**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Help Requested is Annoying AF

Bruinsfan8510Bruinsfan8510 Posts: 584 ★★★
Kabam, please do something about the help requested in arena. I use my 5* champs in arena and then after the fight click request help. When I open my game again 2 hours later all my 5* champs need the help request again. It’s very annoying

There should be a REQUEST HELP ALL BUTTON

Comments

• FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    The HELP ALL button has been brought up many, many, many times. The issue is that it would negatively impact the servers and create more lag and crashes.
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    Fluffy wrote: »
    The HELP ALL button has been brought up many, many, many times. The issue is that it would negatively impact the servers and create more lag and crashes.

Hmm.. is that the official statement of Kabam? Because the way i see it, a “HELP ALL” button will increase overall performance.

Here’s why...

For every Help request that you sent out, that’s one HTTPS call to the server. Each of those calls have negligble processing time on the server. However, each HTTPS call have to go through the process of openning a connection, writing and reading from it, and releasing that connection.

That openning and releasing of connection is usually negligble. But at the scale of this game, it’s significant.

Thus, it makes much more sense to bulk all the requests into one. That means, there’s just going to be one HTTPS call, which means one new opening and releasing of connection, for several help requests already.

Basically, it’s an IO issue and not a CPU one.

Doing one HTTPS call for each Help request when there are tons of people grinding in arena is like a DDOS attack on their servers. IMHO, that’s just poor design.

Also, the fact that the game UI freezes every time you request for Help means they’re not even running this HTTPS call asynchronously. IMHO, that’s just developers taking shortcuts. And with the latest Android OS versions right now, you’re probably being penalized a lot by the OS everytime you do that.

Anyway, my 2 cents as a developer myself
  • Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    edited May 2018
    @Kabam Miike if you’re reading this, if you implement Help All, and if my assumptions are correct, you can even save up on infrastructure cost.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    i hate help.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    They could just remove the request help. Lower the champ recharge time to what it would be with 5 helps and give us 1k loyalty for logging in or something alliance related.
    1bufwptdj088.gif
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    While they are at it, make the search parameters stay the same in between matches. Hate having to go through several steps each time you want to find champs for an arena match when you just did it the previous match.