**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 4 energy reduction

Maybe reducing the energy cost of act 4 from 3 to 2

Comments

• Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I think it would be a good idea to reduce cost but it wouldn't be fair to those of us who have already 100%
  • Options
    Michael_GatchaMichael_Gatcha Posts: 15
    True. Kabam could at lease reduce the cost of energy refills then. Maybe from 30 to 15 units
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    That wouldn’t be fair to the people who already explored it though.
  • Options
    Cosmic_Ray13Cosmic_Ray13 Posts: 302
    I agree! It's insane!
  • Options
    TalveranTalveran Posts: 37
    Kabam could just follow the example of other energy dependent games and have the occasional 24-48 hour "no energy cost" periods.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    I advocated for this before I 100% cleared it, and I still would now.

I don't care if it's 'unfair' to people - including me - who have already done it. The cost only made sense back when Act 4 was the final frontier, and there was far less to spend your time and Energy on.

Last year the cost was dropped for a couple of weeks (can't remember why), and suddenly the forums lit up with threads about how to beat it. That alone tells you that's people are just leaving it to fester because of the massive Energy cost.

Even if the cost doesn't drop permanently, I'd definitely advocate a couple of weeks of reduced Energy cost every now and then (preferably in the second half of the month, when more people have finished clearing out the monthly Event quest).
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    I advocated for this before I 100% cleared it, and I still would now.

I don't care if it's 'unfair' to people - including me - who have already done it. The cost only made sense back when Act 4 was the final frontier, and there was far less to spend your time and Energy on.

Last year the cost was dropped for a couple of weeks (can't remember why), and suddenly the forums lit up with threads about how to beat it. That alone tells you that's people are just leaving it to fester because of the massive Energy cost.

Even if the cost doesn't drop permanently, I'd definitely advocate a couple of weeks of reduced Energy cost every now and then (preferably in the second half of the month, when more people have finished clearing out the monthly Event quest).

It was when war was disabled for a longer period of time. For one week act 4 was free to give people something to do without war. It's possible that aq was down for a week too, I'm not 100% sure on that. I do remember that week. With act 4 already done it was very boring for me personally. But I also remember saying "I wish we had more weeks like this".
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    @Gwendoline I remember that week. It was only 2 energy instead of 3. It's when I finally did one path through it for completion. I then made the mistake of letting it sit for a while but ultimately got it done.

I know there are individual paths in there would cost 3 refills each. It sucked, but I did it.

The energy is what made Act 4 hard. It was before Kabam got creative with the buffs and came out with the crazy $#!+ in act 5.
  • Options
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    @Gwendoline I remember that week. It was only 2 energy instead of 3. It's when I finally did one path through it for completion. I then made the mistake of letting it sit for a while but ultimately got it done.

I know there are individual paths in there would cost 3 refills each. It sucked, but I did it.

The energy is what made Act 4 hard. It was before Kabam got creative with the buffs and came out with the crazy $#!+ in act 5.

Was it just a reduction? I thought it was free. Your memory of this event is better then mine, since I didn't do it (already done after all) so I'll take your word for it.
  • Options
    I do remember, being the leader of an alliance back then, I urged everybody that wasn't done with act 4 yet to do it. Aq was either free or not running (I believe) but either way, we went for a no donations period to make sure everybody that needed to could spend maximum time in act 4.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    I don’t think anyone would be bothered if they reduced costs of energy.

We all agree the energy requirements in most aspects of the game are ridiculous especially when we can only have 70.

Majority in Act 4 wont even be at 70, I would be fine if energy was reduced.

What’s it matter these days?
  • Options
    I don’t think anyone would be bothered if they reduced costs of energy.

We all agree the energy requirements in most aspects of the game are ridiculous especially when we can only have 70.

Majority in Act 4 wont even be at 70, I would be fine if energy was reduced.

What’s it matter these days?

I would love a reduction in energy. It makes newer players able to catch up faster. Would love it even more if they simultaneously gave out the energy deal (and in general just gave it out more often).