**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Dungeons; a daily chore?

Comments

• ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    The cost of items in the store pretty much turned me off from doing dungeons. No way in hell will I be able to get anything a reallly need
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    @Apache that’s a major turnoff. In general, I like the game feature, especially if you can play while physically in the same room with a partner or on a Line call. However, there’s a disparity between (1) time commitment and (2) payout/cost of rewards.

Even @Deadbyrd9 and his admittedly very efficient 70 minutes is a significant commitment—if I’m not mistaken, he was unable to play other game features while running the dungeons. So that’s 70 minutes on top of the usual daily time commitment. And if he relied solely on a broken chat function then 70 minutes is unrealistic and likely not easily duplicated.

It’s not a bust, and those who say it is aren’t giving it a fair shake. But I suspect there will be fewer who care about dungeons as we get deeper into the 45 day period if there isn’t some adjustment to the commitment/payout ratio.

Dr. Zola
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    For me it’s worth doing because me and my partner have like a an hour and a half window to usually get it done each day. It’s by far my favorite content in this game currently so I don’t mind the grind of it
    edited April 2018
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    For me it’s worth doing because me and my partner have like a an hour and a half window to usually get it done each day. It’s by far my favorite content in this game currently so I don’t mind the grind of it

I think that’s how it works best—designated partner who knows the drill, time free and clear, and fold before you get in over your head. What hounds a lot of players is the scramble to find a dungeon mate, pick a team, take a call, talk to a spouse, do some work, etc. while trying to knock out enough dungeons to hit milestones. You really can’t have anything else going on and, unfortunately, there are probably far more players who have things going on than who don’t.

Dr. Zola
  • Kriss_IIKriss_II Posts: 64
    Yeah, I'll agree. It'll take 3 or more hours to claim last milestones in a day. We have arenas, Quests, AQ,AW .etc to play in a single day. And these all needs a lot of time. In addition the dungeons arrived , Eventhough I was excited for the first 2 days. I don't care about wasting many hours for those milestones. Playing dungeon is being a drag bcoz you have to go through different rooms, face hard nodes .etc

Kabam Pls consider increasing a dungeon event to 3 days . Increase milestones a bit, no prob if we can catch up like milestones in an arena
  • helloguys wrote: »
    With the introduction of dungeons, I had a bit of hope that the game would not be stale anymore. Now that dungeons are here, I feel like the pressure is really on me. There's just way too much to do. AQ, AW, EQ, Trials, Dungeons. Me being in a top 200 alliance, I need to do arena almost every time getting BC because we do Map 6 5 days a week. I'll highlight a few points of dungeons which I feel, screw the game mode up;

1. They are so slow to do - It takes so damn long to accumulate points via doing dungeon 5. After 1 hour of doing it, I still haven't reached the final milestone.

2. The nodes we get, are ridiculous. I'm all up for skilled fights but these ones are just moneygrabs. There's one where the defender gains power by blocking. The AI is also so passive, how am I supposed to counter that?

3. Blocks don't work, evade doesn't work. My champion is doing a light attack, instead of a medium. Specials attacks don't connect, enemy recovery time is 100x faster than anything I've ever seen.

4. 5.5k prestige requirement to see the 5* crystals and 7.5k milestone really? Not fair. Lower it. It's not fair at all.

5. Chat doesn't work at all. You guys said you would fix it, and it still doesn't work. I need to switch to LINE app all the time, to communicate. Why introduce such a thing when you know that is bugged?

I appreciate kabam for making a new mode of gameplay, but it's just so bugged right now. Take it down, take some feedback from the community, and fix it accordingly. Don't screw us up. Dungeons shouldn't be a chore. We should accumulate points faster. I don't wanna do 15 rooms just to get the last milestone, that's 3 hours of my life.
    I agree with most of your points that it became a responsibility rather than a fun game mode too fast.
    Although i don't agree on nodes being money grabs. I have encountered hard ones too for sure but the potions cannot be bought with units or real money right now. So you just have to efficient on what you will be using.
    And i also agree that prestige for milestones is not a good concept. Totally unfair. I am uncollected and i can %100 the uncollected event quest but i'm not qualified for a milestone. Really?
    Also i don't know if anyone else had this problem too. I didn't but people i completed dungeons with did. Their game froze during dungeons. And it made us both fail the room. This should be investigated. Not saying this should be compensated but at least our champions we used during the dungeon should be available one more time.
  • Kriss_IIKriss_II Posts: 64
    It's becoming a daily chore man!
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    AndyB1985 wrote: »
    Dungeons take way too long. 2 to 3 hours to hit the last milestone is ridiculous. I would much rather take a cheese grater to my scrotum. I'll be passing on this game mode.

Lol.. I will be skipping some days or only doing part of some days. It is too time consuming and sometimes people will leave you hanging (like doing a run on their work break without mentioning it and then leaving when they get called back). Also not to mention if your partner has a bad run you might only make it to room 2 or something and waste your champs (I had this happen twice with near full health champs).

These should not be daily. They are sucking the air from AQ and AW and the game in general.
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    I rather play by myself... all this communication is boring...
  • CodornasCodornas Posts: 542 ★★
    HELLO KABAM!! ARE U KEEPING TRACKING OF THE FEEDBACK?? LISTEN TO YOUR COMMUNITY! @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious

First day was great. Now we re on third day and already 2 alliance mates chosen to quit game cause of dungeons, if u dont do ajustments, it will be a major fail and setback. AND FIX THE CHATTTTTT!!!! Jeez! Game s crashing enough without having to use other apps!
  • BmanBman Posts: 217
    I was also excited for excited for dungeons. After day 1, I quickly realized the time needed for all milestones was way too much. I didn’t even play dungeons day 2, and day 3 I didn’t even bother with the last milestone. Points need to be increased by 30-5%, and take away the stupid refresh timers!! They always say they want us to spend less time grinding (remember when they wanted to extend arena refresh timers to like 6hrs). Yet they add another GRIND mode. Ppl that wanna do the max everyday, more power to you. Shouldn’t take more than 30min a day for average players with so much already going on in the game!
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Dungeons are interesting in that when watching others do dungeons, like youtubers, they look fun and exciting. When actually doing dungeons they burn you out real quick and feels like a chore. After doing milestones though and seeing others do dungeons, I find myself wanting to play another dungeon too but with milestones done it’s pointless.

Whatever happens with dungeons, I hope Kabam decides to keep them around for future iterations and different events, not just special event side quests. Maybe even permanent content one day. It won’t be easy to balance the reward/chore structure with dungeons but the concept is great.
  • onebeyondallonebeyondall Posts: 70
    I suggest we can have a QUICKIE dungeon session where you can just play One or two room (without any partner!), cash out with your points and get out. Meaning you have to fight with the linked nodes!. Because every time when you need to play Dungeon, you really need to settle down find a partner and take some time to complete many rooms. But what about people who do not have too much time to spare!
    ps: it will just be like grinding arena sort.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    finding a good partner who has the same hour free as myself and isn't so sick of dungeons that they won't do them anymore is super fun and interactive!
  • Sn1pes130Sn1pes130 Posts: 82
    2 things that need to be changed with dungeons IMO
    1) move to a weekly capped milestone so I don’t have to play hours each day
    2) allow me to quit a dungeon after I lose rather than wait for the timer to expire
  • THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »

I think that’s how it works best—designated partner who knows the drill, time free and clear, and fold before you get in over your head. What hounds a lot of players is the scramble to find a dungeon mate, pick a team, take a call, talk to a spouse, do some work, etc. while trying to knock out enough dungeons to hit milestones. You really can’t have anything else going on and, unfortunately, there are probably far more players who have things going on than who don’t.

Dr. Zola

I think this is the single design failure of the dungeons in my opinion. Speaking about them purely as a new game mode, it is designed to be used by players informally teaming with other players, and that's an interesting addition to the game. It doesn't require the same level of persistent time commitment as AQ and AW and doesn't require dedicated alliance grouping. You can team with anyone in your friends and eventually you will be able to team randomly with turnstiles.

And yet, it was paired with a reward system in which only the singly dedicated have any decent chance of extracting more than a trivial amount of rewards. If you play dungeons casually, you will end up with a relatively small amount of limited time currency that will almost certainly expire at the end of a time limited event. You can't simply participate at your own pace: there's no such thing as earning the same rewards but slower. You just can't earn them at all.

If the dungeons rewarded a non-expiring currency like Glory, and the maximum amount you could earn per week was capped so players couldn't grind it to death, I think there would be a lot less complaints about the pressure to grind the dungeons.

Running one dungeon or a couple is fun and interesting. Running them for hours a day every day seems to me to almost miss the point of adding a gameplay feature like this in the first place. It isn't functioning like a new optional game play mode. It is psychologically acting more like a mandatory time limited arena.

I totally agree. The concept of dungeons is a great addition. However, this current iteration has a major design flaw that makes people feel like its another chore instead of a new enjoyable game mode.

I would suggest for this current iteration Kabam reduces the number of rooms required to hit all milestones. For example, Dungeon 5 1-5 rooms would hit last 7.5k milestones.

The current design setup and rewards are a real pain to play daily. I don't want this to become a game mode people dread playing.

As DNA suggested it should offer non expiring rewards.
  • helloguyshelloguys Posts: 90
    Bump, hope everyone gets to read this. Feel free to share your opinions, on here.
  • ItempasItempas Posts: 57
    I get where OP is cominf from but in the case of Dungeons, if you aren't going for the 5* AG, it's just not worth hitting all the milestones everyday. I do it every other day to not make it feel like a chore and only do it with people who are relatively the same skill level so I don't get too frustrated
  • MaybeThisIsNotMeMaybeThisIsNotMe Posts: 141
    edited May 2018
    Daily chore for sure. Takes way to long too get the milestones
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★

Dr. Zola

I think this is the single design failure of the dungeons in my opinion. Speaking about them purely as a new game mode, it is designed to be used by players informally teaming with other players, and that's an interesting addition to the game. It doesn't require the same level of persistent time commitment as AQ and AW and doesn't require dedicated alliance grouping. You can team with anyone in your friends and eventually you will be able to team randomly with turnstiles.

And yet, it was paired with a reward system in which only the singly dedicated have any decent chance of extracting more than a trivial amount of rewards. If you play dungeons casually, you will end up with a relatively small amount of limited time currency that will almost certainly expire at the end of a time limited event. You can't simply participate at your own pace: there's no such thing as earning the same rewards but slower. You just can't earn them at all.

If the dungeons rewarded a non-expiring currency like Glory, and the maximum amount you could earn per week was capped so players couldn't grind it to death, I think there would be a lot less complaints about the pressure to grind the dungeons.

Running one dungeon or a couple is fun and interesting. Running them for hours a day every day seems to me to almost miss the point of adding a gameplay feature like this in the first place. It isn't functioning like a new optional game play mode. It is psychologically acting more like a mandatory time limited arena.

Wow. I think everyone is crazy but me. I run a couple of dungeons every other day or so. I will easily get the 27,000 artifacts needed for a 5* crystal, and, when combined with the EQ rewards, 2 - 3 million dust which is half a 5* or 4 T4B, and some T1As. I don't call that a "trivial amount of rewards".

Seems to me you were all expecting to hit this 6.9 million mark in a weekend of grinding.

Another point - this is the first iteration of a new game node that had been around a little more than a week and folks like @Codornas are freaking out like it's the end of the world if Kabam doesn't change it ASAP.
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    My only problem with the dungeons is the dedicated time sink. Not the total, but how long you have to be on in one sitting. It’s pretty much a half hour minimum investment per attempt. There’s no other part of this game where you can’t stop between fights and pick it back up 10, 15 minutes later if necessary. It’s one of the best things about this game. But I’ve honestly stopped even trying to reach all the milestones. I have a job, a family, friends, hobbies, etc., and I manage to get the other parts of the game accomplished in between in small, short sessions. But not this one, and it’s a shame, really.
  • gatra_hpgatra_hp Posts: 98
    This is great for the unemployed/no school or professional youtubers who do not have anything else to do. You just have to subtract from other areas of the game to play it if you work, go to school or have an intimate partner. I for one have no more time to grind arena sadly.

100% agreed on this.

• EzioEzio Posts: 40
    Yes, it's basically a chore and Dungeons doesn't seem like fun because you literally have to be glued on the event. Playing AQ, AW, and arena is already time consuming. Daily Dungeons are too much. Great new game mode but it's timing of playthrough is too much.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Maybe you shouldn’t do dungeons then. Nobody’s making you do all the modes in the game or making you do map 6 5 days a week. You having to do arena everytime for donations? That’s on you.. if it’s too much to keep up with don’t be in a top 200 alliance. You get better rewards from aq and aw than most of the player base for both of those.. maybe you’ll just have to miss out on dungeons some days. Really don’t feel bad for you. These top allaimce players complain that too level aq and aw take up a lot of time, effort, and resources. The answer? Don’t be in a top allaimce then.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    There is one big problem with lowering milestones/rewards costs (say the 5* crystals cost 13.5k artifacts instead of 27k).

People who have nothing to do, no responsibilities will take complete advantage of it.

We live in a time when it is cool to do nothing all day but sloth on games.

A way around this, like in the past has been to have reward caps. For example maybe let people claim a max of two 5*s and lower the milestones. The infinity dust would not be a problem anyways.
    edited May 2018

Dr. Zola

It’s a simple fix: allow the currency to carry over and have dungeons appear periodically throughout the year. That reduces the urgency to hit milestones every day.

Dungeons also represent the best chance of finally giving solo players a chance to access rewards previously available only to alliance players. As a game mode, that has the added benefit of being a nice way to allow players on break to keep up at a modest level.

Dr. Zola
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Nothing, and I mean nothing, should force a player to play uninterrupted form 30+ min in a mobile game. If I wanted to free up an hour where I had to sit in one place and not stop I'd plug in my xbox.