**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How useful is the dungeon chat for you?

Since the dungeon chat is buggy, I've experienced doing dungeon WITH in game chat, and WITHOUT in game chat. I've also tried using other chat apps like line or discord. And of course, I've tried playing dungeons without communicating with my dungeon mate at all.

Im curious what people think of the dungeon chat.

Note: the reason I ask this is because of nobody finds it useful anyway, Kabam might as well cut their losses and abandon it.
Note2: For the non IT folks out there, a chat system at this scale is a complex solution on its own. It'll take the months to build a proper one from scratch. They can probably integrate with an existing solution like mongooseim but that's still considerable amount of work. And even that can not solve the performance issues devices will be getting from chat messages.

How useful is the dungeon chat for you? 103 votes

5 - very useful
33%
GroundedWisdomTeriGaandMeKadduLeNoirFaineantHaji_SaabHolyDirkness41LoPrestiSlux83AxeCopFirebuffajrDanicb94ninexhelixMrbeast6000DuMonUFeeney234KossukoseSac123_Darkrider051haunted_memoryborntohulagohard123 34 votes
4 - somewhat useful
11%
DL864Dexman1349PaddieRefuegeLvernon15SgtAnime1Thecrusher_9756Cryptic_CobraPickleinmypantsChampioncriticMaldroit2Jacobmc006 12 votes
3 - neutral
6%
TonyStarkmani274Nemesis666Ryder_BuzzIgor89TheRealmKeeperEdNorton 7 votes
2 - hardly useful
15%
sfu_koraxJRock808IOSJasoNAlCapone2727KarinshihydrogohardGeneralDCGreenInVader18ElitehunterTropical_ChrisXFA_Rebootedjlc80203Loken4000Nickname207TheKiryulyons_schiller 16 votes
1 - useless
33%
Etaki_LirakoiNEONevvBRiegelSolswerdEvilEmpireRawInstinctBadroseThe_OneShynight00I_ZERO_ISomeoneElseThatsausagedangerbluPolderpommieheruheru511kmbell81IdontinksoLilJohPferder 34 votes

Comments

• Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    2 - hardly useful
    For me, it's hardly useful. The only comms that i need with my dungeon partner is deciding who goes left or who goes right. After that, our best guess on what node to take out works out most of the time. Even who to take out the boss is not an issue. The one with the lowest health takes it. Or if you think you're partner's dungeon is hanging (which happens more often than not), you just finish off the boss.

IMHO, Kabam's resources can be put to better use by rolling back their chat changes and fixing other bugs, instead of putting a duct tape over the problem and calling it a solution
  • Outsider75Outsider75 Posts: 61
    1 - useless
    It would be great if it could be trusted to work 100% of the time
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    1 - useless
    It doesn’t even work lol
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    5 - very useful
    It's very useful and it works.

I know many people dont know this yet but if you click on the chat bar (after starting a dungeon) , type/send a message and then come back to the dungeon , it starts working perfectly.

Out of 10 or more dungeons I have run, only once I had real issues with the chat.
  • TheRealmKeeperTheRealmKeeper Posts: 213
    3 - neutral
    When it actually works it’s extremely useful. Most of the time it doesn’t though so extremely annoying then.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    1 - useless
    Useless, it doesn't work
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    2 - hardly useful
    I sit back and let the other player take the lead.. Once they move I go the opposite way..
    As for nodes I trust they'll make the right decision (it's only gone bad for me once).. I look at who their up against and make a decision based on that..
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    1 - useless
    I’ve never had it work.
  • PferderPferder Posts: 11
    1 - useless
    When it works it's quite useful, but unfortunately most of the time it does not work
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    When it works it's great, problem is it hardly ever works. Would be good if there was an option saying "you fight the boss"
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    5 - very useful
    It's very useful when it works. Just to be able to say what node to get cleared and who takes boss is pretty much all you need.
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    When it works it's great, problem is it hardly ever works. Would be good if there was an option saying "you fight the boss"

There is lol, scroll down
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    4 - somewhat useful
    When it works, it’s great, it has pretty much everything you’d want to say, but the problem is it doesn’t alwaus work
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    4 - somewhat useful
    everyone I know has no problem with the bugs anymore. Been working like a charm fora few days now... only prob is i'm so used to closing the app to chat what node to take down I often do so without thinking due to muscle memory.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    4 - somewhat useful
    It's useful on 2 conditions
    1) the chat actually works
    2) your ally, after defeating their opponent, actually waits for the partner's message
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    1 - useless
    I have yet to have dungeon chat work for me. If they fix it, I will be very happy. For now, I just flip between the game and the Line app. But about 10% of the people I have run dungeons with are not able to switch between the 2 apps without issues (I am able to without issues) The shame of that is until in-game dungeon chat is fixed...I do not really run dungeons with that 10%...as communication is crucial for the dungeons.
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    2 - hardly useful
    When it works its really useful, but most of the time it doesnt or too slow to load message.

So I have to say something like "I cant see your chat or even my own so let me do the plan so that way..."
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    In my experience it was buggy initial 2 to 3 days but now it works everytime I play dungeon. And it is really helpful. Has almost everything that you would need.
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    Hipoteticaly VERY USEFUL, but it is USELESS CAUSE IT DOESNT FKN WORK
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    1 - useless
    Totally useless. We all have our own chat; telegram, line or whatever you are using, is faster then in game chat.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    5 - very useful
    It was broken at first but seems to be working well now.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    5 - very useful
    In general, it's essential. Otherwise there's no communication besides Messages, and it's time-consuming to flip back and forth. I don't really consider the problems people are having as part of its usefulness.
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    2 - hardly useful
    It is constantly broken. When working it's very useful
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    5 - very useful
    Works well at the time I farm dungeons