**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Magik question

Just pulled a 5 star magik. Does she need to be duped?
And what exactly does limbo mean? Thanks

Comments

• JakearoundJakearound Posts: 410 ★★★
    For attack purposes no she doesn’t need Limbo. It’s purely a defensive mechanism. Magik is a boss killer undupped. Limbo just means that every bar of power you pass she has a chance to enter Limbo which deals energy damage and allows you to regenerate whatever damage you’ve taken during Limbo.
  • ThonyRomeThonyRome Posts: 29
    Limbo is her otherworldly signature ability that takes damage overtime against his opponent when it is opened.
  • ThonyRomeThonyRome Posts: 29
    Limbo could also heal her.
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 410 ★★★
    That being said Limbo is still nice for attack. It has saved me a few times missing and evade or parry getting wrecked but because Limbo was up I got all the lost energy back
  • PandoraFlamePandoraFlame Posts: 110
    I have a 5* Magik, and she is incredible. Limbo is essentially the chance at reviving any health that she looses during the time that it is in effect.

Like most 5* champs, its not easy to rank up, but even maxing her out on Rank 1 gets around 2,600. :-)
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I have my magik r4/55 unduped she has one of the best power controls in game with just spamming sp2.
  • Spidey1717Spidey1717 Posts: 117
    Jakearound wrote: »
    For attack purposes no she doesn’t need Limbo. It’s purely a defensive mechanism. Magik is a boss killer undupped. Limbo just means that every bar of power you pass she has a chance to enter Limbo which deals energy damage and allows you to regenerate whatever damage you’ve taken during Limbo.
    Thanks for the great feedback. One question.. when u refer to energy damage are you talking about health? Thanks again everyone
  • Spidey1717Spidey1717 Posts: 117
    Does magik need to be duped to activate limbo?
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 650 ★★★
    When filling a bar, yes. When using a sp, no, though those only last a tic longer than the sp does.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    She activates limbo for a second on specials (so good for vs Yellowjacket power sting) but when she is duped it has a chance to activate when you get a bar of power.

There are two overarching types of damage in the game-physical and energy. Physical is like somebody punching and energy is like a laser blast. Why they say energy damage is because physical resistance can’t reduce the damage