**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Crazy idea: What about having Adaptoids and Symbioids as an available character?

CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
edited June 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Alright, I know I sound insane, but hear me out. This just might work.

Acquiring these champs:
At level 5, 15, 25, 35, 45, and 55, you would get an Adaptoid. The first would be Skill, then Science, then rotating all the way back to Mutant. You could pick that champ's SP move and then one Passive ability from that Adaptoid's class abilities that are used in quests. This would be the same for Symbioids, but would be on levels 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60.

Ranking them up:
When you get the champ they would be a 1*. You would go through all the ranking and leveling, then you would be able to upgrade their tier to a 2* for 5 Tier 1 Basic Catalysts and 5 Tier 1 Class Catalysts of whatever their class is. Once you max them out as a 2*, they would be able to become a 3* for 5 Tier 2 Basic Catalysts and 5 Tier 2 Class Catalysts. This would go on and on until they were a 5 star. The tier of the catalyst would increase by 1 for every star upgrade. This would make it insanely hard to make them a 5*, so new players wouldn't be able to pick up a 5* quickly. These Adaptoids and Symbioids would progress in ranking as you do. Due to the expense of ranking them up to the next tier, they wouldn't be many people's top champ unless they just did nothing to anyone else. They would be a fun background champ to use for quests and arenas. Plus, Adaptoids and Symbioids don't have SP3 moves, so they wouldn't be too reliable.

Overall, these champs would just be a fun new concept. They wouldn't be very good, but would be consistently decent since they get better as you do. Let me know what you think in the comments! Thanks for reading!
-CrusherOfDreams

Comments

• Thebgj01Thebgj01 Posts: 269
    I think a handful of players received one for something a loooooooong time ago. I don't remember why or an exact date
  • What if you get one adaptoid but it changes it's class depending on the catalyst quest available. For example, when the science catalyst quest is active, the adaptoid changes to science.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Thebgj01 wrote: »
    I think a handful of players received one for something a loooooooong time ago. I don't remember why or an exact date

Huh, never heard of that. Do you think it would be a good idea for everyone, though?
    What if you get one adaptoid but it changes it's class depending on the catalyst quest available. For example, when the science catalyst quest is active, the adaptoid changes to science.

But SP moves are different for each class. Maybe you could create one of each class as I said, but only a certain class is available per day. Would that work?
    Anyone else have suggestions?
    Come on, there's got to be some people out there who love or hate this idea. Don't be shy, let me know what you think.
  • I think it would be a great idea to have playable adaptoids
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Good idea, you can use them in alliance base or something

And why did you get flagged for no reason?? :o
    Gunzo wrote: »
    Good idea, you can use them in alliance base or something

And why did you get flagged for no reason?? :o

You answered your own question: for no reason. A few jerks got mad at me in some thread and now they just follow me and flag everything I say. And the worst part is I can't even ask them to stop since I can't see who they are since Kabam so kindly removed that. The anonymous responses honestly just encourage this **** since now they can't be held accountable by their peers. The mods have said themselves that they don't usually even look into comments that are only flagged once or twice. So they just get to make my profile look bad for fun. It gets old but, whatever. But back to the main point, lemme know if you have any further ideas for it. I love the feedback.
  • ManonFierManonFier Posts: 9
    I just don't like the idea. Simple feedback, but I think that takes away the special thing about fighting with comic book heroes. I would rather have a comic book hero that switches between classes for certain fights and adapts, a hero that could easily fit in two categories that you could use on a quest to your advantage against two other classes
    ManonFier wrote: »
    I just don't like the idea. Simple feedback, but I think that takes away the special thing about fighting with comic book heroes. I would rather have a comic book hero that switches between classes for certain fights and adapts, a hero that could easily fit in two categories that you could use on a quest to your advantage against two other classes

I'm not gonna try to persuade you on this one. This idea is pretty far out there. There's bound to be mixed opinions. Thanks for the feedback though.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited June 2017
    I like the idea to have playable adaptoids, symbioids, deadpoloids, ultronoids and gwenoids (oops, spoiler?).

But I'm not sure about the upgrading star system.

Nobody should worry, those X-oids would be just a easter egg for fun, they'll not unbalance anything, remember they have no 3rd special attack neither SIG abilities.
  • TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    A smaller version of that Summoner Avatar idea from a while ago. Neat.

I like it, but it could be improved a little. You could just get one Golden Adaptoid with a "Universal" (Maestro's and Collector's class) at around 15, that would be turned into a Golden Symbioid at 30, which would be Awakened at 60.

The level-up system though... lower the class catalysts amount to 3 (tier 1 only holds 4 anyway), and each tier has a number of levels equivalent to the number of stars (1*->10 levels; 2*->20 levels;...;5*-from 40 to 65, and it would cost 5 t4cc instead of 3). He'd gain an ability from a pool of tier-specific abilities at each new tier, which could be replaced with a small-to-medium gold fee. His Awakened Ability would only have 3 parts, first gained at 1*, second at 3* and the final one at 5* tier; these could be replaced with a small unit fee. All of these would abilities be unique to their respective tier, with the later tiers being stronger, of course.

Turning the Adaptoid into a Symbioid would grant extra stats and two more options to all Ability pools. If you wanted, you should be able to switch appearance. You could choose your animations from a pool, and they'd have a fixed Sp3 animation.

Here's my take on improvements. Keeping in mind it would take t4 basic cats to get to 4* tier, and t5 basic cats to get to 5* (and I'd imagine Alphas somewhere too), this guy wouldn't be too easy to level up for new players, everyone would have him, and his 5* abilities better be godly for the price is all I've got to say.
  • I like the idea. This could make alot of fun
  • tronixtontronixton Posts: 7
    id say that instead of a variety of symbioids it evolves with you. you get one and its star rating is your highest star rating and its class is your most common class. and you can level it up like any other champ
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Make a "neutral" class!
    Using the Gold adaption colors you could choose any type of generic soldier (and change it at any time)

Adaptoid
    Symbiod
    Deadpooloid
    Ultron drone
    (Future event skins)

Immunity to poisons of the battlerealm
    Lack of blood means it cannot bleed
    Armor up when hit
    Fury when attacking
    Both stack relatively easy and are passives

SIGNATURE (all based on max sig) 2 nodes like NC and SpiderGwen with class relations like Shulk and Duck

Destroy mode
    In response to the enemy it can trigger class specific debuffs designed to target that classes weakness

Mystic: Power Burn (the damaging one)
    Science: Incinerate
    Skill: Bleed
    Mutant: poison
    Tech: Shock
    Cosmic: Degeneration
    These are triggered by special attacks and the amount applied correlate with special attack used each having a 80% chance and 80-90-100% damage depending on the special used

Switching to Adapt mode by dodging and holding for 2 seconds

In response to the added class stimuli it can adapt traits to better combat the class with the effectiveness or chance relating to which special is used

Mystic: Fury 75-95-115% increase
    Science: True Strike 80/90/100% proc
    Skill: Regen 15% heal 80/90/100% proc
    Mutant: Armor 50-65-80% increase
    Tech: Presision 40/60/80% increase
    Cosmic: cruelty 40/60/80% increase
  • KromestoneKromestone Posts: 81
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Make a "neutral" class!
    Using the Gold adaption colors you could choose any type of generic soldier (and change it at any time)

Adaptoid
    Symbiod
    Deadpooloid
    Ultron drone
    (Future event skins)

Armor up when hit
    Fury when attacking

SIGNATURE (all based on max sig) 2 nodes like NC and SpiderGwen with class relations like Shulk and Duck

Destroy mode
    In response to the enemy it can trigger class specific debuffs designed to target that classes weakness

These are triggered by special attacks and the amount applied correlate with special attack used each having a 80% chance and 80-90-100% damage depending on the special used

In response to the added class stimuli it can adapt traits to better combat the class with the effectiveness or chance relating to which special is used

Love your idea but let's be honest kabam aren't gonna Every think to implementing any of this...
    Kromestone wrote: »
    Make a "neutral" class!

Adaptoid
    Symbiod
    Deadpooloid
    Ultron drone
    (Future event skins)

Armor up when hit
    Fury when attacking

Destroy mode

Love your idea but let's be honest kabam aren't gonna Every think to implementing any of this...

We can hope.
    Make a "neutral" class!

Adaptoid
    Symbiod
    Deadpooloid
    Ultron drone
    (Future event skins)

Armor up when hit
    Fury when attacking

Destroy mode

We can hope.
    Make a "neutral" class!

Adaptoid
    Symbiod
    Deadpooloid
    Ultron drone
    (Future event skins)

Armor up when hit
    Fury when attacking

Destroy mode

We can hope.
    Oh gosh that posted 3 times. Sorry, the forums do that sometimes.
    I made some huge changes to this idea. I reposted it in a new thread since it's so drastically different. Lemme know what you think in this new thread!

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/7089/crazy-idea-what-about-having-a-golden-adaptoid-symbioid-and-ultron-drone-as-a-playable-character/p1?new=1
  • TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    man, im all for it, i been saying for a while that i wan't a Gold Symbioid.

but if we're gonna make it "monthly event" driven. just give me one of those rockets with spite...YIKES.

Trumpoot wrote: »
    man, im all for it, i been saying for a while that i wan't a Gold Symbioid.

but if we're gonna make it "monthly event" driven. just give me one of those rockets with spite...YIKES.

I've made several improvements to the idea. Please go comment on the new version.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/7089/crazy-idea-what-about-having-a-golden-adaptoid-symbioid-and-ultron-drone-as-a-playable-character/p1?new=1
  • Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    Well the Ultron droid is already a playable character if you think about it. The 5* Original Ultron.
    Dave2442 wrote: »
    Well the Ultron droid is already a playable character if you think about it. The 5* Original Ultron.

Eh, he's made a lot differently. And again, please post in here: