**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why piloting isn't really the issue

2»

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    rwhack wrote: »
    Solrac_2 wrote: »
    I agree partially with your premise. Piloting is an issue but Kabam did help create it with some of the issues that you raised. People are quitting this game or selling their accounts at a greater ratio than after the 12.0 debacle. AQ rewards desperately need to be revamped and the AW tiers need to not be so drastic. After all the complaints about AW last season, it was truly sad to see that most of our concerns were completely ignored--they did make the map more difficult and of course we still need to 100%, LOL.

No kabam didn't put a gun to anyone's head and force them to cheat sure these problems pointed out exist but there is no excuse for cheating none the less thats like u getting fired from your job just so the boss can make room for new employees then to make money u Rob a bank did ur boss contribute to you robbing the bank maybe but the decision to rob the bank was 100% your choice therefore you take 100% of the consequences same with the game these problems may have encouraged you to pilot or cheat but the decision is 100% yours

Yeah it’s like you don’t get anything but write anyway. I’ve literallly gotten 100 responses on LINE agreeing. The revenue drop will verify.

Quit frankly I’m likely better than you at every aspect of the game. I also spend more and care more. Your analogies are terrible and not related.[/quote
    Wow takes have at people and defends cheating u r definitely a cheater and also my analogy is on point yes the rewards and stuff there are problems but none of it justifys piloting u know unless u pilot
    Who wants to bet the op pilots?

Who wants to bet you’re in a gold alliance?

And also I would rather be an honest player in a gold teir allinance than be a cheating pilot like you
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The issue is people who are so obsessed with winning that they're willing to break the rules.

You have an r5 4 Star DV in your profile. Why you interject yourself is puzzling

What's puzzling is you're trying to take jabs at my Profile and simultaneously justify cheating with the Rewards.

Justify cheating? Hmmm...you didn’t read the first post but you took the effort to flag it? I mean any post I make you flag. The way I look at this is as a business owner. You see, I go into the store and I buy things. You go into the store and look around but don’t purchase anything. At the same time you comment more than anyone. As a business owner it’s relevent to know who is window shopping and who is purchasing when assessing what to pay attention to IMO.

Glad you enjoy the game. It’s not a jab at your profile. I just think it’s context for your point of view when you comment.

I don't spam Flags. I use my words. If something is inappropriate, I use the Function. In this case, it was not me.
    Although, you might want to stick to the Topic instead of making personal remarks. That might resolve that issue.
    I didn't mean you were trying to justify your own cheating. I meant you're implying the problem is the Reward setup and not the breaking of rules itself. You're trying to excuse the behavior with the system. Not the case at all. The onus is on those cheating. Not the Rewards.
  • Nah. Punishing the alliance is unfortunately necessary with this community. Most times, the alliance knows what's going on... Tho I know that's not the case across the board.

If you only punish the player, you feed into the problem. Player is punished, ditches account, buys new account, joins the alliance, pilots more, alliance continues to be rewarded. Punishing the alliance as a whole forces players to police themselves and their alliance. Single player punishment just makes the entire situation worse.

The community as a whole is very stubborn and creative... Especially at the top. Whether people see the punishment as unfair or not doesn't matter. The punishment doesn't seem to be the goal, fixing the enormous problem is what they're trying to do. Glad they finally did something. Been laughing at the tears ever since.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    The OP is correct IMO. Piloting is a symptom of a larger problem.

Players are not enjoying the game, as I’ve stated before way too much of the game is centered on RNG.

Players like myself would be happy using my 2* and 3* champs if there were worthwhile things to do with them. But Kabam has pretty much abandoned those star levels and the game is quickly heading to making the 4* champs pretty much useless too.

Right now I barely play, good luck to those of you who will continue to put up the good fight, but increasingly I’m seeing it’s not really worth it. Kabam has their own philosophy and their own plans.
    Cheating is related to people being bored with RNG? Lol. Disagree with that one.
    Cheating has been around as long as Gaming has existed. At the heart of it is greed. People want what they want, and will do anything to get it. Any comparison to the "state of the game" is not looking at the reality of it.
    TL:DR - It's not the game's fault people cheat, it's a lack of moral compass.
  • chunkyb wrote: »
    Step 5- start the spin. It doesn't matter if it makes sense. Blame it on anything in the world other than you wanting rewards and being willing to cheat for them. Maybe something mentioned will stick. Also, throw in bs threats about kabam's bottom line. Say fatalistic things about the game itself. Blame your organized and longstanding cheating on work, blame it on vacations, blame it on family, blame it on nrg for paths, blame it on lag, blame it on anything except being entitled, foot stomping, cheating brats.

We're in the beginning stages of step 5. Gonna be fun as hell to see where it goes from here.

Step 6? Ban all members and by extension their alliances for ever having logged in to another account?

Step 7? Ban 90% of the playerbase?

Step 8? Shut down servers and say mission accomplished?
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    You know, maybe they can make colossus a reaaally good defense champion to solve the blade issue. he's not a villain, he's not a mystic, he doesn't bleed. So if he becomes better, blades would be less of an issue. Although people did pay a lot & hoarded a lot to gain those blades so I don't know.
    Step 5- start the spin. It doesn't matter if it makes sense. Blame it on anything in the world other than you wanting rewards and being willing to cheat for them. Maybe something mentioned will stick. Also, throw in bs threats about kabam's bottom line. Say fatalistic things about the game itself. Blame your organized and longstanding cheating on work, blame it on vacations, blame it on family, blame it on nrg for paths, blame it on lag, blame it on anything except being entitled, foot stomping, cheating brats.

We're in the beginning stages of step 5. Gonna be fun as hell to see where it goes from here.

Step 6? Ban all members and by extension their alliances for ever having logged in to another account?

Hahaha oh those steps have already been tried on the forum. I'd expect more of it tho. A whole lotta "Kabam won't just look the other way while we cheat so the game is going to tank now. That's how important us cheaters are to this game. Now way they can make it without cheaters". Lmao
    chunkyb wrote: »

Hahaha oh those steps have already been tried on the forum. I'd expect more of it tho. A whole lotta "Kabam won't just look the other way while we cheat so the game is going to tank now. That's how important us cheaters are to this game. Now way they can make it without cheaters". Lmao

mission_accomplish_1112950c.jpg
  • Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    chunkyb wrote: »

90% of the player base isn't piloting. Not even close. Tier 1-7 only contains the top 9% of Alliances, and that's not counting all the solo players out there. The "everyone pilots" line is just members of pilot Alliances rationalizing to justify their actions.
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    The issue is folks losing their minds over a set of rewards that, title aside, they're more likely to get much more quickly and with less agita by just running a few dungeons or completing thanos tasks for dust. There are NINE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED AND SEVENTY alliances sitting in tiers above Silver, and if you're not in the top four hundred and seventy of those already, odds are piloting alone is not the reason you are where you are.

@klobberintyme What are thanos tasks, please?
  • cx234333cx234333 Posts: 111
    The issue is people who are so obsessed with winning that they're willing to break the rules.

It’s a game
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★

You have an r5 4 Star DV in your profile. Why you interject yourself is puzzling

What's puzzling is you're trying to take jabs at my Profile and simultaneously justify cheating with the Rewards.

Justify cheating? Hmmm...you didn’t read the first post but you took the effort to flag it? I mean any post I make you flag. The way I look at this is as a business owner. You see, I go into the store and I buy things. You go into the store and look around but don’t purchase anything. At the same time you comment more than anyone. As a business owner it’s relevent to know who is window shopping and who is purchasing when assessing what to pay attention to IMO.

Glad you enjoy the game. It’s not a jab at your profile. I just think it’s context for your point of view when you comment.

I don't spam Flags. I use my words. If something is inappropriate, I use the Function. In this case, it was not me.
    Although, you might want to stick to the Topic instead of making personal remarks. That might resolve that issue.
    I didn't mean you were trying to justify your own cheating. I meant you're implying the problem is the Reward setup and not the breaking of rules itself. You're trying to excuse the behavior with the system. Not the case at all. The onus is on those cheating. Not the Rewards.

You’re making personal remarks taking about “lack of a moral compass”. Please read what you write. The reward setup is the problem. Scarcity is what creates most problems. Season one was a disaster due to scarcity. They kept scarcity in season 2. Ive watched multiple alliances collapse and friends skilled and unskilled retire. You may not see how this impacts you but without the players that spend players like you don’t have s game. There are people that are passionate about the game. I don’t see you as one of them though I could be wrong. Piloting is/was a risk/reward proposition just like the modding I still see. Change the reward not just the risk and you’ve got a real answer.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    I feel sick to the core and disgusted by people trying to justify piloting. Cheaters cheat out of greed and dishonest, not scarcity or whatever you call it. Let say they double the rewards, cheaters will continue to cheat to get the bigger prizes they don’t deserve.

I’m glad Kabam do something with it even though they can’t catch them all.
  • Agree 100% with the last two posts.
    Op is trying his best to lay the blame for cheating on anything except cheaters in an extremely transparent way while gingerly throwing out thinly veiled threats of payments drying up.

"golly gee officer... If there was just more money for everyone we wouldn't HAVE to rob the gas station. It's not really an issue of stealing so much as scarcity of cash. You can see that's not our fault"

"listen baby, you were out of town. It's not MY fault I hooked up with her. There was a scarsity of female companionship"

I've watched the alliances crumble as well and I'm glad they have. Many of the ones that are retiring are doing so because they can't have what they want without putting in work anymore. Some are known to need pilots when they're in a certain level alliance and are too proud/lazy to fight at their skill level. Many of the crumbling alliances were albatrosses around the community's neck. But regardless of their personal reasons... Getting upset because kabam decided to enforce long-standing rules is asinine and childlike. A tantrum that's laid out to look resemble a well thought out argument is still a tantrum.

You’re making personal remarks taking about “lack of a moral compass”. Please read what you write. The reward setup is the problem. Scarcity is what creates most problems. Season one was a disaster due to scarcity. They kept scarcity in season 2. Ive watched multiple alliances collapse and friends skilled and unskilled retire. You may not see how this impacts you but without the players that spend players like you don’t have s game. There are people that are passionate about the game. I don’t see you as one of them though I could be wrong. Piloting is/was a risk/reward proposition just like the modding I still see. Change the reward not just the risk and you’ve got a real answer.

So u r allowed to cheat as long as u think the rewards suck is that what u r saying because I can answer that question and it is NO cheating isn't ok under any circumstances piloting is a form of cheating therefore it is a problem the ones that pilot are 100% responsible for their own actions u also have no room to complain about someone making things personal because u said u r likely better than me that is making things personal so don't be a hypocrite
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★

It's not personal at all. I'm allowed to have convictions on cheating. I didn't direct it at anyone specifically. If you're trying to tug at my sympathy because dishonest Players are leaving, you're going to have a hard time. People leaving for other reasons is a separate topic. Scarcity is not what causes people to cheat. Greed is. The system is based on Rank Rewards. If everyone played by the rules, they would fall into whatever spot they deserve. Cheating is not necessitated by scarcity. People who can't accept not winning is at the root of it.

You directed it toward everyone LOL. That makes it better. Your comments are refuted by changes in behavior from AW before seasons and after. Top tier alliances were doing two wars a week not 3. If someone wanted to pilot to win there was little notice given. See, that’s the thing about having an idea when it’s been tested. If greed was the motivator and winning was the goal they would have done 3 wars a week and piloted. That didn’t happen. Wanna try again since the data doesn’t support what you’re saying?

Your sympathy was not desire or asked for. Not sure what you’re reading there. You’re not that critical no matter how much you talk here.
    What? Lol. No point to be made there. Just what are you talking about? Lol.
    My comment was not directed at everyone. My comment was about cheating in general. It's greed that fuels it.
    Regardless of whatever changes you cite, it does not justify breaking the rules. The changes to War are not a justification.
    You're acting as if it's only just begun. Piloting, hiring Mercs, using Mods, Account Sharing, nothing is new, and certainly nothing is due to recent changes. What's new is the added enforcement of the rules. It's always been against the rules, and it's always been wrong morally. In fact, the more you lament about the scarcity of Rewards, the more you support what I'm saying. People cheat because they don't care about the rules, they care about getting the spoils at any cost.

It's not personal at all. I'm allowed to have convictions on cheating. I didn't direct it at anyone specifically. If you're trying to tug at my sympathy because dishonest Players are leaving, you're going to have a hard time. People leaving for other reasons is a separate topic. Scarcity is not what causes people to cheat. Greed is. The system is based on Rank Rewards. If everyone played by the rules, they would fall into whatever spot they deserve. Cheating is not necessitated by scarcity. People who can't accept not winning is at the root of it.

You directed it toward everyone LOL. That makes it better. Your comments are refuted by changes in behavior from AW before seasons and after. Top tier alliances were doing two wars a week not 3. If someone wanted to pilot to win there was little notice given. See, that’s the thing about having an idea when it’s been tested. If greed was the motivator and winning was the goal they would have done 3 wars a week and piloted. That didn’t happen. Wanna try again since the data doesn’t support what you’re saying?

Your sympathy was not desire or asked for. Not sure what you’re reading there. You’re not that critical no matter how much you talk here.
    If he is that critical how come more people are agreeing with him than u then again he isn't try in to defend piloting either
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Lol you don't seem to have a grasp on what a competitive game environment is. In any given game there will always be players who strive to beat the system, bend the rules, and do anything and everything that the game developers never thought of in order to gain an advantage. It's up to the game developers to change the rules, enforce the TOS, and change the system to stop those players who went too far. There will always be people creating mods/bots for the game. Even now with the stricter rules, there are alliances and people trying to push the boundaries again to gain whatever edge they can. This is normal behavior of any competitive game environment.

I'm not justifying that what TOS violators have done in the past was right. I am very glad Kabam has cracked down on piloting and made alliance war much more interesting. But to say the problem right now is that there in people in this game who are greedy, while true, is a worthless statement to make. There will always be greedy people, there will always be cheaters. If Kabam can create an environment where the greedy people can't break the rules to get an advantage, then that is most ideal.

Lol you don't seem to have a grasp on what a competitive game environment is. In any given game there will always be players who strive to beat the system, bend the rules, and do anything and everything that the game developers never thought of in order to gain an advantage. It's up to the game developers to change the rules, enforce the TOS, and change the system to stop those players who went too far. There will always be people creating mods/bots for the game. Even now with the stricter rules, there are alliances and people trying to push the boundaries again to gain whatever edge they can. This is normal behavior of any competitive game environment.

I'm not justifying that what TOS violators have done in the past was right. I am very glad Kabam has cracked down on piloting and made alliance war much more interesting. But to say the problem right now is that there in people in this game who are greedy, while true, is a worthless statement to make. There will always be greedy people, there will always be cheaters. If Kabam can create an environment where the greedy people can't break the rules to get an advantage, then that is most ideal.

When discussing the nature of it, it's pertinent. The claim was made that it was because of the system. That's not the case. It's not the Rewards. It's not the changing Meta. It's not the self-imposed strain. It's greed. People are fuelled by greed when they break the rules. Yes, wherever there are Human Beings there will be Human Behavior. However, that is no justification. There is good behavior and bad behavior. Saying it will always be present could be viewed as an excuse, when in fact, it is far too rampant to brush off as "just doing what Mammals do". It's wrong. It's not a result of the system. It's the result of people who don't value fair play.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Some of you are to obtuse to get what the OP is saying. Cracking down on piloting will not fix what is wrong with the game.

To the clown that said the OP was trying to justify piloting or the other clown that said he’s blaming everyone but the cheaters missed the point of the post.

Out of 10k+ alliances how does it make sense for only 300 alliances to get decent rewards after 2 months of play. Extend the rewards to the top 1500 alliances in AQ and AW. There is no alliance out there that’s playing everyday competitively outside of the top 1500. Kabam is giving 1200 of them the finger.

There are too many things wrong with this game and the finger only needs to be pointed at Kabam.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Cheating is related to people being bored with RNG? Lol. Disagree with that one.
    Cheating has been around as long as Gaming has existed. At the heart of it is greed. People want what they want, and will do anything to get it. Any comparison to the "state of the game" is not looking at the reality of it.
    TL:DR - It's not the game's fault people cheat, it's a lack of moral compass.

Yes and no. I do believe in a moral foundation and that if a person gets angry that is within their control and the results of their anger are their responsibility should they take it out on someone. However, At the same time I believe it is possible to provoke someone to anger. To push buttons and push the limits of their character and ability to not remain calm. I think that is equally wrong. Like poking a dog with a stick then being upset when it bites you.

Players shouldn't cheat. Period.
    Yet, Kabam provokes anger from players. The large majority on the forums seem to constantly feel "gipped" by the game and therefore feel they did not get what they worked for. When players feel gipped, they feel owed. Well they feel owed the feel justified to cheat. It is wrong but not always unprovoked.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    This thread is great:

"You don't get it!"

"No...YOU don't get!"

Rinse, repeat...
  • Blax4ever wrote: »
    Some of you are to obtuse to get what the OP is saying. Cracking down on piloting will not fix what is wrong with the game.

To the clown that said the OP was trying to justify piloting or the other clown that said he’s blaming everyone but the cheaters missed the point of the post.

Out of 10k+ alliances how does it make sense for only 300 alliances to get decent rewards after 2 months of play. Extend the rewards to the top 1500 alliances in AQ and AW. There is no alliance out there that’s playing everyday competitively outside of the top 1500. Kabam is giving 1200 of them the finger.

There are too many things wrong with this game and the finger only needs to be pointed at Kabam.

This clown is fine with spreading rewards around *shrug*

This clown also wants a level playing field. Nothing wrong with 30v30. To hell with the cheaters... But sure, spread rewards... Just don't try to say piloting wasn't a problem. It's existed forever and it sucks. Season 1 just ramped it up. No matter the reason, they're still cheaters. Doesn't matter if there are issues with the game or the setup... Still cheaters.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all,

We understand and appreciate your feedback about these issues and we've stated that we are working on improvements to Alliance Quests.

Aside from this, we've made it very clear that account sharing is against the rules, regardless of the reason the player feels compelled to do so.

As this thread has devolved into personal insults, it will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.