**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fed up with bad drops from 5* crystals

Comments

• IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    BigTime wrote: »
    IKON wrote: »
    tav1je9c32qj.jpg

Yeah. It would be awful if players were able to actually able to have the champions they wanted.

My suggestion:
    - Allow players to use 25k shards to get a guarenteed champion.
    - Use 10k for a “basic” random pool.
    - Use 15k for a “featured” pool of 8.

This would change the game sure but then people get to choose what they want to level and what they like. Crazy, it would be like everything else in life you purchase. RNG is a trifling way for enjoyment.

Yes, this actually would be awful, everyone having the same champs would be horrible for the game.

This is an RNG based game, its how Kabam, or any company, makes money. Your suggestion would basically guarantee a fast shut down of the game.

The only way to beat the RNG is to give yourself more shots at the crystals you want. I've yet to miss a dungeons milestone, and my first draw was a 5* Iron Patriot. Sucks, but it happens, and if I keep going, it will get better.

Grind, and in the long run, you beat the RNG.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    chev327fox wrote: »
    taojay1 wrote: »
    chev327fox wrote: »
    OnY wrote: »
    But obviously no one will give this topic enough attention most people in here are sitting on full trinity with other god tier champions, so why would they care

I'm actually sitting pretty with really good 5* luck and I think the luck part of this game should be looked at for 5*s (they are different from others as even with 4*s you will start to get so many eventually you are bound to get a bunch of good champs).

Maybe the reason I feel so bad is for the first 4 months of this game I did not get a SINGLE God Tier 4*... not even a Demi-God. The first I got was from that $1 crystal and I got Quake out of all the top choice in that crystal (one of the worst... better then Kingpin so I was not totally destroyed by it). But these past few months I have gotten noting but God Tier and Demi-God Tier 4*s and 5*s (so much so I have like 4 God Tier 4*s still at rank 1 becasue I simply cannot rank them all and I play a lot so that should say something).

So yeah... the luck is unforgiving to some in this game and there should be some sort of pity feature (I am not sure how that would work but I am sure it could be sussed out).

@chev327fox do not disrespect quake like that! She was my top choice from that crystal but I got screwed with kingpin. If you think she is one of the worst then you probably don't kno how to use her correctly. Maybe it comes down to personal preference but quake's mechanic is utterly unique and game-changing in my opinion.

Lol... sorry she is a really good champ but I am not a fan of her playstyle (trust me I know how to play her pretty well... I just find I run into bugs with her a lot like the "whiif" bug where you cannot get a parry or the AI using odd timing or lazy/slow attacks... she just gets tiresome after awhile, at least for me personally). I had a chance to rank 3 my 5* and I chose my 5* Luke Cage for Rank 3 over her and there was not thought as I was just sick of her Quake and Bake playstyle (again it works amazing, especially for a Mordo or a Mephisto but I still prefer Luke).

As for her being the top ion that $1 player choice crystals I feel that is a stretch even for opinion (I mean there were so many other God tier champs in that crystal that are near objectively better then Quake in general). I am sorry to hear you got Kingpin from that... I was worried I would back then (and don't get me wrong... I was okay with Quake but I would have preferred a Hyperion, Sparky, or GR at the time as Quake is fairly situational).

My main team right now is 5* 3/45 Luke Cage, 4* 5/50 Blade, 4* 5/50 Star Lord (sig 99), 5* 2/35 Iceman, and 4* 4/40 Ghost Rider (hoping to rank 3 5* Iceman within the month... also will have Rank 3 5* Morningstar as an option too, but like Quake I dislike things about MS and the way she fights).

Looking at your roster, you’re still far too new to complain about bad 5* drops. Just be patient and the champs will come.
  • TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    I can’t wait for the day that I get and dupe SL or Magik or AA or Blade... or any of the many other Godly 5* I have yet to get. I fear I’ll be F2P forever however. I won’t pump money into a game that is giving nothing back in return.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    @OnY there's nothing for it but waiting for luck. I went ages with nothing but garbage and then had a month where everything I pulled was god tier. Back to garbage now lol. It'll happen eventually.

I think this is true for all (or 99.999%) players. Eventually you will get some more good champs as you have already mentioned pulling at least a few. Sure, some people get luckier than others and I understand wanting to quit. If you do, that's fine, but I think most people can relate to what you are going through. If you don't give up, the odds of pulling some good or even demi-god tier champs is in your favor. If you aren't pulling them as 5* surely some as 4*? If neither, I would definitely quit because there is nothing to work towards. There are no guarantees of pulling a good champ in the game. Unless you are Seatin.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    I was excited to get cosmic spider man on my 8th atempt. Closest ive come to an awesome champ.
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    Here is the thing - many in my alliance do not have a SINGLE six-star hero shard yet, despite having 80 four star heroes and 20 or so five star heroes. They will eventually earn one after a 12-15 months of slow grinding and......most will be severely disappointed to be stuck with KK or some other garbage.

With four-star heroes it makes sense - you earn 5-8 a month, so ever couple of months you will earn a god-tier champ and you'll get a demigod 1-2 times per month. This is rewarding enough to put up with the terrible drops (which at least provide ISO and five-star shards). But when you wait forever or even spend 100-300 bucks on shards to get them, it is VERY disappointing to waste all that time, money, and energy, and have abomination to show for it....
  • If your roster's advanced enough and you grind 5* feature arena, take as many of your 5*s to r3. Your 5*s are shard factories. Invest in your roster and they'll back you back in the long run.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Here is the thing - many in my alliance do not have a SINGLE six-star hero shard yet, despite having 80 four star heroes and 20 or so five star heroes. They will eventually earn one after a 12-15 months of slow grinding and......most will be severely disappointed to be stuck with KK or some other garbage.

With four-star heroes it makes sense - you earn 5-8 a month, so ever couple of months you will earn a god-tier champ and you'll get a demigod 1-2 times per month. This is rewarding enough to put up with the terrible drops (which at least provide ISO and five-star shards). But when you wait forever or even spend 100-300 bucks on shards to get them, it is VERY disappointing to waste all that time, money, and energy, and have abomination to show for it....

So the issue is because of the tiering of champs, hence the disappointment.

Just know that champs are there to make content easier, but they are not the “end all be all” thing in the game. Skill is.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    This is why i dont like it when youtubers just promote “God” or “Demi-God” tier. And this is why I miss Joel Line’s mcoc videos - because he focused more on showcasing unpopular champs and showing where they can be used and how. All that while stating where those champs wont be effective as well.

That said, there are a lot of champs mentioned here that people consider trash that I actually enjoy playing. Sure, my cats and gold would still go to my Blade before my Thor Ragnarok, but that doesnt stop me from playing Thor Ragnarok.

I like it when I find a use for a champ. Many people dont like Kingpin and King Groot but they’ve been uncollected boss killers for me more than once. I dont let the mentality of “I dont have medusa” or “I dont have Blade” (i didnt have blade for majority of the uncollected events) bring me down. I go through who I have and I have a month to figure out who to use. Even if they’re 4* r1, if they show promise in heroic, i’ll rank them up to try against uncollected.

All in all, there’s more than one way to enjoy the game. Depending on your mindset, you can still enjoy the game with a Spidergwen.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    my last 5 pulls taskmaster,she hulk,vulture,OML,Beast.

Last 5 pulls? Lol You got nothing in me. Last 5* pulls were...

Rocket
    OML
    Rhino
    Rhino
    Iron Patriot
    Classic Cap
    Cyclops
    Sentry

Don't even have expectations anymore. Although, it still hurts going through so much content and pulling a useless 5* or one you really can't do much with so you end up being reluctant to rank up
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Since blade day,
    YJ x2
    Falcon x2
    DD x3
    Miles x2
    Loki x2
    OML
    Magneto
    storm
    Beast
    Angela
    Iceman x2
    So 3/18 have been usable, even then I already had iceman from when his featured came around so second dupe wasn’t overly useful.

And I’m also 8k shards away from having a T2a in overflow which means I’ll soon be forced into making a rank up
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    2 months ago I didn’t have a 5* Spider Gwen. Now she’s sig level 60. Imagine how I feel about that.

And I'm a happy owner of a red Cyclops sig lvl80. The next pull was a blue Cyclops. Could you imagine my joy atm ?
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★

do the uncollected quest
  • OnYOnY Posts: 30
    edited May 2018
    I have done everything there is in the game apart from 100% LOL, so i dont have mentality "I need blade to progress", my problem is that I pull **** champions so many times in a row it makes me feel tired and unsatisfied what again leads to me playing less and less which is a shame because I have never played a mobile game that long as I did MCOC and I want to stay and enjoy it even longer. @Tropical_Chris so do I my friend, I would consider ranking him (Thor Ragnarok) up to r4 for fun if T2 Alphas and Gold wasn't so hard to come by unfortunately I have very specific amount of both which allows me to R5 only one of the best options out there for a long time.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    edited May 2018
    tav1je9c32qj.jpg

Yeah. It would be awful if players were able to actually able to have the champions they wanted.

My suggestion:
    - Allow players to use 25k shards to get a guarenteed champion.
    - Use 10k for a “basic” random pool.
    - Use 15k for a “featured” pool of 8.

This would change the game sure but then people get to choose what they want to level and what they like. Crazy, it would be like everything else in life you purchase. RNG is a trifling way for enjoyment.

Yes, this actually would be awful, everyone having the same champs would be horrible for the game.

This is an RNG based game, its how Kabam, or any company, makes money. Your suggestion would basically guarantee a fast shut down of the game.

The only way to beat the RNG is to give yourself more shots at the crystals you want. I've yet to miss a dungeons milestone, and my first draw was a 5* Iron Patriot. Sucks, but it happens, and if I keep going, it will get better.

Grind, and in the long run, you beat the RNG.

The only thing you said here that is true is that this is an RNG based game. You never beat RNG, getting a decent pull after tons of garbage isnt beating.

My suggestion allows the player base access to champions they usually won’t have for years. There’s nothing wrong with that. Plenty of new champs are coming we just don’t get to use them.

Prime example, I am currently at 37mil in 5* arena for Cap and I will never do this again. It’s exceptionally wasteful for little payoff.

My approach spreads out the spending. If you have this large of a community with so little access to champions it is very short sighted. A very select few will spend on a .8% chance or another couple of hundred for the cooldowns to do arena.

I stopped buying the deals and won’t buy the crystals. I am willing to spend lots. I am not willing to spend for RNG trash. Kabam needs to ask why they aren’t going to get my money and the others.
  • Nick0609Nick0609 Posts: 71
    edited May 2018
    v6byerfw3t6r.png
    speaking of bad drops (happened 5 mins ago)
  • OnYOnY Posts: 30
    And yet again i pulled a **** champion, luck continues
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    I stopped buying the deals and won’t buy the crystals. I am willing to spend lots. I am not willing to spend for RNG trash. Kabam needs to ask why they aren’t going to get my money and the others.

Because they make far more money their way. There's a reason randomized lootboxes are so popular in gaming, and it is not because they chase people's money away.
  • poknjnuuupoknjnuuu Posts: 19
    On blade day I pulled two blades out of my stack of xtals. Since blade day I’ve pulled Bishop, hulk rag, guillotine and SIM from featured xtals; and medusa doc voodoo and yellow jacket from regular xtals. That’s not the highlights, that’s the whole list.
    I am extremely lucky, I know. That’s the point, it’s luck. There’s still plenty of champs that I want and I keep drawing more god tier attack champs than I could ever use but few good defenders, but the thrill is still there for ghost rider, and I rue every bad pull I get. It doesn’t matter how much or how little you have, expanding your collection with luck is much more interesting than just plonking down your shards and buying one. It’s a quirk of psychology, but RNG captivates us and what you suggest would murder this game
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    I saw an ally mate pulling IMiw out of the $40 infinity crystals while another one got all 3* out all 10 crystals, which cost him $80. It’a all about luck, man.

Thing is if you spent $$$ on crystals, you would have a chance to get something decent. I’m not a spender, so I’m happy with my slightly above average roster while enjoying the game with minimum effort (no arena, no map 6, no 100% LoL).
  • Cosmic_Ray13Cosmic_Ray13 Posts: 302
    I don't know what y'all are talking about lol I got a
    Hyperion, Moon knight, Hulk and Guillotine XD I'm doing awesome!
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    pulled 5* ant man 2 days ago. pulled 5* storm before that. i dont get why have new champs when i keep pulling the old champs?

my suggestion is to get rid of the really bad champs like ant man, ip, spider gwen, oml and such cause if you arent going to update them like lc and rh then just get rid of them. please. this is a suggestion of course
  • BirddawordBirddaword Posts: 5
    At least let us sell 5*s for 6* shards etc.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I tried to send up a warning when everyone was frothing over thier favorite champ being in the "next" batch of 5 stars added to the crystals. I warned then that dumping them all in so fast wasn't a good idea for any of us. Seemed like at that point all anyone cared about was blade being added.. now here we are with 100 plus 5s and many are trash and they are pretty near undupable at this point.