**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So you’re saying certain champs ARE “defender champs”

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
So anyone else remember Kabam saying that they wouldn’t give RDT’s when diversity was a thing because there’s no such thing as a defender champ?

Well it keeps getting harder to take them seriously when they have so many contradictions in statements and actions

p9mo1rukfhh0.png

Comments

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Well they've said in the past that some champs will be attackers an some will be good defenders.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I mean just read Mephisto's spotlight and bam defender champ. But really who cares?
    Why are people obsessed with rdt why not ask for Rank up tokens. Much better item
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Disclaimer: I’m not complaining I’m just spreading awareness that Kabam keeps retconning it’s own rules

Also wanted to let Kabam know that we ARE paying attention whenever they try to change the rules they’ve set

I don't see any rules being changed...
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Disclaimer: I’m not complaining I’m just spreading awareness that Kabam keeps retconning it’s own rules

Also wanted to let Kabam know that we ARE paying attention whenever they try to change the rules they’ve set

They changed their stance on defender champs existing or not
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Your just spreading nonsense niot awareness. Pointless thread just like you normally post
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

Honestly I don't remember them saying defender champs dont exist. The counter argument to RDT was champs arent SOLELY used for defense, they can be used elsewhere.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Honestly I don't remember them saying defender champs dont exist. The counter argument to RDT was champs arent SOLELY used for defense, they can be used elsewhere.

This. They've always maintained that some Champs will be good for Defense. If the argument is that Champs are intended for Defense solely, that won't hold. It's an Offer with some Champs that people might want for Defense. That doesn't mean it's their only use. For that matter, Tickets are not for changes to content. They're offering a chance at some Champs incase people want to add to their Defense Roster before the Season starts. That's about it.
  • There are definitely Champions that are better Defenders than others, and some that are better Attackers. Some of them even have a tag saying what kind of Defender they are.

What we said was that all Champions can be used for both Defense and Attack, they all have their strengths, and even then, the right node combination can make any Champion better on Defense.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    They all have their strengths.... except groot lol
    There are definitely Champions that are better Defenders than others, and some that are better Attackers. Some of them even have a tag saying what kind of Defender they are.

What we said was that all Champions can be used for both Defense and Attack, they all have their strengths, and even then, the right node combination can make any Champion better on Defense.

Oh hey Miiiiiiiiike been a LONG time a mid even considered talking to the community.

Consider this: the game team backed itself into a corner. How?

While useable in other content (cause you can use even 1* champs in Act5 if you wanted) the only time you’ll see Mordo or MCU-Panther in a serious team like that is via unique synergies and usually it’s not even them you want that synergy for.

Now while useable it also promotes “specific teams” which was the reason Leadership was removed.

You also claim Leadership was removed to make it possible to create challenging content which is also why 12.0 happened

But you also reneged on that by continually creating champs with increasing power curve until you get champs like Corvus Glaive who are literally capable of strolling through Act5 through sheer damage.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    You can't really compare leadership synergy with a champion like Corvus ... it doesn't make any sense.
    Corvus is a good champion, but no more than that. Leadership was a game changer that was avoiding content from being created (unless you wanted every piece of content to have block erosion, which is something that would affect all character's in the game and not only the ones that were gaining the synergy)
    You can't really compare leadership synergy with a champion like Corvus ... it doesn't make any sense.
    Corvus is a good champion, but no more than that. Leadership was a game changer that was avoiding content from being created (unless you wanted every piece of content to have block erosion, which is something that would affect all character's in the game and not only the ones that were gaining the synergy)

I was comparing Unique to Leadership and the effects of unique synergies to pre 12.0

However when champions start carving through Act5 without thinking twice makes me double take “hey didn’t SW and Thor do that in act4?”

And yes I know SW is still a beast and Thor used weird nasteries that might not hold up today but also considering Diminished Returns became a thing and Corvus is literally going all SW in Act5 despite that as a 4* makes me wonder why he gets to be a 5* too. Challenges will have to be increased to the Corvus limit to challenge those with him when he’s basically Jane-Foster if she merged with pre-12 Thor
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    I assume you watched a video of someone doing a path in act 5 only by using Corvus, and now you think that character is OP.
    Any decent champion in the hands of a skilled player can do the same as him. He doesn't have anytime that makes him game changer, so I still don't understand why you are using him as an example here, since he is nowhere powerful as pre 12.0 champions
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    There are definitely Champions that are better Defenders than others, and some that are better Attackers. Some of them even have a tag saying what kind of Defender they are.

Oh hey Miiiiiiiiike been a LONG time a mid even considered talking to the community.

While useable in other content (cause you can use even 1* champs in Act5 if you wanted) the only time you’ll see Mordo or MCU-Panther in a serious team like that is via unique synergies and usually it’s not even them you want that synergy for.

Now while useable it also promotes “specific teams” which was the reason Leadership was removed.

You also claim Leadership was removed to make it possible to create challenging content which is also why 12.0 happened

But you also reneged on that by continually creating champs with increasing power curve until you get champs like Corvus Glaive who are literally capable of strolling through Act5 through sheer damage.

There are new Champs that have unique Abilities, yes. None are the same as the old system, God Tier, or Synergies. Just because they made those changes doesn't mean Champs won't be uniquely powerful in some way. There was literally no counter for those situations. The newer Champs have counters and a very specific set of circumstances to peak.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    We also did get rank down tickets....not to let facts get in the same of this ****
  • Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258

Oh my goosssssshhhhhhhh there are so many problems with this post. It looks like you are just pulling stuff out of your butt. The mods respond to people all the time and in fact, every time I tag one they respond, whether i like the answer or not. While some champs are better for attacking (Like how I wouldn't even consider putting my mm on aw defense rather than offense) I use some champs that aren't good attackers in quests. My 5* MORDO is on my B-team and I actually used him to help 100% 5.1 to get the awakening gem.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

This corner appears to be one of the entrances to the Superdome.
    I’m only saying the ease of Corvus in act 5 is of the same as pre-nerf Thor in Act4

And unique-synergies like turning Winter Soldier into SL, and giving void of all people regen all with only Kill monger as the cause for the synergies is getting insane

That’s even glossing over the stupid blade trinity which yes not OP as people claim but definitely hurts when it kinda discourages an entire 1/6th of champions being mystic class(a class that has a mastery that causes controversy by uttering it’s name) with 7 easily in mind when thinking of defensive champs… WHICH ARE APPARENTLY A THING AGAIN

I mean synergies were REMOVED for what unique synergies are doing promoting “required” teams

And then you’ve got Corvus and Proxy. Proxy makes sense at least in some ways as it’s her specials but Corvus walking in Act5 like a pre-12 god in act4 is a bit much.

Please keep in mind this is opinion but… Kabam is a knife-walk from crontradictong themselves. Although it wouldn’t be their first time *cough* refreshing status *cough*
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I’m only saying the ease of Corvus in act 5 is of the same as pre-nerf Thor in Act4

And unique-synergies like turning Winter Soldier into SL, and giving void of all people regen all with only Kill monger as the cause for the synergies is getting insane

That’s even glossing over the stupid blade trinity which yes not OP as people claim but definitely hurts when it kinda discourages an entire 1/6th of champions being mystic class(a class that has a mastery that causes controversy by uttering it’s name) with 7 easily in mind when thinking of defensive champs… WHICH ARE APPARENTLY A THING AGAIN

I mean synergies were REMOVED for what unique synergies are doing promoting “required” teams

And then you’ve got Corvus and Proxy. Proxy makes sense at least in some ways as it’s her specials but Corvus walking in Act5 like a pre-12 god in act4 is a bit much.

Please keep in mind this is opinion but… Kabam is a knife-walk from crontradictong themselves. Although it wouldn’t be their first time *cough* refreshing status *cough*

Corvus is not as powerful as pre 12.0 Thor. Fullstop. Not a chance in hell. This is like those people who claim Blade is the new scarlet witch. Nope.
  • Outsider75Outsider75 Posts: 61

I have a question.
    If I were to post a screenshot of a post where you said SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Would that grant a warning, or some sort of ban of my forum account?
    I am afraid of using my freedom of speech around here so I wanted to ask before I get banned or something.
  • Outsider75 wrote: »

I have a question.
    If I were to post a screenshot of a post where you said SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Would that grant a warning, or some sort of ban of my forum account?
    I am afraid of using my freedom of speech around here so I wanted to ask before I get banned or something.

I don't think posting comments from a mod has ever been a bad thing. It helps make sure people see the information they're trying to send out imo
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    I just want the old DS back :'( he's horrific now and there are champs that are easily as good as he used to be.

Don't really care about RDT, but I am pretty tired of getting someone touted as a great defender and then becoming pretty useless. Look at Mordo, Dorm, Mephisto and the changes that have been made to the game, other champs, or those 3 themselves and it is pretty obvious that the goalposts will continue to move.

I have decided not to sweat it anymore since everyone will bring the same 3 champs to atttack if they have them now. I don't have an issue with those 3 champs, nor do I think they need to be altered either. But I do find it pretty odd that this combination of champions is basically the equivalent of old champ combinations that had their capabilities significantly reduced directly or indirectly.

If anything, kabam needs to address this issue by making rankup materials more widely available now. If the solution is to just make the nodes harder and not actually improve the bulk of lacking champs in this game, defenses are going to remain pretty pointless as you fight the node itself more than the champ on it. That is not fun. That doesn't provide any motivation to used hard-earned resources on someone mid to low-tier for the sake of diversity.

I really don't understand how every champ has their uses when most don't and are simply diversity points or streak fillers.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    I really don't understand how every champ has their uses when most don't and are simply diversity points or streak fillers.

To you. Most don't have a use to you. And if I'm being honest most don't have more than passing usage to me. But when the devs look at their usage reports and see that every champion is actually being used, and not just by low level players, that means every champ is being used, therefore every champ is actually useful to someone. That's all they mean when they say every champ has uses. Because when actual players are actually using them, that statement is by definition true.

If a champion was not being used at all, or only being used extremely infrequently, that would almost certainly trigger a project to alter them to be more useful. Luke Cage and Red Hulk were almost certainly buffed recently not because of any public statement about them being not useful, but because in large part they were actually in fact played very little relative to other champions.
    @BitterSteel

Of course not. But unlike blade he has a compelling case. Blade is closer to V12 BW… Corvus effortlessly slashing through ALL champs like that while not on the same level is nearly reminiscent of the ease.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    @BitterSteel

Of course not. But unlike blade he has a compelling case. Blade is closer to V12 BW… Corvus effortlessly slashing through ALL champs like that while not on the same level is nearly reminiscent of the ease.

Effortlessly? He has 20 guaranteed crits and then nothing for 50 seconds. That is not effortlessly. Once the enemy’s health is above the damage he can do with those first 20 crits then he is not as useful as Thor at all.