**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Infinity dungeons.

CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
These seemed like a good idea but in practice they are a pain in the butt.

Needing another person online to coordinate with you to complete a timed dungeon is frustrating. Especially if you have work/family commitments that don’t allow you to be on at the popular times of day.

The match making feature is garbage. I have tried doing this about 6-8 times and only once have I found a decent partner.
The rest of the time it’s either a person/bot that doesn’t move, or someone who loses 2 champs in the first room of map 4.

They are still time consuming, even after the point increase, (though thanks for looking at that).

Please don’t add 2 player content like this without improving the matchmaking option. Create a way to exit a dungeon without having to wait for it to timeout. And also add a way to report a person if they do join and purposefully not move.

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Cuteshelf wrote: »

Needing another person online to coordinate with you to complete a timed dungeon is frustrating. Especially if you have work/family commitments that don’t allow you to be on at the popular times of day.

The match making feature is garbage. I have tried doing this about 6-8 times and only once have I found a decent partner.
    The rest of the time it’s either a person/bot that doesn’t move, or someone who loses 2 champs in the first room of map 4.

They are still time consuming, even after the point increase, (though thanks for looking at that).

Please don’t add 2 player content like this without improving the matchmaking option. Create a way to exit a dungeon without having to wait for it to timeout. And also add a way to report a person if they do join and purposefully not move.

How many rooms of D4 do you want to clear in a sitting? (I hate D4 because it takes same time to award same points as D3)

What times can you play? (I am in central timezone and have a job).

I am able to meet my targets daily and can help out. Add me if you need - rockykoston.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    D4 is significantly better now than d3. More so after they buffed the points for Dungeon 4,5 and 6.
    For comparison, Dungeon 3 room 5 gives 800 points. Dungeon 4 room 3 gives 880 points.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    Cuteshelf wrote: »

I agree. Dungeon still needs improvement. But looks like it's here to stay as another form of grinding.

Until things get improved though, I recommend collecting a new set of friends so that every time you want to dungeon, you just invite all of your friends that's online. Initially, it was hard for me to do unscheduled dungeons. Now that i have a bit of new dungeon friends, it's a lot easier now.
  • Thank you all for your feedback,

While we have already made some improvements to Infinity Dungeons that should help mitigate the issues that we have seen (like improving scoring and difficulty), we are looking into more improvements that can be made to Infinity Dungeons, including some improvements to Matchmaking.

We realize how frustrating it can be to be set up with another player that just isn't at the same level as you are, or that doesn't actually play when you've been matched up, and that's not an experience we want you all to have. We don't have any more information that we can share right now, but as soon as we do, we will let you know!
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    Thank you all for your feedback,

While we have already made some improvements to Infinity Dungeons that should help mitigate the issues that we have seen (like improving scoring and difficulty), we are looking into more improvements that can be made to Infinity Dungeons, including some improvements to Matchmaking.

We realize how frustrating it can be to be set up with another player that just isn't at the same level as you are, or that doesn't actually play when you've been matched up, and that's not an experience we want you all to have. We don't have any more information that we can share right now, but as soon as we do, we will let you know!

Are we expecting any further changes? Your comment suggests that you are going to make few changes but you also say that you can't share it now. I hope you know that dungeons are going to stay for like 1 more month only.