**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Truly excellent dungeon matchmaking

VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
Maybe add an option to confirm the matchup before just flinging my best champs into a dungeon with some scrub using 3/30s and 4/40s.

I now have to wait another 2 days before I can use my 5* because of your broken feature. What's the criteria for a matchup? Is team power even taken into account? Champ levels? This is another crappy mode that makes players dependant on other people's skill level and availability and the issue is only compounded by shocking matchmaking choices.

9hcjf06ukrw4.png

Comments

• VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    How can we not? Make the criteria plus or minus 2k at the max. Then you're at least getting closer to the same level of champs.
    Two of his champs aren't even duped. How's is that "somewhat close"
    Jaded wrote: »
    People are using what they can. You can't have a system that Matches based on who brings their "good Champs". Your Ratings are somewhat close.

Beg to differ on that one. Huge difference in a 14k team rating and a 19.9k rating team. Even in the number almost 6k difference is massive. Those two shouldn’t have been matched together with a proper matching criteria.

You're smart, I like you. 😀
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    People are using what they can. You can't have a system that Matches based on who brings their "good Champs". Your Ratings are somewhat close.

Beg to differ on that one. Huge difference in a 14k team rating and a 19.9k rating team. Even in the number almost 6k difference is massive. Those two shouldn’t have been matched together with a proper matching criteria.

Not really. Considering there's a fair range of people searching, if the system is using factors like Dungeon Level, Team Rating, etc., it's not that large a difference. 9k and 22k would be concerning. It's not a perfect system, but it Matches you with randoms. The other option is to play with people you know. You could always establish what you're using with people on Global. Lots looking to play on there. It's pretty difficult to instantaneously Match based on your level of skill and Roster when it all depends on who is looking at the same time. Most people are making their own arrangements.

Completely wrong bud. We aren’t talking about a small difference in masteries. 6k rating between three champs is a huge difference. Doesn’t have to be perfect. Needs to be tighter because op just wasted his 5* for no reason. And don’t give that excuse he could use alliance mates and “friends”. If everyone did they wouldn’t have the feature or at least no use for it. It’s players, playing the game that make these features necessary and they should preform properly from the get go when “released early”. Plain and simple.

Just ruined op’s dungeon time which is already too much.
    I've already suggested a tolerance system. Matchmaking teams shouldn't have a difference of more than 2 or 3k. That would be easy to program. As for why the guy I was matched with chose dungeon 5 I'll never know but there's many ways that could improve the system, saying that they can't or that there's nothing wrong is nonsense.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018

Not really. Considering there's a fair range of people searching, if the system is using factors like Dungeon Level, Team Rating, etc., it's not that large a difference. 9k and 22k would be concerning. It's not a perfect system, but it Matches you with randoms. The other option is to play with people you know. You could always establish what you're using with people on Global. Lots looking to play on there. It's pretty difficult to instantaneously Match based on your level of skill and Roster when it all depends on who is looking at the same time. Most people are making their own arrangements.

Completely wrong bud. We aren’t talking about a small difference in masteries. 6k rating between three champs is a huge difference. Doesn’t have to be perfect. Needs to be tighter because op just wasted his 5* for no reason. And don’t give that excuse he could use alliance mates and “friends”. If everyone did they wouldn’t have the feature or at least no use for it. It’s players, playing the game that make these features necessary and they should preform properly from the get go when “released early”. Plain and simple.

Just ruined op’s dungeon time which is already too much.

Literally an average of 2k per Champ. That could be anything from higher PI to Masteries. Bit of an exaggeration there.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    Just drop down a dungeon and do more rooms . It’s all points.and actually better gold
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    It should definitely be closer to your current rating when you do matchmaking. But then people will complain about long wait times. Matchmaking is just very hard to balance and it's never perfect in any game.

Don't use your best champs with a 'random' imo, even if they have the same rating they might still not be as skilled as you, and they could just die to the first boss.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I thought you could opt out before you "confirm" your team with the little check mark?! Or at least edit your team. Don;t confirm until you see their team. Before that you can see what the other person has put in for champs can't you?
    I must be missing something. I have adjusted my champs based on what the other person put in on more than one occasion.
    I thought you could opt out before you "confirm" your team with the little check mark?! Or at least edit your team. Don;t confirm until you see their team. Before that you can see what the other person has put in for champs can't you?
    I must be missing something. I have adjusted my champs based on what the other person put in on more than one occasion.

You must have adjusted when playing with a fellow alliance member. To matchmake with a random, you lock in your team, pick the arena you want to run then hit search, 5/6 seconds later a random is selected and the arena begins. No wait time, no confirmation asked, you just get thrown in.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Wrong.
    Mainer123 wrote: »
    Just drop down a dungeon and do more rooms . It’s all points.and actually better gold

I would have if I was given the chance. Obviously I noticed his team wasn't gonna manage dungeon 5 but you lock in your team, pick the arena you want to run then hit search, 5/6 seconds later a random is selected and the arena begins. No wait time, no confirmation asked, you just get thrown in with whomever they pair you with.
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    I mean... my 3/30 team with 10k rating was paired with a 3* team with 3.5k rating, and my partner died on the first fight (let alone the first mini).

It's like buying a GMC... you know you're going to be disappointed by the result but you figure not EVERYONE can have this kind of luck, right?
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    We should be clear to Kabam that this title is ENTIRELY SARCASTIC. The current matchmaking is bad enough to make me quit running dungeons altogether and maybe the game. Suggestions that barely scratch the surface:

1. Allow a chance to review your teammate's PI and back out before you get locked in.
    2. Never allow a dungeon mismatch, like sending someone to a Dungeon 4 when they proposed a Dungeon 3.
    3. Allow players to carry on solo to the next rooms if needed in order to mitigate the morons who run a single room (if that) and then sit there until time expires.
    4. Remove cap on PI for starting lower dungeons.
    5. Have an on-screen option to report other players for blatant misuse of the dungeon system (like joining and then sitting there until time expires).
    6. Greatly reduce cooldowns, because there are way too many people that screw up your runs and waste your champs.
    7. ...there are more, but I'm too angry right now to list everything.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★

No ****,Sherlock.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    About 50% of my attempts have been fairly even, the other 50% have been about half of my team rating. Luckily I was slumming, but when my 12k rated team of 4/40s pair up with a 6k rated ream with a 3/30, a 3* 4/40 and a 1/25 5* it is just.. come on.

Several times I've had to finish the boss linked, and conclude.. and yet they still want to continue. Not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent...
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    Maybe add an option to confirm the matchup before just flinging my best champs into a dungeon with some scrub using 3/30s and 4/40s.

I now have to wait another 2 days before I can use my 5* because of your broken feature. What's the criteria for a matchup? Is team power even taken into account? Champ levels? This is another crappy mode that makes players dependant on other people's skill level and availability and the issue is only compounded by shocking matchmaking choices.

9hcjf06ukrw4.png

Lol. Unfortunately, Dungeon 5's recommended rating is 13,250 - 20,999. You're near the ceiling while your matched partner is near the floor, but still technically within the same bracket :smile:

But I agree, if you have the option to decline a match, a lot of the issues would be solved already.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    I’ve had a **** experience with auto-matchmaking like many others here, pairing my 5* 4/55s team on dungeon 6 with someone bringing all 4/40 4*s. They should match the pairing based on the PRESTIGE of the 3 attackers you bring. I’m okay with waiting a few minutes to find an even pair.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I agree. Some of my best champs are being wasted because of this.