**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to stop IW Iron Man from auto blocking?

I feel quite cheated by this dude. I get him down easily to low health then i can’t get him down past like 12% because he keeps auto bleaching and then gaining power and destroying me. How do i avoid his auto block?

Comments

• KiLL_RaLpHKiLL_RaLpH Posts: 12
    I haven't started the quest but basing on champ description i read earlier maybe try to parry + heavy attack? Maybe later I'll give it a shot and look for a work around on the champ mechanics.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Try a champ with a great Heavy and parry him. I used Angela and it was a good time. Hyperion also works well as you can Heavy straight to a SP3.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    For some reason when I fought him, he did not auto block me when he went below 12%
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    The issue is that you can't parry him since most of his attacks are projectiles (like Yondu). You also cannot intercept because of his autoblock.

The Uncollected version will literally chain SP1 you to death. He gains power so quickly that he can stack one after another even if you evade them. And after a couple of them they become unblockable.

Basically a stun-immune, unblockable Hype on meth.

I would also like some tips on how to fight him...
  • Supremeguy95Supremeguy95 Posts: 447
    A Medusa would probably solve the problem with her armor shatter
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★

I was planning on using her in uncollected. I've been walking through master right now but she should own him. Iron fist would probably work too.
  • KngSpcKngSpc Posts: 53
    Unfortunately, Medusa doesn’t do much since his armor is passive. I tried her and my Mephisto against him and got rekt
    I also forgot to mention, I played him like I played Yondu. I keep alittle distance and parry when he dashes in. Works for IMIW just fine as well, hence why my Parry + Heavy comment. Hell even She Hulk would do well Vs him as her heavy can do alot of damage.
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    I just waited out the armor, then went in. He doesn’t auto block if he doesn’t have it.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    The same way you stop MODOK autoblocking (and stop any of the other Iron Man variants doing their 15% health tricks):

Black Widow
    Falcon
    Crossbones
    Karnak
    Ekectra
    Gwenpool
    Thor Ragnarok
    Dr Voodoo
    Kingpin
    Proxima Midnight
    Magneto (probably not your first choice, this one...)
  • MabkaZuckMabkaZuck Posts: 80
    Sparky + intercept
    down in less than 20 hits (uncollected)
  • AnimatronicstoAnimatronicsto Posts: 194
    Yea i just read his description. Just wait out the armor
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    Like many have mentioned, Hyperion is my go to. But he’s in the war. I’m using GP And ages doing great! Solo him easily and only use special 1 over and over. Also, try and get him to his special 2, waaaay easier to 100% evade
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Saiyan wrote: »
    I also forgot to mention, I played him like I played Yondu. I keep alittle distance and parry when he dashes in. Works for IMIW just fine as well, hence why my Parry + Heavy comment. Hell even She Hulk would do well Vs him as her heavy can do alot of damage.

Well,I find I parry him like I shouldn't on Yondu, Getting close,doing mlll on block,parry.
    Can you intercept and his auto block doesn't trigger?
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Hmm, I tried playing him like Yondu, but parry was not working for me when he dashed. So I just let his armor run out, and then L3'd him out the door.
  • I thought he was reverse of yondu... Can't parry medium, but can parry light. I could be mistaken tho.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    can't parry his medium... when he gets below 15% health you're basically in a bind.. he will autoblock/ autoparry 100% of all attacks and gain power continuously. The only thing I can think of that would be the best strategy is save your L3. Once he is below 15%, fire off your L3 to finish him.
  • PincheChingonPincheChingon Posts: 99
    KM true strike will destroy auto block.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Proxima and Medusa will do well
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    Solution that works for any champ is to wait out the armor. It expires. He only autoblocks when he has 4 or more armor buffs.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    I feel quite cheated by this dude. I get him down easily to low health then i can’t get him down past like 12% because he keeps auto bleaching and then gaining power and destroying me. How do i avoid his auto block?

If he was "auto-bleaching",Wouldn't he be dead?
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    I thought he was reverse of yondu... Can't parry medium, but can parry light. I could be mistaken tho.

I thought he was just like Yondu (repulsors like his arrow, and on light attack), then I reread his info, and you are right, it's his first Medium that is Ranged, so you want to keep him close.
  • Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    MabkaZuck wrote: »
    Sparky + intercept
    down in less than 20 hits (uncollected)

4* or 5*?
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Best champ to take him down is sparky. My sparky is 4 star r5. Took him just 30 hits. Why sparky? Because iron man has sooooo many flying animations. Repeated sp1s. All these flying animations are evaded by sparky amazingly well. Plus his taunts on iron man will make sure that he uses sp1 or 2 and not go to sp3 as he's on power gain. I'm talking about uncollected version. The next time I used Hyperion 4 star Max, he was good enough too. Just keep little distance from iron man as he gets sp1, as the 1st part of sp1 is unblockable. Keep spamming sp1 of Hyperion which he gets fast anyways. Iron man goes down easy. My vote, sparky is best then Hyperion then basically you can use any character. Just learn to evade sp1 and 2.
    Saiyan wrote: »

Well,I find I parry him like I shouldn't on Yondu, Getting close,doing mlll on block,parry.
    Can you intercept and his auto block doesn't trigger?

I've learned from my foolish comment. You can't parry his Dash attack (thought you could). After I failed that a few times the second time I fought him, you can parry his attack close up tho (it's either his light or Med you can parry not sure cuz you can't parry the other).

Anyway, my mistake aside, the other times I fought him, parry + heavy worked well. I don't have a True Strike character ranked up so my plan works.
  • UrrymonsterUrrymonster Posts: 69
    KM true strike will destroy auto block.

Killmonger needs to counter his specials... which you cant