**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Greater Realism in Abilities

Having chosen Hood to play against War Machine as most projectiles should miss, my character is still mown down when only 10% of projectiles should hit. While part of the point of S3 is that it is unblockable, this kind of behaviour breaks character continuity, as (in this case) invisibility now seems to have been interrupted. Invisibility becomes a gimmick, and it is hard to suspend disbelief.

Similarly, recently I was reading of a suggestion that Ice Man should be cold resistant (and perhaps more susceptible to heat).
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/328063

So I would suggest that for powers, an internal look-up table is kept for specific character modifiers. While of course all of these powers are non-physical, in that they cannot exist, narrative non-physicality breaks continuity in the game, and is worth the effort of fixing so as to enhance game immersion.

Comments

• EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    While yes, I agree that Iceman should be cold resistant, I don't believe that sp3 should not stop invisibility. The point of the special is for it to be a cinematic fight scene, in which the user mows down the opponent with a series of cool attacks (or, in colossus's case, a simple tap on the head). It bypasses any active buffs and debuffs to your opponent or yourself, respectively. It ruins the whole coolness of the attack if you dodge all the attacks.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I agree, something can't be done for balancing purposes (like Hulk having Regen) but some do. It is not Kabam isn't trying, but something as obvious as giving cold immunity to Iceman is not too much to ask.
  • MorosophMorosoph Posts: 100
    It would also be cool to have daredevil be immune to invisibility.

I agree that it's hard to catch every case, but it's a worthy target, and an internal look-up table cross-referencing immunities could be easily updated to include new ones.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Morosoph wrote: »

I agree that it's hard to catch every case, but it's a worthy target, and an internal look-up table cross-referencing immunities could be easily updated to include new ones.

Love the idea!
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★

Daredevil actually IS immune to invisibility.
    I agree, @Haji_Saab which is why my point concerns narrative. Authors are highly aware of this strange paradox of combining the fantastical and the real.

I'm glad that DD is immune, BTW! That is as it should be :)
    While yes, I agree that Iceman should be cold resistant, I don't believe that sp3 should not stop invisibility. The point of the special is for it to be a cinematic fight scene, in which the user mows down the opponent with a series of cool attacks (or, in colossus's case, a simple tap on the head). It bypasses any active buffs and debuffs to your opponent or yourself, respectively. It ruins the whole coolness of the attack if you dodge all the attacks.

It turns out that Luke Cage is unaffected by Karnak's S3 when 'Invulnerable'. There is no consistency here.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

It turns out that Luke Cage is unaffected by Karnak's S3 when 'Invulnerable'. There is no consistency here.

And that’s bad y? R u saying because of the AAR? There’s still a 20% chance (if the effect even applies before the hit) to not take damage from the single hit.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★

There is consistency, but it's based on the principle that (as @EnderDraco58 says above), the SP3 is fundamentally different from all other attacks. They often do less damage than the SP2 and can't be critical hits; but the payoff is that they are Unblockable and unavoidable.

As a result, Hood isn't alone - other defensive abilities that suffer in the same way as Hood's Invisibility are:
    Civil Warriors Special Damage reduction when blocking
    Mordo's Energy damage when blocking
    Vulture's Decoy charge
    Captain Marvel's Energy absorption when blocking
    Red Hulk's Energy absorption when blocking
    Evasion doesn't work against SP3s (Daredevil, Spiderman, Nightcrawler, etc)

Because SP3s can't be criticals, some offensive abilities suffer in the same way as Hood's Invisibility does:
    Cyclops Signature bonus damage does not apply to his SP3 (no critical hits allowed)
    Likewise Gamora's Assassination doesn't apply to her SP3.
    Rogue's Sig to get 'Critical' Power Drains shouldn't work on her SP3 (unless someone has evidence otherwise?)

On the other hand, effects that reduce damage taken are perfectly effective against SP3. Several with * actually work better against SP3s than they do against SP2, because even multi-hit SP3s count as single hit:

Armour up is effective against SP3.
    Physical Resistance is effective against SP3.
    Energy Resistance is effective against SP3.
    Invulnerability is effective against SP3.
    *Safeguard is effective against SP3.
    Glancing is effective against SP3.
    Limbo is effective against SP3.
    *Ice Armour is effective against SP3.
    Reflective armour is effective against SP3
    *Urgent Retraction is effective against SP3.

---

So there is consistency; but it's to the special nature of the SP3 rather than the specific abilities of the champions.

I've no objection in principle to these changing - but if your Hood's Invisibility gets to work against SP3s, I want my Civil Warrior's 25% Special Damage reduction! And Cyclops' Bonus damage...

I guess that that makes sense, @Magrailothos - that that is enough for me.