**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How Do You Beat Mordo?

2»

Comments

• KaboomKaboom Posts: 16
    easy war drax.
    other option rhino. pin him on the wall and combo him + unblockable. in a short time u will put him to bed
  • hero3hero3 Posts: 112
    try bait his sp2. its quite easy. move backwards a bit out his reach then dash forward hit.

using yellow jacket is helpful too as puts powersting and stun on him when he uses specials. also being class up.

mordo in general health quite low like dr starnge. a few hits and over i.e weak defense
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Everyone has pretty much given some good pointers on here already. I'll just add my own.

Drax - Has the double auto attack so he doesn't get stunned even when he stuns Mordo.
    Rhino - Mordo blocks a lot to do his power gain, just dash back and forth to get the unblockable and steamroll him into a corner and then do a special
    Agent Venom - Can shrug off degeneration and a good special 2 will trigger an incinerate & bleed that can often kill Mordo from half HP pretty easily.

If you are still really having trouble a science character with the two masteries for increased energy resistance can also do the trick.

Otherwise just don't stun him, play only by evading and not blocking. Best way to do this is stand at only a certain distance away from the opponent that they continue to try to attack into you and then you can intercept it in response. Doesn't always work, but it is basically what you have to do on every stun immune node (including many of the fights in Road to Labryinth).
  • beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    has anyone tried planting some shock charges on him using nebula?
  • WhoseIsWhoseIs Posts: 19
    If you have Quake she’s great. Try to charge her heavy when his power gain is about to activate and her concussion will stop it from activating and it won’t activate for the rest of the fight after that. Then just use her heavy attack non-contact style fighting to take him down so you don’t have to worry about his astral glide. Easy as pie.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    DLegend wrote: »
    JSnook wrote: »
    Drax.

The best way to feed MD for mordo from drax's furies.

One of the drawbacks yes, but that also depends if he’s still standing from bleeding out from drax too.
  • Ron_DeuceRon_Deuce Posts: 19
    Another option is OG Cap. Get Mordo to attack you and block it. This will put a Fatigue buff on him. You can then parry/stun without having to worry about astral evade while the buff is active.
  • qwweqwwe Posts: 15
    when he gain power you have free heavy attack then he stop gain power.. (he will not attack you)
    bite sp
    bite heavy attack, let him hit you once and evade so you dont loose health..
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    SlyCat42 wrote: »
    Everyone has pretty much given some good pointers on here already. I'll just add my own.

Drax - Has the double auto attack so he doesn't get stunned even when he stuns Mordo.
    Rhino - Mordo blocks a lot to do his power gain, just dash back and forth to get the unblockable and steamroll him into a corner and then do a special
    Agent Venom - Can shrug off degeneration and a good special 2 will trigger an incinerate & bleed that can often kill Mordo from half HP pretty easily.

If you are still really having trouble a science character with the two masteries for increased energy resistance can also do the trick.

Otherwise just don't stun him, play only by evading and not blocking. Best way to do this is stand at only a certain distance away from the opponent that they continue to try to attack into you and then you can intercept it in response. Doesn't always work, but it is basically what you have to do on every stun immune node (including many of the fights in Road to Labryinth).

I believe Mordo can block unblock-able attacks correct?
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    *Blade can ability reduce the astral evade from happening every time.

*AA can do the same once you get neurotoxins. I used to parry/stun, then dash back a little and be able to heavy mordo with AA and miss the Evade that way. That wide reaching wing spin he does.

Also, Mordo!

Just trying to think of any other options not mentioned.
  • qwweqwwe Posts: 15
    SlyCat42 wrote: »

I believe Mordo can block unblock-able attacks correct?

yes after he block i think half second..
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    My play style is built around block and parry, and that just gets me killed fast by Mordo. He's unique, no other champ plays like him. How do you beat him (other than revives)?

I beat him by intercepting him a lot. Fight him like you fight stun immune nodes. I do this with Luke Cage and he is not too much of an issue anymore (Evade champs are my issue sometimes).
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    AA's heavy hit also gets past the astral evade. He destroys Mordo.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    How do you resurrect at 11 month old post? Lol.. Surely the OP knows how to beat him by now..
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Antman's fatigue prevents astral evade
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    Best bets for him are ice, quake, drax, Electra, x23, and anyone with fatigue like ant, og cap. If you don't parry fight Stark is awesome put a taunt on him and he is spamming sp1 for your attack opening.

He is very defensive so don't be scared to throw some heavies into his block.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    A lot has already commented Drax, Iceman, Falcon, etc. Basically, you can sum that up as evade counters. Astral evade is still an evade. If you have a champ that can counter evade then you can counter astral evade. (Note: Drax's medium counters single evade. Just like it can counter Quake's built-in evade with her heavy). For example, AV has a chance to shutdown evade. Also, unfazed mastery has a % chance for you to become unstoppable and force your way through his astral evade.

2nd way is Fatigue him to turn off astral evade. Antman, CA, LC, and other champs that can put fatigue can turn off astral evade.

The other tactic is to intercept. You can do this with or without parry stun. If you parry stun the opponent, wait for the stun timer to almost run out. Just before it runs out, you attack. This is usually with a medium, but light or heavy would work as well. If you time it right, you'll start launching your attack while he's still stunned, but will land your attack when he's no longer stunned. If you haven't gotten the timing mastered yet, this is where % chance of AV or Unfazed mastery can help out (as a training wheel).

Without parry stun - well, you do like any other normal intercept technique. Something like MLLL, dash back, then time another MLLL, rinse repeat :smile:

Note: If mordo is blocking, you can't just heavy him and expect him to eat it. He'll sometimes evade or counter it. However, if he's blocking and he has his power gain buff on, then it's safe to do a heavy. This works regardless if mordo is in the corner or not.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    A few things I haven't seen mentioned:

Try to avoid stunning him - block early and you'll not parry him.
    Just don't hit him when he's stunned. Back off and wait. This is not meant to be patronising - took me ages to realise this!
    Rank up Unfazed. You'll still get hit with the degeneration, but have a chance to become Unstoppable and take back control of the fight.
    User Captain America or Ant-Man. Mordo can't trigger Astral Evade when he's Fatigued.
  • Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    IOSJasoN wrote: »
    How do you resurrect an 11 month old post? Lol.. Surely the OP knows how to beat him by now..

Lol let's find out. @Palanthrax
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Parry Mason anyone?
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    WhoseIs wrote: »
    If you have Quake she’s great. Try to charge her heavy when his power gain is about to activate and her concussion will stop it from activating and it won’t activate for the rest of the fight after that. Then just use her heavy attack non-contact style fighting to take him down so you don’t have to worry about his astral glide. Easy as pie.

Resurrection much?