**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My new 5*, is he good?

So I pulled an 5* iron patriot. how good is he?

JK I pulled 5* Mordo. Heard hes an terrible attacker but good for AW defense. What node is the best for him? and if hes a good attacker, why? how should I use him? also is he better duped? any tips would be appreciated, thanks!

My new 5*, is he good? 75 votes

He is good
26%
Dexman1349AxeCopFireJadedSIlverProfessorFoxhero007WaynedavySavio444vinniegainzG0311Danny_ElitehunteraWildeCatRicemanshadow_lurker22PaytoPlayCats73Reaper213Rob6cx234333SavageBreaker69 20 votes
He is ok
33%
StavelotXoteGolden_GuardianCarmel1MegaSkater67A_Noob_Is1AjavedJRock808buffajrzuffyDaredevi1Fan7SpeedbumpVladislas22Sac123_NOOOOOOOOPEEEEEGeneralDCxananabananaCupidMcord117FLOATStaojay1 25 votes
He is trash
25%
DL864Darkstar4387LovingkidINTEGRALwSWeaponXbryce7mDmack976637BM670FR33_HUG5BigTimeDev10999BahamutUltimatechampionDRTOConquestor_VWinner66615spaceoctopusVoltolosCharionna 19 votes
He is better duped
8%
Ravenrob_33GQuantaoWingTSEMy_SuperiorSoulBreaker1229Uvrg1111 6 votes
He is better unduped
0%
Just for AW defense (say what node)
6%
Feeney234SpiritOfVengeanceXFA_RebootedXLR8spiderbites0196 5 votes

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    He is good
    I have a duped 5* mordo he is good on aw defense and some questing
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Mordo is not the best attacker in the world but I think he is a bit under rated as an attacker. If you play him well, build up fury and power and take advantage of the stuns he can be a decent attacker on top of being a good defender. That makes him a decent dual purpose champion.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    He is ok
    For a skilled player, mordo is not really challenging to fight, especially since he doesn't hit that hard on the sp3. As an attacker, he could be useful for power shield nodes (look up joel line's video on youtube). Duping is mostly for prestige, but maybe you could use him against the collector (blocking unblockable specials, and energy resist)?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Terrible attacker?

Only against MD in war and only if you stack heavies.

10 furies makes short work of most, almost constant degen from SP1, stun protection and SP2 will melt a bunch of annoying buff heavy champs in all other parts of the contest.

A pretty handy regen on SP3 if you get hit a lot.

The dupe isn't really needed.

Go find a black panther civil war to duel and hit him while his armor is active, its about the funnest thing to do ingame.
    edited May 2018
    If you use him on defense, don't place him on a stun immune node but depending where you're at it likely doesn't matter where he is placed because no one gets kills in high tier war, for normal peoples war most know not to hit him while stunned.

Low tier or noob war, mordo is one of those annoying defenders that will probably catch out a lot of idiots who parry/combo their way through the game without thinking about it.

Increased power gain or buff duration is where I think he would be useful but I don't war so wait for others to provide better intel.
    You have to parry him while the armor is active, you need to stun BPCW for the lols.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    He is ok
    Even better, fight bpcw with bpcw
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    He is trash
    Sorry dude
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    Just for AW defense (say what node)
    Depends on War tier...
  • He is ok
    Can I override my vote by using a fill-in?
    ... Mordo is weird. He’s a GC mystic that relies on the finesse of his heavy and SP1 to get the most damage when he is not facing the “Lots o’ Buffs” Champs where he can use his SP2. Even there, to maximize his damage, you have to hold the heavy. He’s a good AW defender who is better when the attacker can’t see what who the champ is and only the class is given. Otherwise, the player is prepared and makes easy work of Mordo.
  • He is ok
    phillgreen wrote: »
    If you use him on defense, don't place him on a stun immune node but depending where you're at it likely doesn't matter where he is placed because no one gets kills in high tier war, for normal peoples war most know not to hit him while stunned.

Low tier or noob war, mordo is one of those annoying defenders that will probably catch out a lot of idiots who parry/combo their way through the game without thinking about it.

Increased power gain or buff duration is where I think he would be useful but I don't war so wait for others to provide better intel.

That’s 100%. Mordo gets kills off of catching the attacker off guard if they brought in a champ expecting a different mystic.
  • He is ok
    I also remember fighting a Mordo in the modok’s labs type of quest with a boosted attack/health. The the only concern I had was that he had mesmerize. When I fought him with some random champ, the mesmerize and his astral evade synergized in such a weird way to where if mesmerize triggered, it also applied the degen and obviously left me stunned. And I couldn’t get a clean hit off because it happened every time. It was the weirdest glitch interaction that I have ever seen. I can’t even remember it was so weird..... so maybe throw him on mesmerize nodes if there are any for AW. I doubt kabam fixed that yet.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    He is good
    ^^^ Agreed. He is easy to counter if the attacker knows they're facing him.

He's very similar to a stun-immune champ and can generate some good kills in lower-tiered wars, but like BPCW in higher-tiered wars the attackers will walk through him.

I like him as an attacker as he's fun to play and does have some protections against AI who can stun (like the Mesmerize buff or if you get stunned by a special attack), but he really doesn't do much on attack that you can't find in better options elsewhere.

If you can charge his heavy attack and stack his 10 Fury buffs, he can hit like a freight train. Unfortunately, against the harder content you won't have the time to get them built up
    I think I used mordo exclusively during that special event when the 7% mesmerise proc 80% of the time for the AI.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    He is ok
    He's good for fighting defenders on mesmorize, adaptive, and resistor nodes- along with high buff champs. Pretty quick arena fight also. He really requires keeping his fury buffs going from heavy charging to get decent damage. Wish he wasn't so flimsy or I'd quest with him more. Regen is kind of unreliable at times, but I enjoy playing with him.
  • SoulBreaker1229SoulBreaker1229 Posts: 228
    He is better duped
    Everyone's better duped!
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    He is good
    He is a good attacker. Can charge furies with heavy and constantly heal himself by using s3.