**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I Don't Like the Thanos Boss Battle in Uncollected [Mod Edited Title]

Comments

• Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    the last month + energy cost
    this month + difficulty
    next month - rewards
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    There are videos up. Apparently, the last quest is just two 41K PI/250K health Thanos champs. Each one uses different stones to power up.

Dr. Zola

Why precisely was this flagged?

Dr. Zola

Someone wasn't a fan of you ending your posts with " -Dr. Zola" lol.

Lol yep. Definitely abusive. Only been doing that since 2015.

Dr. Zola
  • Hulk_SmellsHulk_Smells Posts: 183
    They forgot too mention the hidden kabam stone that causes annoying mid fight cut scenes.
  • ScottLangScottLang Posts: 149
    Really enjoyed the fight honestly, was a hell of a challenge but feel like a title or something should have came along with it or something
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    It’s not the inverse control that caused problem. After 3-4 fights, you get used to it. It’s unstoppable at 30%. You need to intercept to stop it. But he immediately gets to his SP3 and game is over. Yes some said it’s doable (with 5/65 Blade) but at what cost? Animations are kind of cool but game mode is utterly ridiculous.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    I liked this fights and thanks kabam for such challenging skill based enemy

Guilly last month felt that way. Thanos when low on health doesn’t.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    It is difficult I am not going to pretend you won't use resources, but it switches it up from the usual gameplay and that I can always appreciate.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Haven't done it but watched Seatin's stream. With only 2 fights and like 6 energy, I plan on running through my roster and restarting a few times until I figure the fight out. The issue people have is they just try to power though stuff instead of learning and restarting (like the boss russ).

I agree. I think the biggest problem with many uncollected boss fights is that the cost of failure is very high in terms of time and energy. But these fights don't have any prerequisite fights and don't cost much energy to reach, so this means unlike previous uncollected bosses you can actually practice against them almost for free.

To me, that's what a good high difficulty challenge should be about. Try, fail, try again. When the boss is at the end of a super long path of fights, there is a tendency to want to spend past the fight rather than restart. Here, you don't have to spend a single potion to see what the special animations are like, practice evading them, practice control reversal, practice practice practice. You can work your way up to beating them. I haven't even tried it yet, and I already like it. I already like it even if I ultimately can't beat it.
  • RoninBRRoninBR Posts: 31
    Without blade, isn’t that fun.
    I have no problem using resources, I understand the challenge.
    But imo this is for Blade players.
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @RoninBR

How does blade affect his abilities? I haven’t started the new EQ yet.
  • He is fun to fight, and the cinematic stone changes are a great mechanic for this boss. Quite nice. Great job Kabam!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    gsil247 wrote: »
    I don’t care for this either. Us mear mortals don’t have Blade 5/65, so we had to use revive after revive even with all 4/55 people like Hyperion, Starlord, Gwenpool, GhostRider and Glaive.

If you've spent tons of revives to complete the last chapter of uncollected that only requires 21 energy points to explore on the first day the event starts, that's not mortality that's impatience.
  • Erikfive_0Erikfive_0 Posts: 122
    Pretty sure his ability on death stone is broken. It states upon intercepting you will receive a safeguard node. I only ever got safeguard after the timer on death touch ran out. The degen stone also broke my block which isn’t stated in his abilities either. Other then those few issues this was a fun fight. Thanks for only making us run it once.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Blade may be bugging out his power gain cap...
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    gsil247 wrote: »
    I don’t care for this either. Us mear mortals don’t have Blade 5/65, so we had to use revive after revive even with all 4/55 people like Hyperion, Starlord, Gwenpool, GhostRider and Glaive.

If you've spent tons of revives to complete the last chapter of uncollected that only requires 21 energy points to explore on the first day the event starts, that's not mortality that's impatience.

FORREAL LMAO.
  • LubezzLubezz Posts: 2
    The fight is trash. No distance after sp2 when on 3rs stone instant death. I would like my money back for the fight.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Lubezz wrote: »
    The fight is trash. No distance after sp2 when on 3rs stone instant death. I would like my money back for the fight.

Are you going to give back the rewards?
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    At least I don't have to fight Dark order Guilly 7 times.
  • JincXJincX Posts: 12
    I think the thanos are fun and challenging. I like that Kabam changed things up this month. The bright side is we only need to get two fights in for 100% level 6.
  • JincXJincX Posts: 12
    I much rather fight two challenging fights (engaging for skilled players) than go through 8 rounds of hack and slash to get 100%.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    I would say just keep running the quest without using items until you get the hang of it. The good news is that you don't have to fight through 10 other champs to practice. For once, Kabam has done us a solid, but giving a low energy final chapter that we can attack multiple times until we get it right without breaking the bank.

Yeah, it's a difficult fight, but that's the idea.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    A change we all expected for AQ,Not in the way they did it,But still-People complain
    Energy costs are more-people complain (This is justified tho)
    Difficulty up-People complain (This is stupid,Get the hang of it,That'll solve it)
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Even Guilly you could punch and strafe with Hype down and scrape shards. This is just… WOW

Atleast now we don't spend Kilo joules of energy to get to him