**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thanos Boss Design is so terrible imo.

2»

Comments

• Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    I love it. Great design and that sp3 cutscene where your right next to him is great keep tapping attack soon as scene over you get 4 hits in and safeguard for next sp3.
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    The cut scenes are kind of stupid and a problem.

I actually encountered a glitch where when returning from the cut screen the field of play was shrunken to about 3/4 the size and the power meters and my special power button were glitched and kept flicking. I managed to get him down to the next infinity gem cutscene and the next time is was correct.

Didn't ruin the fight but I imagine people on slower model phones might be screwed.
  • ACIDUCKACIDUCK Posts: 64
    All things considered, i would love to see someone over at kabam do these 2 fights on youtube or something. It would be really interesting lol
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    4) There needs to be a way to get completion without the full explore of this map.

Why? To put it another way, suppose there was just one Thanos, and killing him granted both completion and exploration. Would you be advocating adding another Thanos to ensure that you did not get completion and exploration at the same time? Alternatively, would you be okay with Kabam requiring you to complete the map twice, once for completion and once for exploration? Both of those satisfy the requirement that completion and exploration aren't awarded at the same time.

No matter how strong he is, I'm not sure if it is reasonable to expect the completion rewards for both the map and the entire difficulty run to hinge on only a single fight. I look at it as getting completion for fighting two fights, and getting exploration automatically. From that perspective, I don't need anything added to extend full exploration beyond that.

Except that as it sits now, it literally is an all-or-nothing reward system. You can 100% complete the rest of the EQ for minimal cost, but will only get the rewards for Chp 1&2 if you can't get past Thanos. And to be honest, those two fights in Uncollected are hands-down some of the hardest in the game outside of LOL. Even the Master version was a bit of a challenge.

Last month, players were able to "cut their losses" against Guilly and only had to beat her once to get completion rewards. They then had the option to spend the additional cost/effort to go for full exploration or simply stop with completion.

Now, we are forced to doing the full effort of exploration just to get completion rewards.

For players well into their end-game period of their gameplay, this is a non-issue because they're going for 100% regardless. However, for those players who are newer to the game (or even recently Uncollected) and who are content with completion of an EQ are then put in a horrible position.

I'm not sure what you mean by "except." I'm saying you get exploration rewards at the same time as completion, and you're saying except that makes it all or nothing. Yes, that's synonymous. But you didn't answer my question. You get completion and exploration for doing two fights. Would you feel better if full exploration required a third fight?

Because if not, then you aren't complaining about all or nothing, because that' fixes all or nothing. You're actually complaining about the two Thanos fights being harder to complete than an entire path of uncollected from any previous other uncollected map. And that's debatable because as has been discussed previously, while the fights might be harder when you approach them cold, you aren't required to approach them cold. The energy costs to fight Thanos are about a quarter the costs of doing a typical uncollected path, which means you can practice fighting Thanos four times for the same energy costs of completing a single uncollected path. That extra practice has to factor into how difficult Thanos actually is to finish off, and the costs of doing so. Ice Phoenix, for example, wasn't just hard because Ice Phoenix was hard to defeat, but also because you couldn't easily practice on her, you couldn't easily test different teams on her, and you still had to plow through an entire uncollected path just to reach her, which could deplete your team before engaging her. You couldn't just pick a team to fight her, that team also had to reach her.

Sure, Thanos is a harder fight that Ice Phoenix. But that doesn't mean this map is much harder to complete than previous uncollected runs. And honestly anyone complaining now is complaining about a fight they deliberately made harder for themselves, because there's still tons of time they could have spent practicing on Thanos and getting better at fighting him. Anyone that has completed Thanos now and spent resources on him has deliberately done the content under harder conditions than necessary, which calls into question the validity of complaints that he's too difficult.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I used items on Master Thanos and all of them for failed intercepts during the death touch phase. The upside is there was no need to waste health pots. You either hurt Thanos or die.

Needing a revive with Thanos sitting on 570 health was harsh though lol.

I probably should've practised more before going all in but I am happy with my decision.

I think the Thanos level of this month was about the funnest worst time I've had in an EQ because strategy was more important than brute strength and it didn't involve unavoidable damage that punishes you for not making mistakes.

Enjoyed it and will go for exploration now (didn't bother last month for all the reasons covered many, many times)

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    @DNA3000 I don't disagree that the energy costs and ability to make practice runs are a better layout than last month. I do like that and hope that aspect stays the same in future months. Yes, in previous months it was more about brute strength to get through. Enduring the long paths and hoping you had enough left over to handle the boss was what made those EQs hard.

The issue I see with this setup is that if you simply cannot get past Thanos, then you get nothing. Even if you practice a dozen times and try out all of your setups and still cannot beat him, then you're SOL. Not every player has a stack of Avengers, or Iceman/LC/GP to endure the last fight (things not needed to become Uncollected).

Guilly was hard because you had to beat her 7 times under varying buffs, but you at least could fall back and claim a portion of the rewards by beating her once. That fallback luxury doesn't exist in this layout. You either beat Thanos for everything, or you get nothing.

What I'm saying is that a large portion of players can stockpile resources to beat Guilly once and get something in return. The amount of resources needed to beat Thanos is more than that one path needed, but not necessarily the amount needed to beat her 7 times. From an exploration standpoint, Thanos is easier than Guilly. I'm talking from a Completion standpoint.

Some people just want to beat it once. This month requires more to do that.
  • buggysitehaveaccontbuggysitehaveaccont Posts: 158
    edited May 2018
    this is the fight that clearly show who the "throw money@kabam" and the skilled players, as no revives were used defeating thanos on uncollected or you are a pay2win player
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    The issue I see with this setup is that if you simply cannot get past Thanos, then you get nothing. Even if you practice a dozen times and try out all of your setups and still cannot beat him, then you're SOL. Not every player has a stack of Avengers, or Iceman/LC/GP to endure the last fight (things not needed to become Uncollected).

Guilly was hard because you had to beat her 7 times under varying buffs, but you at least could fall back and claim a portion of the rewards by beating her once. That fallback luxury doesn't exist in this layout. You either beat Thanos for everything, or you get nothing.

But people were complaining the same thing about Ice Phoenix, and also Guillotine. If you couldn't pass them, you didn't get anything (I mean in the same sense you mean: the rewards for that chapter and the overall difficulty level). In fact, a sizeable number of players stated categorically that the worst thing you could ever add to a difficult boss was large unavoidable damage, and that for many players Ice Phoenix was a roster gate: if you didn't have one of the few champions that could beat her, you were just SoL. I didn't agree with that assessment, I'm simply repeating the complaint. Here, aren't we in the same situation? There are people saying Thanos "requires" a very specific small set of champions. By this time next month, isn't it likely we will be viewing that complaint in the same way we now look at the complaints about Ice Phoenix? That they were reactionary, and largely uninformed?

The same complaints people are making about Thanos seem to be variations of similar complaints made about other higher difficulty content. Remember when people were complaining the spiderverse event required ability accuracy reduction champs or you couldn't do it, and then it turned out DAA wasn't even the most valuable ability to have in that once you actually played it? People were saying if you didn't have Mephisto you couldn't beat Ice Phoenix? It seems like only days ago people were saying if you were not an intercept god Guillotine was essentially impossible. I'm not saying that just because the complaint is oft-repeated it is invalid, but I am asking why they are uniquely justified in the case of Thanos.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I loved this month's Event Quest final boss fight. Finally a boss that makes you think instead of mash buttons with god tier champions. Both Thanos forms can be soloed with 4*s. Thanos #1 inverted controls was very creative. Thanos #2 takes more patience, once you figure out to only evade his sp2 solid bubbles he gets much easier. Like so many other players have said, the low energy cost allows you to practice 10+ times a day without using units on energy or items. Great job Kabam, hope we get additional similar content in the future.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    All about milking those whales this month going for the 5* gem in the dust store. Not a surprising move.

This is such a lazy criticism. This was the most creative fight in the game. The devs made a really interesting boss fight, unlike the collector, which you can practice and beat with no money spent. But of course it's just a "money grab" and "milking the whales" lol. Personally I'd like to see more content like this.
    All about milking those whales this month going for the 5* gem in the dust store. Not a surprising move.

This is such a lazy criticism. This was the most creative fight in the game. The devs made a really interesting boss fight, unlike the collector, which you can practice and beat with no money spent. But of course it's just a "money grab" and "milking the whales" lol. Personally I'd like to see more content like this.

I agree, it is a brilliant concept. Love the creativity and hope to see more like it. Just wish there was a "completion" option.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I thought the new Thanos design was well done. Most of the two fights were fun and engaging, except the unstoppable war mode. I felt it was a little cheap because it requires Thanos to be aggressive if you want to have a chance and when he plays defensive you’re screwed. Also the inverted controls were annoying but you can practice and learn to adapt. My biggest criticism is the **** that is Nameless Hyperion. Two uncollected quests in a row now that bullshitter has appeared and he’s such a cheap fight. When you have massive power gain combined with power reserve and you don’t have Magik or any form of power control then it’s really an impossible fight where you have to constantly throw items at. It’s almost as lazy as degen and starburst enduring Punisher. Thanos was great because it took skill. Nameless Hyp requires luck and I think we all know how luck turns out when Kabam is in charge.
  • BigDudeBigDude Posts: 82

If I'm understanding this correctly, you want the completion/exploration rewards of 3.2 in the EQ (The Thanos Fights) to make up the bulk of the rewards? It sounds like you want this as a way to skip the need to explore the rest of the EQ without missing much in terms of rewards. Correct?

What I am saying is, this format significantly increases the difficulty for completion, and arguably reduces the difficulty for exploration, only have to beat the last boss once. This hits that passive player base that only does completion not full exploration. I think the completion rewards should get buffed up if this is the format of the future. exploration is merely a time sink formality.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I thought the new Thanos design was well done. Most of the two fights were fun and engaging, except the unstoppable war mode. I felt it was a little cheap because it requires Thanos to be aggressive if you want to have a chance and when he plays defensive you’re screwed. Also the inverted controls were annoying but you can practice and learn to adapt. My biggest criticism is the **** that is Nameless Hyperion. Two uncollected quests in a row now that bullshitter has appeared and he’s such a cheap fight. When you have massive power gain combined with power reserve and you don’t have Magik or any form of power control then it’s really an impossible fight where you have to constantly throw items at. It’s almost as lazy as degen and starburst enduring Punisher. Thanos was great because it took skill. Nameless Hyp requires luck and I think we all know how luck turns out when Kabam is in charge.
    Stun champ for thah pover reseve. Rona good to.
    BigDude wrote: »

If I'm understanding this correctly, you want the completion/exploration rewards of 3.2 in the EQ (The Thanos Fights) to make up the bulk of the rewards? It sounds like you want this as a way to skip the need to explore the rest of the EQ without missing much in terms of rewards. Correct?

What I am saying is, this format significantly increases the difficulty for completion, and arguably reduces the difficulty for exploration, only have to beat the last boss once. This hits that passive player base that only does completion not full exploration. I think the completion rewards should get buffed up if this is the format of the future. exploration is merely a time sink formality.

This was my point as well.
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    Tbh everything they design is bad...not only the thanos..
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    Save up some lvl 1 revives and use Hulk to smash.
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    I love it. Great design and that sp3 cutscene where your right next to him is great keep tapping attack soon as scene over you get 4 hits in and safeguard for next sp3.

I used Hulk to smash as each lvl 1 revive is enough to tank 2 SP3.
  • FloorKillerFloorKiller Posts: 148 ★★
    Horrible boss. I've been able to beat collector this week, but can't beat Thanos on master. Spent all my saving and still nothing. I give up for this month bs quest
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    Horrible boss. I've been able to beat collector this week, but can't beat Thanos on master. Spent all my saving and still nothing. I give up for this month bs quest

There is still a lot of time. Try watching some videos and have some practice rounds.
  • TaimurKhanTaimurKhan Posts: 119
    I have defeated Thanos in all difficulties. Master was stupid. Ever since they introduced uncollected difficulty, AI in master mode isn't aggressive. They ruined master mode.
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    **** was hard in master but still fun. Wouldn't particularly like to see more content like this but wouldn't mind it TOO much either.
  • NguyenDauNguyenDau Posts: 248
    Thanos boss is one of the fights i find most fun..
    Others like Uncollected was just stupid..
    Even ultron boss in act 5.4 fight was easier than Uncollected..

Thanos require skills to beat compare to *cought* LoL design or even uncollected boss in act 5.2..
    Small energy cost for a good prac and change of fighting style during the fight

I wud like to see more of these event..

GOOD Job