**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hyperion's power gain buff

wolfwolf Posts: 106
edited June 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
If you don't use specific champions (Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye) against Hyperion, there's nothing that you can do if his PI is twice higher than yours. Then come a lot of Hyperion fanboys saying that "you have to learn to play" and else. Don't come recomend Magik and Civil Warrior, by the time you get enough power for E2, Hyperion will already be at his second E3 - if your champion is still alive, though.

I did three battles against a member of my alliance that got Hyperion and to check it out that his power gain buff is really overpowered. In those tests, I didn't try to hit him. So, all the power he gained was by himself from his own buff. Results: the lowest time Hyperion could reach E3 was 20 seconds (in this time he was even capable of using E1 once). I DIDN'T EVEN NEED TO HIT HIM AND HE DIDN'T HAVE TO HIT ME TO HE REACH SPECIAL 3 AT 20 SECONDS. Within 20 seconds it is impossible to win him as Alliance War Boss. Battling him normally is a pain because you hit him a little and all of random he activates the power gain buff, then you push back to force him to use his special 1 or 2, if he uses it is okay, but if he doesn't and he activates power gain buff, then you're screwed.

Hyperion's power gain is broken. This is a fact. Kabam, you have to nerf his power gain. Players are wasting too much on units to recover champs to defeat him in AQ maps and he alone decides a war depending on where he is placed.

Comments

• NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    Winter Soldier does well against him.

I find power drain procs often enough to keep him out of S3 range
  • I prefer for them to make champs with strong abilities. I get sick of all the vanilla champs they release (Carnage). I wish they would release more characters like Hyperion. Not exactly a carbon copy with his power gain, but someone who has a strong attack/super strong defense, super unique abilities. I enjoy when they make them a little complex to operate to achieve their maximum potential. Gives you something forward to learning and finding a good application for.
    #AgainstTheReleaseOfVanillaChamps
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    I KO near perfect or at perfect health Hyperion that's twice my PI regularly. Given power control champs make it easier but any champ can do it. Bait and bait often
  • JotaroJotaro Posts: 48
    Just BAIT man! That all! Haha. Don't be mesmerize by his power gain. He does weakness too. He oftenly used his l1 and l2 but simple to evade. U must get used ro him. :p
    Low attack and low health. You attack slower but he has huge downsides
  • AdzomaticAdzomatic Posts: 66
    @wolf are you referring to Hype on an All or Nothing (AON) Node or as Boss. if he is on All or Nothing, then yeah he can cause some trouble if you are going into an AON fight without an appropriate power drainer on hand.

If you are referring to Hype as Boss then just bait his level 1 hit him 3-4 time max and bait again, try not to push him too close to his lvl 2. you can do this with any champ, but yes again use power drainers and you can easily take down Hype boss with little trouble

Other champ options,
    -Magik - lvl 2 power lock with MD she destroys him
    -DS - Fate Seal will stop powergain
    -SL- Can be lucky with Power Drain on lvl 2, class disadvantage but just bait lvl 1 repeat, hold combo for epic dmg
    Don't forget GP and her power lock
  • You have already stated the fact in your first paragraph. You need the right champs. You won't bring wolverine to an ultron fight, you won't fight mordo with cwbp, you won't use Gwen pool on cable.... The list go on and on. No one needs nerfing at the moment, arguably a list is needed for buffing. Please stop the nerf post.
  • JotaroJotaro Posts: 48
    Hone your fighting skill. Nerfing a champ is not an option. Its basic bud.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    3 hit dodge, 3 hit dodge, seem to work for me. Also if you get him to 1/4 health (may vary depend on pi) and he has/just use sp3: rush him fast, don't let him lay egg.
  • LagmelongtimeLagmelongtime Posts: 86
    edited June 2017
    Also if you are worry about too much units and health potions used in AW and AQ... Maybe start a post to reduce cost for those instead and get the priority straight. Btw LOL 100% should not cost $1000+
  • Lëärn höw tö fïght hïm nööb
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    He sucks on a sp2 buff node. This is a fact.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    I use any champ againsy hyperion and its not too bad. 3 hit combo, bait special, repeat.
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Wolf, I have told u once before stop the nerf **** and learn how to fight, weak comments like this have no creditably!!
    You and ww2 cap must be best noob friends with all your nerf talk!
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    wolf wrote: »
    Don't come recomend Magik and Civil Warrior, by the time you get enough power for E2, Hyperion will already be at his second E3 - if your champion is still alive, though.
    Not sure how Civil Warrior could be good against Hyperion lol, his class disadvantage would hurt quite badly, but Magik, I know for sure she is good.

Yes, the statement I've just quoted you on, is true if you don't bait or are very unlucky. Most of the time, you should be able to bait at least once or twice before Magik gets to her L2. Once Magik does get to her L2 though, Hyperion is doomed with your chain power lock.
    There are a lot of champs that can stop him!
    No one said it's easy but yes it can be done if all heros were equal this game would suck and would not be worth playing!
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I think it's HOW much he gains… usually a champion with passive gain would have been shot and crippled by now… the ugly truth is that the counters to Hype are also decently rare as they are VERY limited to Vision AoU, and Magik… maybe Hawkeye but you better have LUCK and by luck I mean high end alliance items and some boosts!

Cable is not really fair to compare as Cable is WAY weaker compared and there even Voodoo and Dormammu are gonna be able to hard stop him where if vs Hyperion that's just cruel!
  • Josh2PlayJosh2Play Posts: 115
    @Drakon56 Wow hold it there partner, OP doesn't have a 2* star lord to deal with Hyperion, isn't it obvious? he needs that 2* SL for AW Hyperion
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    wolf wrote: »
    If you don't use specific champions (Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye) against Hyperion, there's nothing that you can do if his PI is twice higher than yours. Then come a lot of Hyperion fanboys saying that "you have to learn to play" and else. Don't come recomend Magik and Civil Warrior, by the time you get enough power for E2, Hyperion will already be at his second E3 - if your champion is still alive, though.

I did three battles against a member of my alliance that got Hyperion and to check it out that his power gain buff is really overpowered. In those tests, I didn't try to hit him. So, all the power he gained was by himself from his own buff. Results: the lowest time Hyperion could reach E3 was 20 seconds (in this time he was even capable of using E1 once). I DIDN'T EVEN NEED TO HIT HIM AND HE DIDN'T HAVE TO HIT ME TO HE REACH SPECIAL 3 AT 20 SECONDS. Within 20 seconds it is impossible to win him as Alliance War Boss. Battling him normally is a pain because you hit him a little and all of random he activates the power gain buff, then you push back to force him to use his special 1 or 2, if he uses it is okay, but if he doesn't and he activates power gain buff, then you're screwed.

Hyperion's power gain is broken. This is a fact. Kabam, you have to nerf his power gain. Players are wasting too much on units to recover champs to defeat him in AQ maps and he alone decides a war depending on where he is placed.

I am sorry you are having this problem. Unfortunately there is only one solution to it........
    There is this thing in MCoC called BAITING the specials which is a very good option against his S2 and S1(all the hits are evadable easily unlike Venom's S2 or the collectors)
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited June 2017
    Drakon56 wrote: »
    You can beat Hyperion without power drainers as long as you're good at baiting. Check out this video. I use a 2* SL against a duel Hyperion.

https://youtu.be/T_4gOmm3cZ4

Lucky power drain by sp2. But good fight. I was dreaming he is in spite node.
    Here is another hero that works as well hood stops hypo power gain try it out like I said there are many options, bait method or some power drain or power lock heros! No nerf needed! Nerfing destroys the game!
  • Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    Addyos wrote: »
    Kabam makes an OP champ, people cry nerf. Kabam makes a meh champ, people cry buff. Can't please everyone.

Lets all just remember we are the reason why SW was nerfed. Hyperion is CRITICAL to beat Quest 5 chapter 2.
  • Paqman_78Paqman_78 Posts: 2
    edited June 2017
    Yeah leave the champs alone. There's ways to beat him...Jane Foster actually does pretty good with a heavy attack to stop his power gain.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Hyperion power gain buff needs to stop at SP1and make his SP1 unblockable