**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So, what's the deal with these Chat Bots?

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
I know, main chat is rubbish, no offence, it's just full of idiots 90% of the time, I have even seen guys try to chat up girls!

But ever since dungeons has been a thing, it auto puts me into main chat, and I see is a different named bot giving something away everyday.

Now, I have never gone to see what it is, as I am guessing it's gonna be a virus as soon as you go near the website, I mean I can smell it from here... but can you not just get this stopped?

That's it, I know it doesn't bother anyone, but some kids playing will see it and I am pretty sure they will be hyped up for a giveaway.

Comments

• SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    I am sure that with the "quality" of non-bot folks that populate 90% of global chat, they are clicking the report button on each other left and right...which buries the reports on the bots. Then, when one of these bots/spammers actually gets chat-banned...they just create a new account. I have run into this on most of the online games I have played that have a general chat function. Hopefully the number of people that fall for it is minimal.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Global chat is the least thing they care about I am pretty sure kabam has forgotten it exists which is why it is always occupied with spam.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    i turned off global chat a long long time ago
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    No I completely agree, global is terrible, it’s only since dungeons I have took notice.

And while most of us here know it’s a scam, some don’t come to the forums, some kids will fall for it.
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    Global chat just for bots, Trolls , people want rank ego and Recruiting.
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    I know, main chat is rubbish, no offence, it's just full of idiots 90% of the time, I have even seen guys try to chat up girls!

But ever since dungeons has been a thing, it auto puts me into main chat, and I see is a different named bot giving something away everyday.

Now, I have never gone to see what it is, as I am guessing it's gonna be a virus as soon as you go near the website, I mean I can smell it from here... but can you not just get this stopped?

That's it, I know it doesn't bother anyone, but some kids playing will see it and I am pretty sure they will be hyped up for a giveaway.

I met my wife in that chat so don't be too critical.
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    Voluntaris wrote: »
    i turned off global chat a long long time ago

I didn't even know that was possible until you said that. You're my new best friend.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Rednick69 wrote: »

I met my wife in that chat so don't be too critical.

Give it a few years pal and you will be more critical than me ha ha!

Kidding obviously, fair play to you.
  • SavageBreaker69SavageBreaker69 Posts: 70
    Global chat isn't that bad. But the problem is that there are many immature players just talking trash. This is the real problem of global chat.
  • NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    Just takes a little cleaning up by the player, in my opinion. I bet I've blocked about 500 folks. When I see someone say something dumb or annoying, blocked.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all,

I understand that seeing spam in chat can be annoying. If you see anyone spamming or posting inappropriate content in global chat, please do block and report them. You can do so by clicking on their portrait and choosing " Block" and/or "Report User." This will help us filter out this unwanted content. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.