**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dungeons; a daily chore?

With the introduction of dungeons, I had a bit of hope that the game would not be stale anymore. Now that dungeons are here, I feel like the pressure is really on me. There's just way too much to do. AQ, AW, EQ, Trials, Dungeons. Me being in a top 200 alliance, I need to do arena almost every time getting BC because we do Map 6 5 days a week. I'll highlight a few points of dungeons which I feel, screw the game mode up;

1. They are so slow to do - It takes so damn long to accumulate points via doing dungeon 5. After 1 hour of doing it, I still haven't reached the final milestone.

2. The nodes we get, are ridiculous. I'm all up for skilled fights but these ones are just moneygrabs. There's one where the defender gains power by blocking. The AI is also so passive, how am I supposed to counter that?

3. Blocks don't work, evade doesn't work. My champion is doing a light attack, instead of a medium. Specials attacks don't connect, enemy recovery time is 100x faster than anything I've ever seen.

4. 5.5k prestige requirement to see the 5* crystals and 7.5k milestone really? Not fair. Lower it. It's not fair at all.

5. Chat doesn't work at all. You guys said you would fix it, and it still doesn't work. I need to switch to LINE app all the time, to communicate. Why introduce such a thing when you know that is bugged?

I appreciate kabam for making a new mode of gameplay, but it's just so bugged right now. Take it down, take some feedback from the community, and fix it accordingly. Don't screw us up. Dungeons shouldn't be a chore. We should accumulate points faster. I don't wanna do 15 rooms just to get the last milestone, that's 3 hours of my life.

Comments

• EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Personally I think 4 weekly solo events would be better than endless daily. Would allow players to battle for rank rewards also and more flexibility to get down and grind when they had the time and not be chained down every day to keep up.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Addyos wrote: »
    I completely agree with the OP. The time required to reach all the milestones is way too much. I'm an arena grinder because I'm mainly free to play. I mainly go for milestones and the occasional basic and featured 4* champ, but dungeons are killing my arena time. With work and family commitments, I don't have the time to sit down doing dungeons, and then try to find time to grind for milestones (for precious units, gold and BC), and then find time to do alliance events, and then try to find time to do event and story quests. I was working on completing and exploring Act 5, but that will have to wait.

This new game mode is a godsend to those who don't do arena, but is a real killjoy for an arena grinder like me with limited free time during the day to dedicate towards a game.

Then don't do it. Sheesh.
  • rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    1.5hrs to hit last milestone for me....I can't spend it daily...maybe 3-4 days a week..
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Addyos wrote: »
    I completely agree with the OP. The time required to reach all the milestones is way too much. I'm an arena grinder because I'm mainly free to play. I mainly go for milestones and the occasional basic and featured 4* champ, but dungeons are killing my arena time. With work and family commitments, I don't have the time to sit down doing dungeons, and then try to find time to grind for milestones (for precious units, gold and BC), and then find time to do alliance events, and then try to find time to do event and story quests. I was working on completing and exploring Act 5, but that will have to wait.

This new game mode is a godsend to those who don't do arena, but is a real killjoy for an arena grinder like me with limited free time during the day to dedicate towards a game.

Then don't do it. Sheesh.

I agree to an extent. But if you want the 5* awakening gem, then you have to hit dungeons and all other infinity-related events hard. If you want gold (and units if you're FTP) then you have to hit arena hard. If you want glory or shards to open new champs worthy of raising your prestige, then you have to hit alliance events hard.
    I'm not usually one to complain (I love arena grinding actually), but everything is feeling too overwhelming to do in such a limited space of time.

I might actually just take a break from the game or just slow down and focus on only one aspect of it. With my real life commitments, I can't devote more time to this game than I already do.
  • ItempasItempas Posts: 57
    edited April 2018
    When Modok's Lab was released a second time after a week, I stopped caring about them. Yeah, it was just twenty four fights, mostly on auto but I just got bored of logging in simply to do them. With Dungeons, it only took two days. The risk of pairing up with someone not on your level, the time required to complete milestones and the long cooldowns have just ruined it for me. I think the game mode is an awesome on paper but not so much in practice.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Yeah it’s the first event I’m not caring about, too much time, if I don’t do arena I stop earning units and, then game is at a standstill, don’t have time for both, and I’m someone who had completed everything in the game till now (except lol) (didn’t miss one day of modoks lab) guess it’s good kabam have expanded the game so people have a choice now, but with the limited time and long time needed to hit daily milestones I’m gonna have to pass on this one, might do a couple runs a day, and this has the biggest lag spikes ive ever seen in the game, just like a full second where swipe and block won’t register as the game just pauses till it i pauses and I’m being pummelled
  • Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 166
    Dungeons is a big failure at least for me specially since mostvof my alliance mates are all in different time zones.
  • VeggettaVeggetta Posts: 42
    Dungeons is one of the recent additions to the game I've enjoyed the most. Yet I am not playing them anymore as they require to forget about everything else in the real world to play for about half an hour each run.

It's three fights in 12 minutes, including time to check the node boosts, make decisions and communicate with your playing partner using an external app as the dungeon chat is somewhat bugged. Not being able to drop the dungeon if you are not finishing it. And the time I've used writing this post, even though I did not check for proper use of English grammar.

Perhaps this mode can be upscaled to a type of mini AQ for 2-4 players to complete within 2-4 hours for all the rooms you are able to play, with no time restrictions for each room. That would probably allow people that plays on their spare time to take advantage of it.
  • TomerPTomerP Posts: 94
    They should really lower the milestones. Not only increase the points gained by doing dungeon 6, since not all players can really cope with these dungeons. Reaching the 5k milestone by doing dungeons 5 and 4 takes ages.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @1haunted_memory can you not read? My post clearly says an hour and 10 minutes. Just did dungeon 5 and cleared room 9 in 50 minutes and hit every milestone. Doesn’t take too long if you can clear all the floors needed in 1 run
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    About 1hr 10 for the milestone is way too much. The problem is you have to play without any pause and with a partner, so you (or your partner) can get a phone call or whatever and you need to stop. Then you have to start it again and using weaker champions. There should be at least an option to pause the game at the end of any room.

Also, I see many members "wasting" their time during AQ or AW and this is causing serious problem to the whole ally.