wn.jpg
  • HawkeHawke Posts: 46
    @barogs are you new to the game? It seems you don't have any idea how arena progression works. It is based 100% on how long your account has existed. Beginner brackets are for the 1st 30 days, Intermediate bracket starts day 31 until day 60 and then Veteran bracket is 60+ days. This isn't an arena thread post, but I just wanted to point out that your correlative argument isn't sound.
    @Hawke @mum_m2 you guys are correct, that is my bad on arena. Truth be told, my account is so old I don't remember how they work haha. Thanks for correcting me. My point in this thread still stands though. If you wanna read what I wrote go back to it I don't wanna cut and paste it again lol
  • MigginslyMigginsly Posts: 50
    Parthyzan wrote: »
    I'm wondering when will get answer for this? Or will we even get an answer?

We won't. Apparently having a 5 star awakening gem unbalances the game for everyone, but don't worry they will make it up to us by selling us a 5 star awakening gem for $100.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    you made yourself very clear as I did @Barogs every has their own opinion.

Except Kabam who's been absolutely quiet about this issue.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    @Barogs yeah man you're just trying to counter argue and that's fine. but you're not more entitled or better than anyone else in here. the point is there are people who haven't put much effort in the game at all but have a ridiculously high prestige, who are unskilled, yet all they are is lucky. There's a lot of these people out there, and they will benefit more from this than most of us in the game. this is going to show that there are numerous people, abundantly, who are unlucky, with no champs at 4/55, who are very skilled, completed all the content, and will get nothing from this event.

I get what you are saying, and there was a point in my MCOC "career" (I guess that's what we can call it? lol) where I had garbage champs and didn't qualify for a higher alliance but that didn't stop me from grinding to get better. I even ranked up an unduped to 4/55 (which I have yet to dupe) just to raise my prestige and get into a better ally. The whole point of the game is you are going to be hindered by something and how you overcome that hindrance is what will make you a "higher tier player". The grind is real, make no mistake. And I wouldn't say entitled, but definitely would say "more deserving" of the higher milestone than others. Luck also plays a HUGE role in this game as well I can admit that. And I already conceded that transparency was lacking with what the prestige cutoff would be so others could try and get in a good rankup to hit that prestige cutoff. But other than that disclosure, I stand by my opinion firmly

I doubt anyone cares whether you had to make difficult rank up choices cuz we all are either going through that or we've been through that.
    The main point is dungeon milestones should not be based on prestige. Crystals are based on prestige and that's fine cuz its understandable but milestones? Which you have to actually play hard for...skill actually doesn't and should not factor into milestones.
    Imagine if arena milestones (in this case, I'll use the old arena where basic and featured heroes were coupled together) had extra milestones for top players based on prestige (which awards the same amount of units, shards etc as other milestones tho) and you aren't qualified. Would you be happy? Knowing fully well that you're perfectly capable of putting in time and getting those milestones

There are different arenas for lower level players. That's why those cutoffs are so much lower for the newer players to get the new champs whereas the veteran arena has much higher cutoffs for the champs. You can make a good argument though for the milestones and not the crystal. I think that's a fair point to make.
    And just to add to your initial wording, making tough rankup choices is part of the game. "Waiting for the right champ to rank up" is only a valid excuse for a few months. At some point, you just have to make that decision and do it. How long you wanna wait is up to you, but you can't be upset when you're left in the dust when you wait too long

Regarding arena, your right! This is a perfect example of how to do brackets the right way. There are different arenas for different players, but the key difference is ALL arenas are available to a new player, and it is the players goal to work toward betttwr and better arenas. If a new player wants to try his luck in the 4* arena he can, and if he really is good enough and dedicated enough he can do it. Sure his roster isn’t as big so he will need to wait allot more for refresh timers but at least he can try. Meanwhile with this event many people have rosters more then big enough for 7.5k and are locked out

No, you are misstating the arena breakdown. New payers have access to what is called "Beginner arenas" which are different from the "veteran arena". Completely different arenas with completely different cutoffs for the champs and milestones. Once you hit a certain profile rating (no clue what that number is), then those beginner brackets disappear and you have access to the "veteran arenas". That is how Kabam separates new players from old players

While I am aware of this, it wasn’t the example I was focusing on. I was primarily placing the assumption that we are all on the same playing field (as we are in this event). If you want to talk about the actual new player bracketing system I can work with that as well. New players in this case are given the ADVANTAGE with lower cutoffs for the same rewards, and are encouraged to participate. Meanwhile this event says new payers arn’t good enough (even players that have been playing for years) and gimps them on rewards.
    you made yourself very clear as I did @Barogs every has their own opinion.

Except Kabam who's been absolutely quiet about this issue.

100% agree. Kabam really needs to say something and for what it's worth, they should allow the new prestige numbers to increase the milestones if people can reach that prestige during the dungeon month. Otherwise, it's really unfair to lock them out for 30+ days over something like that

While I am aware of this, it wasn’t the example I was focusing on. I was primarily placing the assumption that we are all on the same playing field (as we are in this event). If you want to talk about the actual new player bracketing system I can work with that as well. New players in this case are given the ADVANTAGE with lower cutoffs for the same rewards, and are encouraged to participate. Meanwhile this event says new payers arn’t good enough (even players that have been playing for years) and gimps them on rewards.

I would invite you to read my initial post about my perspective on this because I do not wanna copy and paste my opinion again to clutter the thread
  • BK_AVENGERBK_AVENGER Posts: 59
    Bottom line is kabam is punishing long time players that ranked up the older 5* champs that have ridiculously low prestige.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    @Barogs I think you're missing the context or diverting it.
    We are talking about milestones And not the rank rewards. We all know beginners and veterans have different rank rewards cutoff. My example lacks detail so its probably my fault.
    My context is based on only veteran accounts.
    Imagine if a 4k+ prestige player didn't have access to those arena milestones whereas 5k+ prestige players have access.
    Imagine how that player feels when he knows he can donate time to hitting those milestone rewards.
    Again milestones should have nothing to do with skill/prestige but on how much time is spent grinding. For developed accounts its faster. For under developed accounts its slower. So when you say because you have a higher prestige/you've been playing longer, you deserve the milestone threshold and another person doesn't, its quite disgusting
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This is why I will never trust Kabam.
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    ns8narwgkctk.jpeg
    I guess you wouldn’t want my account getting “too powerful”. The last champ rounding out my top 5 is 4* 5/50 Voodoo sig 99.

I love the dungeons, but this milestone restriction is a joke. I WANT to grind. I’m not asking for compensation or handouts. Just let me grind all milestones!
    @Barogs I think you're missing the context or diverting it.
    We are talking about milestones And not the rank rewards. We all know beginners and veterans have different rank rewards cutoff. My example lacks detail so its probably my fault.
    My context is based on only veteran accounts.
    Imagine if a 4k+ prestige player didn't have access to those arena milestones whereas 5k+ prestige players have access.
    Imagine how that player feels when he knows he can donate time to hitting those milestone rewards.
    Again milestones should have nothing to do with skill/prestige but on how much time is spent grinding. For developed accounts its faster. For under developed accounts its slower. So when you say because you have a higher prestige/you've been playing longer, you deserve the milestone threshold and another person doesn't, its quite disgusting

Yea I already conceded you could make an argument for the milestones. I'm not 100% percent convinced though. But I will say that Kabam should allow current players that are below the prestige threshold to have the opportunity to rankup champs to get over the prestige cutoff. It's unfair to lock them out the whole month. But Kabam is typically not transparent so I wouldn't be surprised if they leave everything as is and just say "sucks to suck" in sum.
  • King_JayKing_Jay Posts: 12
    Same here. I was 5000 bracket with 5467 prestige. Got up to 5504 and now I have 7500 for my milestones. Looks like you can move up
  • OneslydoggOneslydogg Posts: 35
    King_Jay wrote: »
    Same here. I was 5000 bracket with 5467 prestige. Got up to 5504 and now I have 7500 for my milestones. Looks like you can move up

Same. Went from 5461 to 5505. Now I’m in expert bracket.
  • TomerPTomerP Posts: 94
    Please stop using that dysfunctioning prestige system to separate players. Both in the dungeons and both in the AW seasons! This is an unfair conduct!
  • FugnastyFugnasty Posts: 115
    Im 5395 prestige and have over 7000 points because Im helping others reach milestones. Would be cake to get 7500. Is this supposed to be a protection or a punishment?
  • blindside493blindside493 Posts: 51
    It's ridiculous there wasn't any forewarning on the prestige brackets. So instead of r3 magik last week (because she is awesome), I should have r3 mordo instead and pumped sig stones into him. Great transparency Kabam, as if you knew this wasn't going to be the case for weeks now. You certainly knew what the bracket cutoffs would be.
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    Oneslydogg wrote: »
    King_Jay wrote: »

Same. Went from 5461 to 5505. Now I’m in expert bracket.

That's good I guess. I'm at 5041 right now and not really possible for me to jump up ~500 points easily.
  • SWGOH_MosDefSWGOH_MosDef Posts: 145
    For anyone looking to move up... keep in mind that TODAY was the last day that moving into the 7500 milestone bracket will give you enough dark artifacts to buy 3 instead of 2 five star crystals (did the math)...
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all!

To clarify one aspect of the bracket issue, if during the course of this event you increase your personal prestige enough to be moved into a higher bracket, you will be eligible for the Milestones in that bracket. This will not happen immediately, however. The new Milestones will take effect the following day when the Dungeon Event starts.
  • blindside493blindside493 Posts: 51
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all!

To clarify one aspect of the bracket issue, if during the course of this event you increase your personal prestige enough to be moved into a higher bracket, you will be eligible for the Milestones in that bracket. This will not happen immediately, however. The new Milestones will take effect the following day when the Dungeon Event starts.

thanks...we kind already figured that out though. Why weren't these bracket numbers distributed before the event? You knew these. Resources would've been spent differently the past few weeks. But you still operate in the shadow.