**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Pure skill mastery

Hi does anyone know what is the state of pure skills mastery right now ? Issit worth it to have it ?

Comments

• DEYSDEYS Posts: 59
    Any one ? Kabam?
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    They broke it a year ago. No it's not worth having.
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Last I’ve heard it was broken. I maxed mine but took it off due to it being broken. I don’t think it has been fixed but honestly not sure.
  • RhyanoRhyano Posts: 11
    IIRC it's actually maxed at level 2 or 3 now.... even tho you can add more points to it.. there is no increased benefit.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    It's not broken as such; it's just that ranks 1-3 cover all 'normal' levels of armour in the game; so you only get any benefit from Ranks 4-5 against super-Armoured opponents. So those who spent a lot of time/money/effort maxing it out are legitimately unhappy that over half what they spent unlocking it is essentially redundant.

I mean it will help against opponents like Awakened Hulkbuster; or those on 90% Armour nodes, but that's not really much comfort.

So if you use skill champs and want to make them more effective, 1-2 points is optional; but not one that many people are taking right now.

Here's a thread where you can find out more: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/52191/will-pure-skill-ever-be-fixed-updated-or-will-we-get-our-4650-units-back
    It's not broken as such; it's just that ranks 1-3 cover all 'normal' levels of armour in the game; so you only get any benefit from Ranks 4-5 against super-Armoured opponents. So those who spent a lot of time/money/effort maxing it out are legitimately unhappy that over half what they spent unlocking it is essentially redundant.

I mean it will help against opponents like Awakened Hulkbuster; or those on 90% Armour nodes, but that's not really much comfort.

So if you use skill champs and want to make them more effective, 1-2 points is optional; but not one that many people are taking right now.

Here's a thread where you can find out more: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/52191/will-pure-skill-ever-be-fixed-updated-or-will-we-get-our-4650-units-back

It is broken compared to pre 12.0. what people bought at any level prior to 12.0 worked much better. What we have now is broken because it's not worth having imo. The extra damage a skill champ receives isn't worth 3 mastery points. The same goes for Pierce.
  • DEYSDEYS Posts: 59
    Thank you everyone for the info .
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    The silence speak volumes. We’ll be at 16 months since this was messed up once June 1st hits.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Mastery needs an overhaul for sure.. all scouting masteries are practically useless as well along with 4 out of 6 of the class specific mastery. Only MD and tech collar are even worth mentioning atm
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Lets see what is kabam record for bot fixing this mastery.

Come on kabam you know flat values ruined pure skill. Give us the units we all spent in this mastery. I spent 3000 units for 5/5 and still feel disgusted and angry about this.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Kabam, this is the elephant in the room. When you can immediately fix over and over again what you consider an exploit and yet Pure Skill has been broken for over a year, it speaks volumes.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »

It is broken compared to pre 12.0. what people bought at any level prior to 12.0 worked much better. What we have now is broken because it's not worth having imo. The extra damage a skill champ receives isn't worth 3 mastery points. The same goes for Pierce.

The problem with that comparison is that nothing works the same as before. The new system has affected it. They couldn't likely replicate that Damage if they wanted to because of DR/Flat Value, which is what makes it a tricky situation.
    I don't care if it's a tricky situation.. they should do what's right by the players who spent thousands of units to Max it..it's a simple right wrong situation... they turned an expensive decent mastery into junk.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    I don't care if it's a tricky situation.. they should do what's right by the players who spent thousands of units to Max it..it's a simple right wrong situation... they turned an expensive decent mastery into junk.

I agree. This is a disgrace.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    At minimum, they should refund units to those people who unlocked levels 4 and 5, just like they did with willpower and suicides. They should also throw in some extras for taking OVER 15 MONTHS to properly address this disaster.

Do the right thing Kabam!
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Haha, you guys don’t really expect resolution at this point...do you?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    What @Magrailothos said above is pretty much spot on.

I’m back at 0/5 for a while now. Better places to burn points.

Dr. Zola