**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Board of Player Consultants

Maybe this already exists and I just don't know about it. Maybe it doesn't. I know there are tons of ways in which kabam receives feedback... but many of those ways turn into gibberish, unfounded complaints, or tunnel vision as far as the feedback relating to one person's experience. It's got to be very difficult sorting thru those to find useful information to go on.

But a group of players who are uniformly interested in the longevity, balance, fun, and playability of the game could help cut thru the mountains of nonsense and help a good deal with some minor details at the very least. These should be experienced players who have played/are familiar with all game content, but who don't look at things only from the view of an end game player.

(I think) I remember a beta program a year or so ago. Not the recent one for character changes, but a different one. Maybe that (if it existed) beta program worked similarly to how I'm describing. The idea wouldn't be grand changes to the game... But small tips where applicable. "hey aq is due for a refresh but maybe be prepared for player backlash if you do it this way" or "maybe the dungeon prestige cutoff is a little off. Would it be possible to rework it this way?" or "wow these dungeon nodes are great, could you implement a leader board for the summoner teams who have made it the furthest in each dungeon?" or "what about unique items hidden in the dungeon that would be found after defeating a certain map # with no health lost?".

No matter how much you look at something, fresh eyes help... Especially when that something is your own creation. Sometimes a different perspective is good. It doesn't always provide the answer, but can be the catalyst that shakes the answer loose.

I also feel like it'd be a nice show of kabam hearing out the players. That's been a constant complaint for many over the past months. There are definitely things that prove kabam does listen. @mutamatt had an article on his class advantage site about it recently. But an open and continuous dialogue between kabam and the player base would be great... And I'm definitely not talking about the sort of dialogue we have on this forum lol. This would be much more about working together with a common goal of improving the player experience where possible.

Idk. Maybe it's crazy. But there are a lot of very knowledgeable players in the community that go above and beyond for the community. They don't do it because they can make a buck. They do it because it's fun, they enjoy it, and the community can benefit from it. Those are the types of people who should have a small hand in guiding the game's direction imo.

Comments

• Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Yes, many in this community do go above and beyond what is seen in many other gaming communities, but it looks like it’s starting to taper off a bit.

You aren’t seeing or hearing the same level of excitement in the vids anymore
  • Tbh, there are really only so many mcoc videos you can make. They've been repetitive for years now. And if we're relying on youtubers to carry the torch, we're screwed. Those are mostly monetized accounts for some bill money or to have LOL paths paid for haha.

Besides, those players have their feedback channel. Kabam can access their channel any time they want. But it's a one way conversation. I'd like there to be a meeting if the minds.