**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Is Red Hulk worth awakening

Is Red Hulk worth awakening 79 votes

Yes
73%
StavelotXoteSnizzbarMegaSkater67AjavedSIlverProfessorSpeedbumpphillgreenIOSJasoNMagrailothosRavenrob_33WalkinhighlightMasterTroller42Foxhero007KozelDarkMityAntYjgovtheSavio444ShaheerFIazvinniegainzSpiderCools 58 votes
No
26%
MattyloAlex_sc11BitterSteelSpity68vg2782buffajrYotzTonyStarkGoldenSkullSuperSam57NiteAndDae_GRINDER_Jayfighter88KDSuperFlash10Al_AhadHKGNxintrepidxShadow_Force01Bucky_7Invicta_HellionMIlantit 21 votes

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Love Rulk after the buff.

Heavy hitter that doesn't need to get hit a lot to be useful. Wrecking ball against mystics.
  • Winner66615Winner66615 Posts: 129
    Is he the best option or should I wait for void and Luke cage
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I’d probably wait for Void or Cage but RH is a good option too as it allows him to marathon against large enemies
  • Yes
    Is he the best option or should I wait for void and Luke cage
    When it comes to the science debate like this, everyone has their own opinion. I Red hulk has the most reliability when it comes to overall damage in fights against ANY champion. You know that he hits very hard when he’s at 10 heat charges. There is 100% to gain 2 by using L1s. With Luke cage’s and void’s damage, there is always the phrase “it depends on.” With Luke cage, his great damage comes from debuff quantity. His basic hits have a chance to apply exhaustion. His L3 does apply 4, but there hasn’t been a specific way to play cage. He sometimes can have 10 debuffs and others he makes it look like he’s fighting a champ with the “Immunity” node. He's a bit “on-the-fly.” iykwim. With void, his damage comes from placing the each of his intimidating debuffs once to increase the amount of degen. Another example of a small chance at the desired outcome. He also is mainly used for healing and power gain champs. If they aren’t regenerating, void loses out on a ton of damage.

If you like Rulk, and you have the science awakening gem, don’t be afraid to go for it. His Sig ability gives him the ability to reduce and even completely mitigate Mephisto’s aura of incineration damage.

The last thing is the fact that you have Rulk. You don’t have Void or Cage. Just hoping for a champ doesn’t mean you will get him, and with MCOC, it usually does the complete opposite. Trust me, I know............

There’s a saying that has been thrown around for a long time that pretty much sums up my whole argument: “If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride!”
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Yes
    Ww2 like block prof against physical attacks at 10 heat charges + quicker to get to said heat charges. Go for it.
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    Yes
    Rulk is amazing and eats mystics for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's pretty hard to lose with him. High physical resistance at higher dupe levels, great damage, small regen, and incinerate resistance + poison immunity.

I don't even use DV in quests anymore since I have to bring Rulk and the other spots are pretty solid now.

Takes suicide masteries well and still good without.

Kabam did great with the rework of him and LC. I think Rulk is the better of the two, but some in my chat like LC more.
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    I have him both 5* and 6* versions, both unduped.. the first is r4 right now, but don't have the gem nor didn't have the chance to dupe him yet, but he's still decent even unduped!
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    I had a science gem.... have rulk hulk and wwii— awakened hulk. Just my opinion
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Yes
    My red hulk 4* r5 awakened. Destroys most things at 10 heat charges. Specifically mystic champions, so amazing for war. Worth a science gem I would say.
  • WalkinhighlightWalkinhighlight Posts: 134
    Yes
    This thread is perfect for me because I've been sitting on a 5* science gem since december from act 5...been debating and saving it for so long. Waiting to pull a void, gladiator hulk , modok (for defense) or LC. I have terrible rng luck soo, definitely needed this advice also.

Always been scared that what if i pull a red hulk from a 6*...feels like a waste.?
    It happened to me.. I ranked up my Red Hulk to rank 4 and 6 hours later I opened up my second 6*: red hulk
  • WalkinhighlightWalkinhighlight Posts: 134
    Yes
    Il_JooO wrote: »
    It happened to me.. I ranked up my Red Hulk to rank 4 and 6 hours later I opened up my second 6*: red hulk

This my friend is exactly, what I'm deeply afraid of...as im sitting on 9k 6* shards..at this point I might go for the featured down the road...watch it be red hulk LMAO, the rng luck.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Yes
    I think Rulk is a good champion
    Il_JooO wrote: »

This my friend is exactly, what I'm deeply afraid of...as im sitting on 9k 6* shards..at this point I might go for the featured down the road...watch it be red hulk LMAO, the rng luck.

I usually use the 5* Red Hulk for AQ and positioning the 6* in AW and that's it.. however, now that I found Medusa and Iceman, and already ranked 5 my 5* Blade, I have to make a choice on which to rank up now.. can do only one of them, if I hadn't ranked up the 5* Red Hulk now I would have had the catalysts xD

I'm gonna spend all the dust for the t2a and do the two new characters straight to rank 4