**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I got hammered. what do you think?

I do not know where to start to express what I think.
I thought about writing whether or not couse I probably risk ban.
I start from the end.
Yesterday my alliance was punished.
A Kabam mail arrived to the leader saying that one or more members of the alliance used piloting during the war.
I am responsible.
I was abroad for a few days and a couple of days I asked an alliance member to log in for me because I would not be able to run the line as usual and I could have some delays.
I apologized to everyone.
I have a wife, two daughters a job.
There are some aspects that I would have clarified if possible, knowing full well that I was wrong and I pay and I will pay the consequences:
Premise:
- As an alliance we decided not to play AQ map 6 because as timing we would not be able to complete it systematically. Although we all have the skills, characters and resources to do so and aspire to much better rewards.
- Personally I play very few dungeons, even if I like them a lot, because it takes a long time to organize and play them.
- In the arenas I was used to grind almost 7 million, for a month now I play only those cata.
- I know from direct experience that some ally resort to the systematic multilog in AQ map 6, both asking members of the same ally and/or paying outside to do so.
- I know for sure that some players are paid to log in with other accounts of other alliances, to play AQ and War.
- I know for sure that there are paid services on the Internet that offer the possibility of making arenas, to buy accounts with top pg, to get it done with ROL and LOL.

I wanted to ask:
1) Do you really think that for 9 consecutive weeks all 30 members of an ally, from now on, should be able to log and play every 3 or 4 hours in the war? What happens if I have an unexpected problem? If I have a medical examination? If I'm at a point where the connection does not work? If my phone breaks?
2) Why is piloting punished only for wars and not for QA?
3) Is there a tolerance limit such that if a member of the same ally logs for me, let's say, twice a week, there are no punishments? (not external to ally but members of the same)

I do not have the solution but I think that disintegrating the game to those who ask a member of the same ally to play in his absence in case of an emergency, is not the same as asking and paying someone else to do it.

The longer you ask me to play the game, the less I feel willing to give it.
I have characters that can play at high levels, although I'm limited in time available, I accept it and I try to give priority to some aspects of the game, but you can not ask me to be present from Wednesday to Tuesday all the holy days. Especially the weekend I would like to stay with my family, sacrificing the gain in game. but if due to the lack of time on some weekends, mine or of one of the other 29 people, I have to play for 3 star fragments ... maybe my time, and that of tenti, in this game is coming to an end after years of play and money spent.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @MCOC Team

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    It's a mobile game and it shouldn't be your life. You don't have to get the best rewards and or be on all the time to get them. You choose to do that. Your alliance isn't the only one that exists and it dosen't have a gun to your head.

Exactly...it's only a mobile game...which is currently designed to take up too much time.

I can guarantee there are at least 5 members who share accounts in every alliance, even if only done it once.

That goes to all levels too, more so at the top as some requests to join the "big" alliances, you have to agree that someone will do all the fights for you beforehand.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    It's a mobile game and it shouldn't be your life. You don't have to get the best rewards and or be on all the time to get them. You choose to do that. Your alliance isn't the only one that exists and it dosen't have a gun to your head.

Exactly...it's only a mobile game...which is currently designed to take up too much time.

I can guarantee there are at least 5 members who share accounts in every alliance, even if only done it once.

That goes to all levels too, more so at the top as some requests to join the "big" alliances, you have to agree that someone will do all the fights for you beforehand.

"which is currently designed to take up too much time"

pretty obvious this is how mobile game works, but this guy obvious plays map 6 from OP post..

u want to be in a top allaince? then all 30 members need to be active, if not, go join a retired or casual allaiance
    that doesnt ask for to much, SURE you dont get rewards u want but yea thats how it is.

top allliances only want top players/accounts witch resulted in PILOTING because, if there was a way to prevent less deaths by making the "best" player do all the fights, they would. THERE was no penalty....to that

all you had to have was a stacked aw defense/aw atck team and ur good to join any high tier allaince that would be happy to play for u! but the thing is...having a high end stacked account is NOT cheap at cost time TIME/Money invested into the game.

but to also have skill? that wasnt needed because there was pilots who would do it for u.

unless ur brian grant whos "job" is to play mcoc 24/7 as a ftp player then you are asking way to much.

but kabam is trying to limit it so that 1 person is accounted for his/her account

how do u feel if theres 1 person doing all 30 members fights in aw? because that has happened..

it's your personal fault u have"life" family" job" into the mix but if you dont have the time to do "everything" in the game then so be it, just prioritize it.
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 265

how do u feel if theres 1 person doing all 30 members fights in aw? because that has happened..

it's your personal fault u have"life" family" job" into the mix but if you dont have the time to do "everything" in the game then so be it, just prioritize it.

That is what I'm asking for: I'm already propritizing it, I do not run map 6 nor playing dungeons whene there's war.

"I do not have the solution but I think that disintegrating the game to those who ask a member of the same ally to play in his absence in case of an emergency, is not the same as asking and paying someone else to do it."

I'm aware of at last one player taking money to log in and fight for at last 15 ppl in an ally. couse come'on I can't even go out with the boat half a day, where the phone does not take. I do not think we can compare the two things
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    You broke the ToS, you got punished. Don't expect sympathy from me.

However, I do think this game stresses players too much. Too much dailies, too high energy costs, no room for working people in alliances,... Kabam should really think what kind of game they want.
    You broke the ToS, you got punished. Don't expect sympathy from me.

However, I do think this game stresses players too much. Too much dailies, too high energy costs, no room for working people in alliances,... Kabam should really think what kind of game they want.

I'm not here to ask or pretend sympathy to no one.
    As you also write these game is asking too mutch IMHO, and it does not have the same yardstick for AW AND AQ. Nor have a sort of tollerance for those who ask an ally memeber to log-in once in while and those ally who sistemticaly pay someone else to do theyr nodes.
    Haji_Saab give some interesting solution maybe?

chunkyb wrote: »
    "I understand it takes doing x, y, z to get a certain level of rewards. But I don't agree with that. I want the rewards without having to do those things. Just give me my rewards. It's very unfair of you to not give me the rewards when I have clearly stated that I want them"

That is not even close to what my post is for. I'm sorry you interpret it this way.
    I hope you can always log-in any given day for 9 weeks without ever having sudden commitments or impossibility to login
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I do agree with the gist of your post. Creating AW and AQ that require every single member to be on without any room for vacation pushes people to ToS violations. I have suggested this before, that we need to have a reserve slot(s) in the alliance. Make the battlegroups 8 people. Give some leeway. It is not practical to leave the alliance and find another if you have an emergency.

P.S. I haven't yet given my details to anyone nor has anyone piloted me but I know too many people who do that and I don't blame them.
    I just think the maximum amount of players in an alliance should be raised to 35 IMO.
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    You see the thing is , all the events that are "way too time demanding" are there for people who have the time .
    When you go to a buffet you don't HAVE to eat everything just because it's there 😊
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    And for those who think allience member cap should be raised ,it only takes 27 ppl to 100% aw & 24 to 100% aq map5
    Map 6 wasn't intended to be done all the time as stated by kabaam mods

As for your other complaints, just find a balance, dude. Find an alliance that works for you.

I Agree and I'm doing so right now.
    Spera wrote: »
    When you go to a buffet you don't HAVE to eat everything just because it's there 😊

ok but in a buffet I can choose what to stomach. I can choose caviar and not maple syrup or I can choose to take a slice of salmon instead of three. Here it does not work exactly the same way. And I already consciously give up map 6 for time reasons. Now, I will also limit myself to war because I can not guarantee 100% presence in all the weekends of the season, maybe I can, but for fear of unexpected events I will avoid.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    How do we know that you were away on an emergency and hence an ally member played for you? Maybe you were weak to get the job done and hence the ally member piloted for you? Come on this is against TOS and amounts to cheating. Do you write a leave letter to kabam stating, I'm going on leave and let my ally friend run for me? It is totally wrong because other alliances who do it fair and square are at disadvantage because of this. So you want rewards, you let better guy run all the time? Very incorrect.
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    How do we know that you were away on an emergency and hence an ally member played for you? Maybe you were weak to get the job done and hence the ally member piloted for you? Come on this is against TOS and amounts to cheating. Do you write a leave letter to kabam stating, I'm going on leave and let my ally friend run for me? It is totally wrong because other alliances who do it fair and square are at disadvantage because of this. So you want rewards, you let better guy run all the time? Very incorrect.

Do you really think I'm so idiot to do something and write something else? I'm not asking for nothing nor trying to have something back (there'are nothing to call back couse I was wrong). What I write is what I have done and this post is just to point out that there are 2 different treatments and asking if we can have a different game mechanics to let us have a bit more private time during weekends.

2 plus years and no one had pioloting me in war or aq couse I was not able to do something. It matters nothing but I have done act 5 100% have blade r5 spark r4 and ghost. I'm not the best or one of the best player but fear not I can do mine route and kill the samiboss 95% of the time without dying
  • ScotchScotch Posts: 24
    Besides this game, I also play on a team in a dart league. If something comes up in my life and I can't make it to the tavern to play darts, my team has to play without me, a teammate can't just throw for me. We won't get as many points towards making the playoffs, but that's how it goes. This game is not, and shouldn't be, any different.
  • IdelestIdelest Posts: 43
    @Griffoplay man there is no grey area here. Sharing the account is against the rules and therefore you can expect to receive up to the maximum punishment for doing so. You sound like a reasonable person so I'm sure you understand that it is quite impossible for kabam to interview and judge each person individually based on their circumstances. We were all warned, multiple times. Not everyone will be banned, but like any set of rules, people break them, some get caught, some don't. Its a regular aspect of life. By having a friend cover for you during a busy situation you are betting that you won't get caught. Its a gamble and this time it didn't pay off.

As far as your questions in your post:

1. War takes a total of about 15 minutes of gameplay. Look up any war videos on youtube the entire war only requires a few minutes of effort and you have 24 hours to put in those 15 minutes, spread out. If that is too busy, it would be a good move to go to an alliance that does not run war or is more understanding about missing war.
    2. Piloting is more serious in war right now because the rewards are larger and the mode is more competitive than AQ. Piloting is equally offensive in AQ and when AQ becomes more competitive again expect more bans for piloting.
    3. Not sure if kabam has a tolerance limit but if they asked me (and I expect a lot of people), I would say no, there is a 0 tolerance policy when it comes to piloting. Its a competitive game and if you can't compete at a certain level there is absolutely nothing wrong with competing at a different level. Trust me we won't judge you for spending less time in the game in fact most people congratulate players who manage to tone down their time in game by either retiring or moving to a slower alliance.

My 2 cents. Its nice that you've opened this thread for commenting on your situation to generate a discussion. Hope you and your alliance recover from whatever the punishment was.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    yeah but the probleme is that peoples themselves have reported piloting for such long time as unfair now they have to live with bans when doing it
    Idelest wrote: »
    My 2 cents. Its nice that you've opened this thread for commenting on your situation to generate a discussion. Hope you and your alliance recover from whatever the punishment was.

Thanks for your words. The original intent is precisely to create a starting point for discussion and maybe find a solution for the future. Because it is true that I have made a conscious mistake, and I take the consequences, but it is also true that the penalties, even by law, are different according to the reasons that led you to break the rules.

I sincerely hope that my alliance can get up quickly especially because I have left them in this situation. Another interesting point could be to detail more to the leader who has violated the rules. because if it had not been me to say it, even before it was asked, how could a leader come to know who broke the rules?
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    1. Doing war wouldn’t cost you 3-4 hours a day. You fight maximum 8 matches (if you are boss killer), which is about 20 minutes max. Normally, people fight 5-6 matches per war at best, so stop complaining about that.

2. If unexpected problems happen, simply don’t play, don’t pilot, and forfeit this war if you can’t afford to play. Life should be prioritized before game.

3. No tolerance limit should be accepted, if you lose the war for whatever reason, it’s because the other ally has more time, is more skillful, or plays more honestly than you ally does (thanks to Kabam new enforcement on piloting disease)

4. Spend more time with you family, don’t play map 6, don’t grind arena. Game is for fun, it’s not a job.
  • Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    Griffoplay wrote: »
    "I understand it takes doing x, y, z to get a certain level of rewards. But I don't agree with that. I want the rewards without having to do those things. Just give me my rewards. It's very unfair of you to not give me the rewards when I have clearly stated that I want them"

That is not even close to what my post is for. I'm sorry you interpret it this way.
    I hope you can always log-in any given day for 9 weeks without ever having sudden commitments or impossibility to login

I think everyone understands that people have commitments and emergencies. The issue is that honest players and Alliances accept the fact that when these things happen, everyone else needs to step up if they want to get the rewards they are accustomed to. If not, then you take the hit and move on. Other players and Alliances choose to cheat by using pilots in order to get the rewards they feel they deserve when confronted with the same issues. That makes them come off as entitled.

In your case, the incident that made you miss time was a planned business trip. You could easily have chosen to sacrifice for the good of your Alliance mates and found a replacement to sub in for you while you were gone, then rejoined when you got back home. You chose to get one of your mates to pilot your account for you so that you would get the rewards even though you knew you were risking action against your Alliance and that Kabam was cracking down on piloting.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    Griffoplay wrote: »

As for your other complaints, just find a balance, dude. Find an alliance that works for you.

I Agree and I'm doing so right now.
    Spera wrote: »

ok but in a buffet I can choose what to stomach. I can choose caviar and not maple syrup or I can choose to take a slice of salmon instead of three. Here it does not work exactly the same way. And I already consciously give up map 6 for time reasons. Now, I will also limit myself to war because I can not guarantee 100% presence in all the weekends of the season, maybe I can, but for fear of unexpected events I will avoid.

Yes you can choose what to stomach.. But once you're full you can't step out and let someone else take your place.. You can't say to the manager, oh something came up I only ate 2 plates worth so my really good friend is taking my place to carry on eating..

As for what if it's an emergency.. You need to prioritise.. Real Life vs A Game.. Which comes first? I know damn well when I had 17 minutes to complete some content and my daughter slammed her finger in the door.. THE GAME AND MY PHONE WENT DOWN IMMEDIATELY!!! and I got her to the hospital.. I didn't ask anyone to complete it for me I didn't try and complete it while at the hospital.. I didn't even think of it as it's just a game.. Trying to use the whole what about an emergency excuse is an extremely poor one.. It's against TOS and always has been, no excuses for doing..
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I have been playing for several years, but I've always been able to log in and do my paths even with work, vacation, cruises, etc. I do think it would be ok to make things easier by removing some links, or increasing aq/aw energy.
    1. Doing war wouldn’t cost you 3-4 hours a day. You fight maximum 8 matches (if you are boss killer), which is about 20 minutes max. Normally, people fight 5-6 matches per war at best, so stop complaining about that.

I never said it takes me 3/4 hours to finish a war. But I have to log every 3/4 hours to move forward and it can happen someone have a problem.
    Cujo999 wrote: »
    In your case, the incident that made you miss time was a planned business trip. You could easily have chosen to sacrifice for the good of your Alliance mates and found a replacement to sub in for you while you were gone, then rejoined when you got back home. You chose to get one of your mates to pilot your account for you so that you would get the rewards even though you knew you were risking action against your Alliance and that Kabam was cracking down on piloting.

I do not think about it, you are right. all I think about was that asking someone else to log-in for me was not so a big problem (to tell the truth I was worried that he would not die on the way), pay it and learn about it it is fair. I would like to ask you: would you like to a game system in which the absence of half a day can be tolerated. Then obviously those who have more time will have more resources/rewards, but who can put on the plate a limited time during the weekend, according to you, even if minor, should have the opportunity to reach certain rewards?

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    The easy solution is find the right alliance. It seems like you want to be in a more active alliance but don’t have the time so I don’t see why you are there. If you need to take a vacation then leave the alliance and join back up when you can get back on the game and play your own account
    Riegel wrote: »
    I have been playing for several years, but I've always been able to log in and do my paths even with work, vacation, cruises, etc.

Same here for almost 2 years too. almost couse in a couple of weeks it will be exactly 2 years. :)
    Riegel wrote: »
    I do think it would be ok to make things easier by removing some links, or increasing aq/aw energy.

that is intresting
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Fact is, I respect your honesty. However, as was stated, it's just a game. Which means if you can't be around, then you can't be around. I don't see the AQ and AW obligations as a justification. If you can't play, people have to deal with that without breaking the rules.
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Cheaters never prosper
This discussion has been closed.