**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Event Quest: Infinity Nightmare

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I feel like that the more difficult the uncollected gets the more people will play.

You mean the more people will whine. If they barely, barely made uncollected and can only beat uncollected event quests using a ton of revives and potions, they’ll whine “moneygrab”!

Moneygrab = I can't do it...
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I feel like that the more difficult the uncollected gets the more people will play.

You mean the more people will whine. If they barely, barely made uncollected and can only beat uncollected event quests using a ton of revives and potions, they’ll whine “moneygrab”!

The problem with getting uncollected is that anyone with 4/40s can do it. The lower skilled player can do it because if they’ve got 4/40 then they can hold a combo for a short while. All they need to do is hit the collector a few times, bane will knock him down a bit and revive and repeat. The trouble is when that same player comes to uncollected monthly quests and expects it to all be simple just because they killed the collector.

The collector is a known money grab, it is expected that you will have to spend units on it. Everyone understands that, so the expectation is to use revives. Nobody complains and people just revive through it. That sort of “challenge” is not enough to gauge whether someone can complete uncollected monthly quests where the aspiration is to not use any revives. People come from the collector straight to uncollected monthly and think it’ll be plain sailing from then on, where in some ways monthly is harder than the collector because if you’re using revives each month on it, it’s not cost effective for the rewards.

That’s why people complain, the uncollected title is not worth as much as it used to be.
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136
    May17 wrote: »
    I have a question for those who beat thanos at the master level. How did u guys manage to pass his 2nd infinity stone activation? The health generation is unreal. I couldn’t get it down to below 91%. I had 5* 3/5 wolverine x-25, 4* Angela, 4* magik, 5* 3/5 Miles Spider-Man, and 5* 3/5 moonlight. And all unduped except magik.

Parry stun him or evade him til the timer runs out on his armor for that stone. He won’t life steal from you while it’s not active.
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136
    Another reason why I see a lot of people struggling with this event is the teams they’re taking in. You need at least 1 that’s tagged #Avengers (#New Avengers doesn’t count). If you try this without any avengers you will likely be dropping units or potions. I took in 4/55 hawkeye, 4/55 rulk, 4/55 SL, 4/55 Hyperion, and 5/50 hulk. Blade isn’t required, the trinity isn’t required. But for most people at least 1 avenger is.
    I practiced several times through and managed to finally clear with 1 solo revive on hawkeye, and that was totally my fault for missing an evade on the last bit of the 2nd boss (death stone). He was a lot of fun, a unique challenge, and not at all a unit sink. The inverted controls were surprising at first, but just required patience. The rest of the stones too just required patience to wait out the effects. Some stones you benefitted from being able to parry, but you also have to be able to intercept.
  • SirHaloFanSirHaloFan Posts: 1
    Anyone know when the Trials of Thanos thing gonna end? I am going to need run for at least another 20ish days if i wan to get the 4 star from the infinity duste
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Adding kinetic reactor on top of power gain 100% for IM boss is complete overkill i mean seriously are you trying to tick us off bc you do this on a freaking daily basis.

Who brilliant idea was to do that huh? Secondly you guys never test any monthly quest to see if everything is fine..i understand uncollected suppose to be hard but adding kinectic reactor with power gain 100% is beyond stupid.

I had trouble with him bc before i can even try and do any damage he gains his specials really fast like tell me how power drains champ can be the solution if they get killed before even having a real chance!!!!!
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    Adding kinetic reactor on top of power gain 100% for IM boss is complete overkill i mean seriously are you trying to tick us off bc you do this on a freaking daily basis.

Who brilliant idea was to do that huh? Secondly you guys never test any monthly quest to see if everything is fine..i understand uncollected suppose to be hard but adding kinectic reactor with power gain 100% is beyond stupid.

I had trouble with him bc before i can even try and do any damage he gains his specials really fast like tell me how power drains champ can be the solution if they get killed before even having a real chance!!!!!

We are complaining about the Iron Man boss? Really?
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590

Dont lie and say you had no trouble even skillful players get their butts handed to them lol
    edited May 2018

Dont lie and say you had no trouble even skillful players get their butts handed to them lol

I can honestly say that Uncollected Iron Man cost me zero items to get through. Practiced on 1st Thanos until I could beat him and then revived on 2nd Thanos because I didn't want to bother with practicing on him. Not bragging, lots of people play better than I do.
  • May17May17 Posts: 15
    ninexhelix wrote: »
    I have a question for those who beat thanos at the master level. How did u guys manage to pass his 2nd infinity stone activation? The health generation is unreal. I couldn’t get it down to below 91%. I had 5* 3/5 wolverine x-25, 4* Angela, 4* magik, 5* 3/5 Miles Spider-Man, and 5* 3/5 moonlight. And all unduped except magik.

Parry stun him or evade him til the timer runs out on his armor for that stone. He won’t life steal from you while it’s not active.

Will need to practice parry. Just saw on YouTube how to do it properly. While he is on 2nd stone, every time I hit him I lose health from contact rather quickly. How long is the timer? I hope his sp3 won’t kick in by then while trying not to engage him.
    edited May 2018

7sobs12yoj2h.png
    p3zmjslw3zij.png
    I believe I handed his butt to him.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★

7sobs12yoj2h.png
    p3zmjslw3zij.png

Lol you got those off Reddit
    Snizzbar wrote: »

7sobs12yoj2h.png
    p3zmjslw3zij.png

xgbk5yoaoghs.png
    Try again.

7sobs12yoj2h.png
    p3zmjslw3zij.png

xgbk5yoaoghs.png
    Try again.

Cool story bro
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★

7sobs12yoj2h.png
    p3zmjslw3zij.png

xgbk5yoaoghs.png
    Try again.

Cool story bro

7ugiudfegin9.jpg

Besides,
    I managed to luck out with one FGMC and landed 5* Corvus, Just playing around with him I can see that his damage can ramp up pretty quickly as long as you get the right fights, while the spotlight says he’ll be a decent legend run option I can’t quite see it, since unless the path you’re running as Tech/ avenger/ mutant/ evade or autoblock champ then he won’t be as strong as say gwenpool or blade. I do have a few questions however.

How does Corvus’ signature ability scale? For example with the 5* I can see that level 200 is 40% decrease in downtime, what is it at sig level 1?

The true damage buff, that is only active while he has immunity, I’m assuming the true strike ability with Proxima is the same?

With The avengers mission, Corvus gets ten extra glaive charges when fighting avengers. Is that ten extra at the start of the fight, or ten extra every time his immunity resets?

^I'm not making that up.
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★
    I feel really bad for kabam having to deal with so many complaints from players just because they aren't good at the game.

I am free to play and this months uncollected quest took all of 100 units to complete - 1 team revive on the final thanos fight (excluding energy refills, which I spent by choice). Yes, I watched some videos, and I went in 3 times first before committing to bringing the fights down, but these are very fun and interactive fights. They can be learned, and they remind me of boss fights from old school games where you had to learn phases/mechanics one by one, and yes you get wrecked the first few times you try, but you get better and better and you get it down eventually.

To Kabam - I am super happy with the design of this months quest. I found the Thanos fight super enjoyable, and I am glad you decided to make it so there were no enemies leading up to allow us to just practice and enjoy this great experience.

To anyone complaining - if you can't get through this, you just don't have the skill. It is not a money grab by kabam, they are not trying to make you pay, they just want you to have a fun and challenging fight that makes you think.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, but I hope the developers know that there are a lot of people who really enjoyed this quest design.

• Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★

7sobs12yoj2h.png
    p3zmjslw3zij.png

xgbk5yoaoghs.png
    Try again.

i was able to clear him too but only because i got to him with full 5*R4 team.
    i can't figure out how to fight him when you can't parry and even intercept failed.
    what was your strategy? intercept and hope for luck or something more reliable?
    facing him in war going to be a real nightmare.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Maybe it was a glitch but I parried his first medium every so often. Otherwise intercepted and used Hyperion sp2 for a stun to stack a few furies and then spammed sp1 so he had about 6 incinerate stacks on him for when he started auto-blocking
    Carmel1 wrote: »

7sobs12yoj2h.png
    p3zmjslw3zij.png

xgbk5yoaoghs.png
    Try again.

i was able to clear him too but only because i got to him with full 5*R4 team.
    i can't figure out how to fight him when you can't parry and even intercept failed.
    what was your strategy? intercept and hope for luck or something more reliable?
    facing him in war going to be a real nightmare.

Stay close to him, more likely to use his light attack. Although with Corvus as you can see I did only need 2 combos and, a couple of hits and an sp1. Also his true strike cancelled out the autoblock. Corvus is just an iron man IW counter.
    ninexhelix wrote: »
    Another reason why I see a lot of people struggling with this event is the teams they’re taking in. You need at least 1 that’s tagged #Avengers (#New Avengers doesn’t count). If you try this without any avengers you will likely be dropping units or potions. I took in 4/55 hawkeye, 4/55 rulk, 4/55 SL, 4/55 Hyperion, and 5/50 hulk. Blade isn’t required, the trinity isn’t required. But for most people at least 1 avenger is.
    I practiced several times through and managed to finally clear with 1 solo revive on hawkeye, and that was totally my fault for missing an evade on the last bit of the 2nd boss (death stone). He was a lot of fun, a unique challenge, and not at all a unit sink. The inverted controls were surprising at first, but

7sobs12yoj2h.png
    p3zmjslw3zij.png

xgbk5yoaoghs.png
    Try again.

Interesting, you added a low rank midnight to boost the effects of some of your champs instead of using another high ranking champ. Was that just for fun or does it really make a big difference?
    Sorry,ignore the above comment. It was meant for bittersteel. Somehow old text still popped up to cause problems before I could realize it.
    Sorry,ignore the above comment. It was meant for bittersteel. Somehow old text still popped up to cause problems before I could realize it.

I took Proxima because she has a synergy with Corvus that makes him have true strike when he has glaive charges. That means they cancel out autoblock, so Iron man is at a disadvantage. True strike also ignores evade so he’s an evade/autoblock counter.
    Guy_Noir wrote: »

7sobs12yoj2h.png
    p3zmjslw3zij.png

xgbk5yoaoghs.png
    Try again.

Cool story bro

Lmao you essentially accused him of lying, and he makes you look like an idiot and all you got is cool story bro?

You hear that whooshing? It's the sound of something going right over your head

7sobs12yoj2h.png
    p3zmjslw3zij.png

xgbk5yoaoghs.png
    Try again.

Cool story bro

Lmao you essentially accused him of lying, and he makes you look like an idiot and all you got is cool story bro?

Ah the classic defence of pretend you were joking. You know it’s alright to admit mistakes?
    edited May 2018

7sobs12yoj2h.png
    p3zmjslw3zij.png

xgbk5yoaoghs.png
    Try again.

Cool story bro

Ah the classic defence of pretend you were joking. You know it’s alright to admit mistakes?

If I was being serious I would have come straight out and called you a damn liar. Certainly wouldn't have had 'Lol' anywhere in the post. Looooolllll

7sobs12yoj2h.png
    p3zmjslw3zij.png

xgbk5yoaoghs.png
    Try again.

Cool story bro

If I was being serious I would have come straight out and called you a damn liar. Certainly wouldn't have had 'Lol' anywhere in the post. Looooolllll

Cool story bro

7sobs12yoj2h.png
    p3zmjslw3zij.png

xgbk5yoaoghs.png
    Try again.

Cool story bro

Cool story bro

Thanks