**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which mystic to rank up?

BoogerPresleyBoogerPresley Posts: 75
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Scarlet witch is only at 1 Sig ability

Which mystic to rank up? 45 votes

Unduped 5* Magik to lvl 3
42%
SnakeEyes69Yelin547Noob_2yrsGrinderCuteshelfTheLazyKingRaganatorRockandrollinaDDonaldJTrump69TheSOURAI_ForgotDave2442GreatScottwSWeaponXSpiritRagnarok13caligarelinquoCCoolCollinTheMageHunter 19 votes
Duped 4* dr. Strange to 5/50
6%
FilmScorpionTJPerkDarkArrow07 3 votes
Awakened Scarlet Witch to 5/50
51%
CrusherOfDreamsVavasourCableSpidey076The_OneHolyDirkness41ThatsausageTheManMythLegendBosko888670ADDZZGaseousClayDeebo4300beaupoemadqqedfyvrVartoxRandom_NoobRentonXDrealiTicThawnimSpartacus29 23 votes

Comments

• BoogerPresleyBoogerPresley Posts: 75
    This is a close race
  • Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109
    After all the NERFS with Dr Strange and Scarlet Witch I think Magik is the best choice.
  • temiyatotemiyato Posts: 15
    Scarlet witch is the best option .thank me later
  • RentonXDRentonXD Posts: 132
    5/50 SW easily beats magik
    Doesn't SW need to be at a higher Sig lvl to be good tho?
  • Dave2442Dave2442 Posts: 109

from what I hear she does.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★

It's fairly easy to get stones for her if that is your only concern. It's much more difficult to awaken her.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Magik is an amazing champion, but only when duplicated. The same is true with Scarlet Witch. When either one is duplicated, they become one of the most powerful in the game, but when they aren't duplicated, they're mediocre.
    The difference is, you have Scarlet Witch duplicated already. Go with her. You probably won't even be duplicating Magik anytime soon, since she's a 5*.
    I think it really comes down to what you have with regards to other champions. Scarlet Witch makes master difficulty so much easier each month. Plus she still gets a lot of use in AQ and AW. I think she'd serve you well. Magik probably is only good for questing until you dupe her and can put her on defense in AW.
    @CrusherOfDreams SW is only awakened at lvl 1 not duped. But I agree it'll be harder to dup a 5 magik
  • SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    RentonXD wrote: »
    5/50 SW easily beats magik
    Magik is an amazing champion, but only when duplicated. The same is true with Scarlet Witch. When either one is duplicated, they become one of the most powerful in the game, but when they aren't duplicated, they're mediocre.
    The difference is, you have Scarlet Witch duplicated already. Go with her. You probably won't even be duplicating Magik anytime soon, since she's a 5*.
    temiyato wrote: »
    Scarlet witch is the best option .thank me later

Guys come on open your eyes!!
    He wrote that the sig lvl is 1. SW is garbage (except nullify) until duped to sig lvl 30-60.
    Whereas Magik has pretty good power control mechanics even unduped!

Quoting one of my fellow forumers - "Thank me later!!"
  • GreatScottGreatScott Posts: 106
    I don't actually have a Scarlet Witch or Dr Strange to know from experience, but post 12.0 I've read both of them were nerfed bad and Scarlet Witch needs a high signature level to be any good on top of needing a high critical rate team. I do have an unduped 5* magik and she's still a great champion who has good synergies and doesn't need any special situations to be useful. That Magik sp2 is great for power control and sp1 and sp3 ability to nullify regen, unstoppable, evade always can come in handy.
    It's too bad Dr. Strange was nerfed so hard, would've made this an easy choice...
  • ADDZZADDZZ Posts: 71
    I have 5* magik at rank 3 unduped

I also have scarlet witch duped at rank 5

Scarlet witch is the better champ. By far. If your magik was duped it would be a closer decision, but I'd still go scarlet witch. I use her in every offensive situation, and magik very rarely.
    It's too bad Dr. Strange was nerfed so hard, would've made this an easy choice...

He's still useful. I've used him the past few special events to complete master difficulty. He was especially helpful beating King Groot.
    If you want a tip for scarlet witch, run her in a team with Quake and Hawkeye. It adds 15% to her sig ability. If you can't do that team, run her in a team of mutants with critical rate synergies (more crits = more buffs).

Doing either of the above revives her back to the pre-nerf days. I get tons of stuns and regens running the quake/hawkeye team with some crit synergies through Phoenix/SW also.
    ADDZZ wrote: »

Scarlet witch is the better champ. By far. If your magik was duped it would be a closer decision, but I'd still go scarlet witch. I use her in every offensive situation, and magik very rarely.
    If you want a tip for scarlet witch, run her in a team with Quake and Hawkeye. It adds 15% to her sig ability. If you can't do that team, run her in a team of mutants with critical rate synergies (more crits = more buffs).

Doing either of the above revives her back to the pre-nerf days. I get tons of stuns and regens running the quake/hawkeye team with some crit synergies through Phoenix/SW also.

Guys u are missing the point!! The sig lvl is 1!!!!!!!!
    I am not ready to believe that your "BEAST" SW has sig lvl 1
    Spirit wrote: »

My SW is sig level 50. Having her sig level 1 is not an excuse to not rank her. 4* sig stones are so easily available in many quests and special events. Trust me you'll have SW at 99 sig long before you dupe your 5* magik.

And trust me when I say, I've been playing this game for long enough to know that Magik WILL get nerfed eventually.

Also if you're ranking magik for power lock abilities, don't. Scarlet witch's power lock and power drain buffs are 2 of her most common. They come so often, she's better than Magik in every way.
    Spirit wrote: »

My SW is sig level 50. Having her sig level 1 is not an excuse to not rank her. 4* sig stones are so easily available in many quests and special events. Trust me you'll have SW at 99 sig long before you dupe your 5* magik.

And trust me when I say, I've been playing this game for long enough to know that Magik WILL get nerfed eventually.

Also if you're ranking magik for power lock abilities, don't. Scarlet witch's power lock and power drain buffs are 2 of her most common. They come so often, she's better than Magik in every way.

If u can get her up to 50 or so sig lvl then I would have voted for SW as well.

I have quake duped at 4/40....
    So many good arguments for both SW and magik. So hard to choose
    Thanks everyone for voting and the comments. I think I'm going to do a runoff poll between magik and SW
  • HolyDirkness41HolyDirkness41 Posts: 85
    Easy choice SW just pump sig stones into her and never look back.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Another SW vote here.
    I awakened mine and never once pulled her from a crystal again, she's Sig lvl 99 now.
    Stones are pretty easy to come by.

Put her with Quake, BW and Hulk and she'll regen, stun, nullify her way through anything
    The_One wrote: »
    Another SW vote here.
    I awakened mine and never once pulled her from a crystal again, she's Sig lvl 99 now.

Put her with Quake, BW and Hulk and she'll regen, stun, nullify her way through anything

I see the synergy between BW and quake, but don't see how hulk comes into play. I do have all three with hulk and quake at 4/40 duped. BW at 3/30 unduped
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    edited June 2017
    Since SW is only at sig lvl 1, You have to go with 5* Magik, she will take you further in the game.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Since SW is only at sig lvl 1, You have to go with 5* Magik, she will take you further in the game.

Sig Stones are easy to come by, so SW will go up quickly in Sig Level.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Another SW vote here.

I see the synergy between BW and quake, but don't see how hulk comes into play. I do have all three with hulk and quake at 4/40 duped. BW at 3/30 unduped

Hulk and BW have stun synergy giving everyone 25% chance to stun on all specials.
    Throw in a Thor Jane Foster for a real stun fest.
    Another SW vote here.

Hulk and BW have stun synergy giving everyone 25% chance to stun on all specials.
    Throw in a Thor Jane Foster for a real stun fest.

Gotcha, I see it now. I have BW unduped at 3/30. I don't really want to spend tier 4 cats to rank her up....Do I need to ??