**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What's with the Doctor Strange hate?!

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
I'm seriously asking! He's been getting hit since late last year! He got a blow when leadership was removed a while back and with V13 he isn't even worthy of Sorcerer Supreme! Heck he isn't worthy to take Voodoo's cape to the dry cleaners anymore! (Yeah insert rant about if characters scaled like in comics most would be useless but COME ON!)

I know I've talked smack about Hyperion being OP but DS was actually legit! Sure he had passive power but it was on par with the active power gains of the attacker! And he didn't have power gains from attacking or getting hit! His counter was Magik, Vision, Hawkeye, Voodoo, and ANYONE with a physical attack as he had -20% Physical Resistance! His block was good, he healed sometimes, and had terrible damage save L2 attack cycle! Now there are many ways I see him being decent

•8 second cycles
•Increased block and energy resist on blue
•Increased Crit damage/rate on orange
•Reduced enemy power gain and specials heal up to 50% more health based on damage (can't steal more than you by for) on Pink
• minus 15% physical resist all the time! (It used to be minus 20%)

Granted I realize the blanket physical damage is a hinderence but compared to Thor and Witch who were actually brought into line at "powerful but not too far over the line" and Widow who was dialed back into a niche role so CB and GP could shine through!

Doc Strange was reduced lower than OML (at least he can swing for damage)

Comments

• CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    DS should stack fury with hits while his fury is on. His health should be amp up like 250 per hit. GR heals 400 per hit.

Kabam we need a balanced game!
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    @Mr_Otter @Kabam Miike

Couldn't say it better byself. You left a pretty decent compromise for the devs. Granted, there was nothing wrong with him before 12.0. It wasn't SW OP. DS was all skill for the most part. You only got better the more you played around with him and got certain armor breaks on time for extra health gain. More than just that, he was fun to play with.

Kabam needed to dial him back a TOUCH. But he's just not the sorcerer supreme he was at all. Compared to his counterpart Mordo, DS is a ****.

I haven't given up on DS though. I keep blindly telling my alliance mates to hang on, there's no way Kabam would let him be this worthless for long
  • 4thYellowFlash4thYellowFlash Posts: 28
    Dr. Strange is not what he was. They stripped his powers away from him. Deal with it & move on. Nothing you say will change his code. He is not whack, but can he Solo Map5 AQ THE WAY HE DID...nope. Get over it & move on.
  • FlazinatorFlazinator Posts: 126
    They said they were going to collect data on him after the nerf and decide what to do with him from that. I'm curious as to what their data is telling them about how many use him now. Cause I very rarely ever see him in tier 1 aw or aq.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    he's a former shell of what he once was..
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Flazinator wrote: »
    They said they were going to collect data on him after the nerf and decide what to do with him from that. I'm curious as to what their data is telling them about how many use him now. Cause I very rarely ever see him in tier 1 aw or aq.

That would be a significant observation, if he was the only champion you rarely saw. If, at the highest levels of AQ and AW, you don't see him often among many other champions you don't see often, that wouldn't be a balance-worthy observation. That's irrespective of how often you saw him before, because that was the entire point of rebalancing him.

Personally I think they hit him way too hard in 12.0, and probably undershot a little in 12.0.1, but that's neither here nor there. The data they would be collecting is how he is used (or not used) across the entire playerbase, not just among the absolute top min/maxers. And given he was the second highest scoring repeat basic in the arenas a short while ago, the demand for him suggests to me he's not as reviled across the entire playerbase as he is on the forums.
  • I would bet that DS is not used nearly as often as he once was. I used to take DS and SW into Map5 and so did most of my ally - but now none of us ever take either of them into AQ. I will sometimes use SW in quests but never take DS. He was a great champ once but now he is just okay. He was never OP - however he was once top tier. There was no need to nerf him.
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited June 2017
    His armor is trash now, his fury is barely different from normal hits, and his regen was bombed. He wasn't changed to accommodate the new combat system mechanics and his armor and fury got extremely bad compared to other champs because of it, then they intentionally made his regen less than dirt. The only thing strange has going for him nowadays is his signature ability which tons and tons of champs can remove defensive ability buffs now so it even makes his counterspell undesirable when those other champs do a lot more damage and still counter the most annoying buffs.

He's just a dumpster champ now, sorry. He doesn't belong past R3 anymore.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Yea i mean cmon he is supposed to have a freaking infinity stone then why is he so weak
  • OZSMASHU_YTOZSMASHU_YT Posts: 137
    It's dangerous to defeat scammers alone.... take this ︻┳デ═— - - - - - -
  • DarkArrow07DarkArrow07 Posts: 109
    Grinder wrote: »

I'd say R4 but as a whole the statement is very sad but also very true. They need to find a happy medium between what he once was and what he is now.
  • ZappZapp Posts: 69
    Voodoo is the new Doc until they decide to nerf him for no reason. Get used to it.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Kabam will nerf voodoo, his loas should be capped at 50 and his damage reduce. He is too overpowered.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Kabam will nerf voodoo, his loas should be capped at 50 and his damage reduce. He is too overpowered.

What would capping Loas to 50 do?
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited June 2017
    Grinder wrote: »

I'd say R4 but as a whole the statement is very sad but also very true. They need to find a happy medium between what he once was and what he is now.

Nah, R4 is the point where you should typically start actually using champs to beat whatever it is you're doing, unless you're so far progressed that R4 is the minimum for your champs. But seeing as how t4b's are valuable all the way to the top, I don't see very many people being that well off. R3 is just arena fodder, and that's all Strange is now for the mass majority.

He was once a great champ, now he's a great paper weight. RIP strange. You will be missed in all of our journeys.
  • EthanbEthanb Posts: 27
    Can't believe they nerfed Doctor Strange!
  • Why is the stupid game not working
  • Why is the stupid app not working