**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nerf Iron Man

Comments

• TempestTempest Posts: 295
    gsil247 wrote: »
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    didnt find him much of a challenge on uncollected. you guys wait for thanos if you really feel that way

I was about to say this.l, but you beat me to it. My Corvus didn’t take much damage and one shotted him every fight. Not sure what this guy is complaining about.

Alrighttt... but don't come complaining when you fight him in AW.

No one really cares about the questing version. OP is just foreseeing the problems in AW since IM is a playable character while Thanos is not.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Why is it when there's a champ someone has a issue beating, it's followed by a nerf them post-
    Modok
    Blade
    Medusa
    Etc..
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    Autoblock when below 15% is fine, so long as it’s finite. But it’s up the entire time he’s below 15%. It’s not super awful in the quest because it’s an early map and the node buffs aren’t crazy. But just wait till someone has that as their AW boss. He’ll be virtually unkillable. You basically have to land something that will take the last bit of his life BEFORE he gets below 15%, or have some kind of debuff that will finish him off without you having to hit him. Not possible on some nodes where they have 40k+ rating. God forbid you have to START the fight when he’s already below 15%.

Those people defending its current state will change their tune the second they have to face one on an AW boss node, guaranteed. (Unless they have their own on a boss node too, lol)
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Im actually fine with it. They finally made an iron man who is good!!!
    Nice Job Kabam!!! :)
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    well, at least is not a nerf blade post
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Quake- charge, autoevade, parry, charge, autoevade, parry, until.....aftershock. rinse, repeat etc, DONE
  • I sympathize, but there are various counters to this champ's Signature. Essentially many of the same ones as original Iron Man and his variants:

#1 - finish him off with a final blow that KOs him from above 15% health (a nice hefty S3 from the likes of Thor, Hulk, Captain Marvel or original Iron Man)
    People tend to forget about Guillotine's s3. Deals 2% of opponent's health in direct damage per Soul consumed. Unless I'm fighting a regen and spending souls on s2, I can usually hit someone from about 25% and end them with this.

• Ajjohnsbb8Ajjohnsbb8 Posts: 191
    Easy with hawkeye or Ronan. If they did need him, I wanna see a buffed OG iron man
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    My Hyperion could finish him off. You just need to build-up Fury and unleash Sp3 at like 20% health and get a KO. If not, Armor Break.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Quake- charge, autoevade, parry, charge, autoevade, parry, until.....aftershock. rinse, repeat etc, DONE

Iron Man's medium cannot be passive evaded. Quake fails.
    I'm taking a look at Immunity miniboss in AW...how do you remove the armors then? You don't. Can't nullify them, Quake doesn't work...Gwenpool can eventually stop them, but she can't exactly do much damage when she can't bleed the enemy. I forsee a lot more complaining about unbalancing in the future-I'm just trying to warn you all ahead of time that this won't be fun.
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Remove kinetic reactor and power gain 100% you have a fighting chance but with those 2 nodes its overkill lol
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    YoMoves wrote: »
    I'm taking a look at Immunity miniboss in AW...how do you remove the armors then? You don't. Can't nullify them, Quake doesn't work...Gwenpool can eventually stop them, but she can't exactly do much damage when she can't bleed the enemy. I forsee a lot more complaining about unbalancing in the future-I'm just trying to warn you all ahead of time that this won't be fun.

Yes, this will not be a fun mini-boss on immune mini boss. The same ones saying that he doesn't need to be nerfed will be complaining once their alliance get's bogged down on IM-IW on immune mini boss, guaranteed.
    Hey, guys.

Now that you've met him in defense and heard of the legendary Node 38.

How do you feel now? :D
  • SunnyLeafSunnyLeaf Posts: 10
    kraioszero wrote: »
    Really???

Even taking into account all the connection problem topics forum is full of, I could say there is not even 24 continuous hours to experience non-stop battles again the new ironman and you are already asking Nerf?
    which difficulty level are you suffering from? I mean, to take that into account to have a better idea of the request...it is not that I or any other of the players could solve something but just so we can interchange strategies.
    I faced him at Heroic Level with a 4* Angela and no problem.

Try to fight IMIW in the NODE38 with tier 1-3. Then u will back say something different.
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    I swear half the ppl that say he's fine are in a bronze alliance or something, that dude in Aw will be virtually impossible to defeat and god forbit he's placed on explosive personality and aggression armor node..they should retune half the things he does on defense...
  • They'll be more likely to adjust modes before nerfing a new champ.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    I swear half the ppl that say he's fine are in a bronze alliance or something, that dude in Aw will be virtually impossible to defeat and god forbit he's placed on explosive personality and aggression armor node..they should retune half the things he does on defense...

You don't see "Explosive personality" and "Aggression: armor" on Node 38 until you are in like tier 3. I'm guessing most people aren't in tier 3+, so they think he's fine.
  • Plumber4578Plumber4578 Posts: 33
    Quit with the nerf suggestions because you're bitter u don't have him day 1 he's available. Play the game and learn how to get around him.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Killmonger can punish specials if you know how to use him

His unstoppable sp1 buffs means he can just stand there, take the hits and then dash in straight away and get true strike
    So...not a punish, rather a 'you have to get hit in the face to pull it off'....

That's not really an efficient strategy, especially on more powerful nodes where taking that shock/incinerate is over half your health.
    Quit with the nerf suggestions because you're bitter u don't have him day 1 he's available. Play the game and learn how to get around him.

I own him, owned him day 1, and still think he needs a nerf...not to mention I'm one of the more skilled people out there, both in war and in general.

So take your prejudice and kindly shove off. It's not wanted here. Here's the breakdown: He's just too good, especially in conjunction with several nodes in top tier AW (and one in particular). It makes it so it's just outright impossible to win with all but one or two characters tops.

Have I figured out ways around IMIW? Yes, I have. But he's still too good with not nearly enough answers to be considered balanced. Something you need to realize: Just because something can be beaten does not make it fair. Collector's not a fair fight at all, and if he were released to the public as a playable champ as-is, you'd better believe the community would revolt. Could he be beaten? Certainly. But that doesn't mean he's balanced.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    He has the best idling animation. He's fine.

False

Doctor Octopus’ little twiddly fingers are the best
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    The community has already found a way to beat him.. :)