**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Account Sharing [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Acanthus wrote: »
    That's just the tip of the iceberg lol. Damage done you say? I wonder just how many accounts had their LoL, legend tags and other **** done by mercs by now. It's pretty funny that they only adressed account sharing in War

It’s hilarious to see AW opponents with legends titles lose all their champs after a few nodes in AW. $ well spent on having someone else earn that title for them.

I’m hoping that account sharing in other contexts will be addressed at some point as well. 5* arena top 150 has been hard to break into, and recently I heard that MCOC “mercenaries” sell their services to grind arena on top of legends runs and AW.

I grinded 5* arena for 24+ hours straight last Saturday/Sunday. If a 900+ arena win streak is not enough for top 150 so be it, as long as everyone who finished top 150 earned their rank by playing their accounts themselves.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Put me and my 1-3k a month invested out of my misery this wont hurt anyone but you. Summers coming id rather be drinking beer and smoking peace pipes on my boat. Your threats only hurt your buisness. These guys that dont want piloting are low level non spenders lets watch kabaam stocks fall. Ill drink one to this new rule push.

What new rule push? It's literally always been against TOS.
    Perhaps less libation and more reading.
    Money is not an excuse to break the rules.
  • Kriss_IIKriss_II Posts: 64
    We all know that account sharing is illegal according to contest of champions terms of service. What I want to ask you is , Is it illegal to play a single account in our own two devices ? . Will that lead to any actions against players ?

Kabam Pls give me an explanation
    No. You can have more than one Account on one or more devices. As long as they're your Accounts, you're fine.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Lyngate wrote: »
    I’m a British teacher working in China. My IP Address is all over the place because I need to be in contact with my family on messaging applications via VPN. I have a feeling that I’m going to be banned because it’s going to look as if I’m sharing my account.

Should I be worried?

Kind Regards

Lyngate

No kabam said using a vpn is fine, so your safe.
  • @Kabam Miike We need the specifics. I have 3 players who are siblings and they occasionally share their ipads and iphones to log in to their respective accounts. Same device different accounts, will they be penalize? You have to tell us the specifics. My alliance is full of father and son and siblings all in one. What if they use the same ipad to log in their respective accounts? How can you monitor that? If going by IP addresses, I have traveling members who are in the same navy fleet or pilots.Will they get penalize because their ip are constantly different?
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    I see a lot of “but what if”. I come from a platinum 1 alliance where we often lost wars against alliances moving one at a time, spaced 2-3 min one from the other, and giving less than 5-10 deaths, during season, while out of the season the kills would reach 30-40. I’ve witnessed piloting and alliances telling you “if you want to join you have to let our pilot move you in alliance wars, that’s how we got platinum 1”. I’ve read on external chats about people offering their piloting services, 500$/war with guaranteed 0-3 deaths in the 3 battlegroups. I’ve seen pilot vs pilot wars among two alliances, with 30 accounts moved by the same person on both sides. I’ve seen announces about 100%ing LOL for money (many different fees, depending on the amount of units one could buy). This makes no sense, it’s a shame and kills the game for the honest players. If the multilog issue will be addressed I will applaud that, and I don’t care if some people will get their second account banned, the problem is so massive and polluting so much the game that some casualties (mistaken bans) would be an acceptable price to pay, in my opinion.
  • Riza_20Riza_20 Posts: 63
    I have just one and only one doubt. Will kabam response to it ? As a committee, we players have more and more powers than anyone here.

If the guys who moves the accounts of MMXIV, ISO8 etc., in AW and comes forward and prove that he/she been moving their accounts till the present.

Will kabam as a company BAN their accounts?

Or ignore them as they are your CASHCOW ?

If you are to BAN, then Proofs are readily available.
  • Endo915Endo915 Posts: 40
    Yeah only a few people get banned.. Seatin allows his people to log in to his profile and Kabam knows about it he even made a video telling people he did but nothing happened to him. So nothing fair about it. Hypocritical banter as always.
  • Endo915Endo915 Posts: 40
    edited April 2018
    https://youtu.be/MMB412_HrqE Seatin confesses about sharing his account yet nothing happened.. Odd, 🤔
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    They drop the hammer on the alliance sharing accounts yet there response is to make AW harder every update
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    Endo915 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/MMB412_HrqE Seatin confesses about sharing his account yet nothing happened.. Odd, 🤔

Yeah, I love his video's but when I saw nothing happened for account sharing I was a bit taken a back.

he spends money and is on youtube so my alliance put on there tin foil hats and started having conversations about how this could be????
    Pretty sure he was booted from the Program, so it's not accurate that nothing happened.
  • McWolfMcWolf Posts: 18
    As you are running an alliance based game and we all have a social live, wouldn't it be better to implement a "holiday" function first before banning ppl.
    And about beeing fair, when get the promised Synergies get fixed in AW?
    Search for Modders and Cheaters, which are much worst than account shares...
    Fix your chats, which aren't working properly since the last update and many other bugs!
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    edited April 2018
    Everyone, just play the game and enjoy it. Do not abuse the game. We can argue on severity but even if exceptions are made, we are talking about REAL exceptions which do not apply to 99.99% of the time.

Rather than argue about the few small cases, can we focus on the big problem? The big problem is extreme piloting, can we agree that we should tackle that first and not argue with each other over some guy who had someone drop his defenders wile he was on a flight or whatever? Once we can eliminate heavy cheating and exploitation, then we can move on to other things. I'll even concede that the aspirational goal is to stop all account sharing.. but the immediate goal is to stop abuse and to fix big problems.

Why are we arguing about the little speck of dust and not about the giant oil slick? One thing at a time.
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Pretty sure he was booted from the Program, so it's not accurate that nothing happened.

He was thrown out of the programme for placing a champ in war who wasn't available yet (Killmonger). The account sharing was left unaddressed and unpenalized.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    No. You can have more than one Account on one or more devices. As long as they're your Accounts, you're fine.

I don't see how they are going to do it, and to be honest, based on Kabam's track record, I see a whole bunch of issues if they try to actually follow through with punishments. They have proved to be inept too many times before...

1 account on multiple devices, that's fine and easy... BUT more than 1 account, and only 1 device, that's allowed, but I see a whole bunch of people getting flack for it in the near future, as it "looks" like sharing.
  • KidKrushergaminKidKrushergamin Posts: 18
    So me and my friend talked it through, no worries, we're good now.
  • MuzzMuzz Posts: 124
    This is a complicate issue for sure. In my head I keep coming to the same conclusion. When we as players complain about losing to a piloting alliance, there are two considerations to keep in mind. 1) We're assuming the other team is "piloting" without any real proof. 2) In the end we're still complaining about being out skilled. It's not a bot, hacking, or modding... It's a pair of thumbs like yours and mine.

My team is strongly against forced piloting and we have picked up some really great players recently who left their previous team because they were being forced to enable piloting on their account. Personally, I think it's completely stupid. I play the game because it's fun, so why would I let someone else have my fun? Now, on the other side of the argument we have "real life." There must be a gray area and it should be defined @Kabam Miike . It would save everyone a lot of trouble if there was simple to follow guidelines that defined the difference between "egregious piloting" and helping out a mate who's busy changing diapers or taking an exam, or giving a presentation or any other normal real life occurrence that could cause his or her entire team to lose out on hard earned rewards unless one of his good buddies that he's been playing with for two years, who's the only other person with his log in, can hop on and help a brother out. You need to change the terms of service and go into detail about acceptable vs unacceptable behavior. It makes your legal team look dumb and players unaccountable when you contradict yourselves by saying "Absolutely no account sharing ever" in the TOS, then "We can and will punish people for breaking the rules if you do it too much (see "egregious")." Choose a side guys, but know this... If you were to truly punish players per the TOS as they are, you would punish more than 50% of the top million players (and spenders). That would be suicide for mcoc.

In closing, the one common thing your player base has always asked for is clarity. I know your hands are sometimes tied, Mike, and you're often just the messenger. Although I believe you have it in you to persuade the powers that be to continue to evolve your relationship with the players. That relationship has come incredibly far since the 12.0 Nerfpacalypse®. It's time for the TOS to catch up and present a fair and accountable approach to account sharing do's and don'ts. There's so many justifiable and valid reasons to share the fun with each other that it has become status quo'. You can't change that anymore. As a high end, big spending, well connected player I'll tell you with certainty that you will lose a lot of paying players if you can't find the right balance on this issue. Unfortunately, the trend of long time players retiring after the AW season ended hasn't stopped yet. I'm sure your numbers are telling you the same thing. At such a sensitive time as this, I think it would be very dangerous for Kabam to aggressively confront the status quo'. The next couple months are going to be interesting for sure. I'm afraid my favorite game is losing the battle against Fortnite pretty bad right now and I hope your team can come up with policies to unite the players and Kabam for the good of the game. Best of luck, man.

Your friend,
    Muzz~
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    They have said more then a few times that this is a completely fine senario. Unless your account if found logging in one minute in America and the next minute in China, your completely fine. (This is obviously an exaggeration, but still how it works). As long as your IP address on login has you in the same location your not a target. The problem arises when they see people clearly account sharing with others when different IP addresses are all trying to access the same account.

In other words, you can feel free to pilot as long as it’s with someone you live near, kabam can’t determine who is logging on, only where it is being logged on from. (Not saying you should implement this tactic, don’t shake your account with others.... just saying you can technically do it without getting caught)

This is not how this works. IP address has nothing to do with determining you are account sharing, or exonerating you from account sharing. This is a rumor amplified by ignorance and misunderstanding.

There are lots of ways to do this, and because Kabam isn't discussing the technical details I'm not going to articulate them in an in-depth manner either, but here's just one thing to make mental note of. When you write an app for Apple iOS, in order to get it approved you must follow their policies for device sharing. One of them explicitly states that if you charge for you app you must not charge twice to load the app on multiple devices owned by the same person. Apple specifically provides iOS APIs to allow an app developer to be able to tell when an app is being used on multiple devices owned by the same person to specifically satisfy this requirement.

Nobody uses IP addresses to identify device or app usage any more. That died in the mid 90s with the rise of digital cellular networks. Cellular network operators do not consistently honor geolocation for their subnets.

At some point, I wonder if it would be better to stop correcting this bit of misinformation and let the people who believe it get caught and banned. At the moment, I would prefer to warn people instead.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I log unto two accounts, mine and a friend. He is not able to be on his account right now so I do AQ, event quests and War for him. I saw the new announcement from COC about War. I am not taking advantage of War right? Doing fights with his characters because we are in the same alliance.

If you can clarify for me Mods, that would be great.

unless your pal is in the same zip code as you I'd stop doing that.

It would be no more difficult to detect this was going on if they were in the same room, than if they were on opposite sides of the planet. If location meant anything account sharers could VPN to each other's home routers and always look like they were in the same house. But this doesn't work.

Pretty sure that was for placing Killmonger in war, not for account sharing.
  • Hdj2Hdj2 Posts: 37
    How will this affect players that have more then 1 account ? If you guys are looking for excessive login and logouts won't this give a false reading and possibly get a player in trouble when they did nothing wrong ?
    If you have more than one Account, you're fine. It's allowed. As long as they're yours, you're cool.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    They can tell when an account has been logged into by each location/device/address/etc. they have said many times that having 2 or more accounts that are your own does not violate TOS.

It’s easy to track, so if they are your accounts you have nothing to worry about. But if you let others log into those or you log into another then they can spot that.
    Ok Thanks I've never seen that post so wanted to make sure . I've had an account banned before so just want to make sure it doesn't happen again. Thanks again for the input
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    As long as you don’t log in for 29 people in your alliance for AW and clear hard nodes so you guys win top rewards you’ll be ok
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    As long as you don’t log in for 29 people in your alliance for AW and clear hard nodes so you guys win top rewards you’ll be ok

What if (s)he legitimately has 29 other accounts? Lol
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    This has been asked and answered in the main thread.