Champion Spotlight - Carnage [CORRECTED]

Comments

• RafitasRafitas Posts: 65
    The worst so far Draco, it's a big, big shame to "The most requested character".
  • BlackenedBlackened Posts: 23
    My posts have been deleted a couple times, which is all the confirmation I need that they're not going to do anything about this mess. Obviously we can't get everything we want, but this one is a pretty big disappointment.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited June 2017
    Blackened wrote: »
    My posts have been deleted a couple times, which is all the confirmation I need that they're not going to do anything about this mess. Obviously we can't get everything we want, but this one is a pretty big disappointment.

Yep I had a post shutdown this morning too.

I get why, but kabam needs to realise these posts are out of frustration of the state of Carnage and the lack of communication.

It's a very poor effort.

They keep shutting down threads but don't reply to anything being said.
    They've said Carnage feedback was passed on to the 'team' but then later posted that no 'changes to the current champs are planned'.

They need to stop using the 'close thread' button and start using the 'reply' one.

People just want to know why Carnage is so rubbish and when he'll be fixed.
    It's not hard to spend 1 minute writing an update weekly.
  • Hey guys,

Sorry for not having anything to add lately, but as we have said before, the team is aware of your guys feelings about Carnage. They don't however have any plans to change him RIGHT NOW. This doesn't mean that they won't in the future, and hopefully it won't be long before they are able to actually sit and discuss Carnage.

But as it stands, there is nothing coming imminently. We don't often make adjustments to Champions right after they are released. If we get any more information, we'll let you guys know, but I wouldn't expect any buffs in the very near future.
  • ConquestConquest Posts: 16
    Disappointing to hear that carnage won't be changed soon, rank down tickets specific to carnage would be nice though so that at least the catalysts put into him are wasted.

Bit disheartened with the whole game knowing clearly no testing really takes place or else the testers must go ignored.
  • RafitasRafitas Posts: 65
    Guys, look this comparation with Carnage 4* 50/5 and Quake 4* 40/4.
    Is supposed to an r4 have the SAME ATTACK as r5? Just no make any sense.
    I'm using suicides masteries.
    dqu664icwgem.png
    40hhc7ergdag.png
  • ddatmddatm Posts: 21
    Nobody asks to turn Carnage into a starlord, voodoo or gwenpool, all we ask is to treat this character with some respect and at least let him be a mid-tier champion (to be honest, I would rather have Iron patriot's ability in this model). He is currently the worst in the game and kabam shows no interest in changing him so far.

I know Kabam has massive EGO and they won't admit they made some mistakes or did some disappointing work unless players are super mad. But, trust me, Kabam, this EGO will kill this game sooner or later if you insist on it.
  • nebneb Posts: 428 ★★★
    There's really only 3 possibilities here for what happened.
    1. Either they don't know how to test a champion.
    2. They didn't test this champion.
    3. They lied about this champion for profit.

You can still go to the actual spotlight. It's downright laughable the claims they make about him that aren't true. My favorite is that he counters Electro really well due to his bleeds! I try to keep a positive attitude so ill give them the benefit of doubt and choose the first option.
    This is Merriam-Websters definition of bait and switch:
    the ploy of offering a person something desirable to gain favor (such as political support) then thwarting expectations with something less desirable
    In fair business practice a full refund would be expected along with an apology. Digital goods cash value can be tricky but recent sale of 5 star shards have set the precedent of 500 dollars roughly for 15000. So if someone used 45000 in order to acquire Carnage wouldn't it be fair to say they are entitled to a 1500 dollar refund? I'm not a lawyer, just asking.
  • Spartacus29Spartacus29 Posts: 90
    Hey guys,

Sorry for not having anything to add lately, but as we have said before, the team is aware of your guys feelings about Carnage. They don't however have any plans to change him RIGHT NOW. This doesn't mean that they won't in the future, and hopefully it won't be long before they are able to actually sit and discuss Carnage.

But as it stands, there is nothing coming imminently. We don't often make adjustments to Champions right after they are released. If we get any more information, we'll let you guys know, but I wouldn't expect any buffs in the very near future.

@Kabam Miike
    I don't like the answer but thank you for the response. As a community we need more of these 5 second responses even if it's to say you have no new news. Otherwise it feels as if we are being ignored and that causes distrust and aggravation.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    neb wrote: »
    This is Merriam-Websters definition of bait and switch:
    the ploy of offering a person something desirable to gain favor (such as political support) then thwarting expectations with something less desirable
    In fair business practice a full refund would be expected along with an apology. Digital goods cash value can be tricky but recent sale of 5 star shards have set the precedent of 500 dollars roughly for 15000. So if someone used 45000 in order to acquire Carnage wouldn't it be fair to say they are entitled to a 1500 dollar refund? I'm not a lawyer, just asking.

Nope... The TOS states they reserve the right to change anything in their game without reimbursement. By playing the game you agreed to that.

Not saying I like it, but that's the way it is.

Now, a GOOD gaming development team would take what the community wants and make it happen. But we all know that doesn't happen around here.
  • Spartacus29Spartacus29 Posts: 90
    @Kabam Miike

A couple of suggestions for the team to look at when they have the time.

1. Carnage imo is great when he's fighting someone with double edge and so is bleeding from the beginning. He's just fun then since you don't have to try to make a heavy connect and instead he causes bleed like OG black panther does. For anyone who hasn't yet, just duel somebody with double edge and see if you agree. He isn't OP by a long shot but at least he is fun to use then and that's the whole point. I can see heavy and sp3 causing longer or stronger bleeds than just regular contact ones but my biggest suggestion to fix him would be to make him cause bleed on any type of hit like BP.

2. Give him a small form of regen. Maybe something triggered if he himself is caused to bleed. Make him all about the bleed no matter who it is who's bleeding.

3. One of the two above are the main things that would be a quick, small but very fun fix to him but I'll still mention it would be nice if he had a 3 second mutation instead of 10. 10 seconds takes way too long and it's a bit of a crapshoot to get a buff you want/need to be permanent.

1 and/or 2 would be enough to make people like him and give him SOME use in AQ or AW. 3 is more of a want than a need.

Just my .2 thanks
    Does the TOS state they are allowed to mislead their customers in order to make a profit? They didn't change anything. They lied about what they were selling. We even have an admission of guilt in the first comment of this thread. They stated his prestige was higher then it ever actually was.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 508 ★★★
    Was playing carnage in master quest today. He did an L2 on me and I took all the hits to the face. It barely did any damage at all. Thanks guys! This made master quest a lot easier. I hope there are more high prestige champs that are as bad as carnage. It would make all the content much more doable.
  • TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    Slux83 wrote: »
    That video Carnage vs WS in ROL is just painful to watch. A 3* would do better!

That...is not entirely untrue. Most damage dealing champions could probably do as well, if not a little bit worse or better, depending on the case (star-lord), but they're 3* 4/40's, not maxed out 4*s...that's painful...really, really painful...And take the pillows off his hands? Hell, he'd be better if you just cut the whole damned arm off! (Not joking, the symbiote would make sure of it.)
  • I actually appreciate the response Miike. And I'm
    Hopeful that the not "RIGHT NOW" means something is coming. I've been disappointed before but I have a little hope left.
  • 35six735six7 Posts: 31
    Any chance to get rank down ticket will be available specifically for Carnage?
    35six7 wrote: »
    Any chance to get rank down ticket will be available specifically for Carnage?

A fix would be better
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Rank down tickets wouldn't make sense. He wasn't changed, we ranked knowing what he is. But I would love to see some tweak to him. His animations are great, but he has no functionality. Make him do something well, even if it's only one thing. Please?
  • Removed my post with the Forbes article link around how kabam really tries to get characters right for the community. No mention of nerfing characters that the community likes and pushing out terrible characters that the community the has been begging for like my boy carnage. He needs a fix asap. No more waiting.
    Any chance we'll see anything with 14.0 update, Miiike?
  • Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Any chance we'll see anything with 14.0 update, Miiike?

Not yet. We are going to take a look at him soon, but we don't know when that will be yet.
    Thanks mike
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Great news! I think that would make a fair portion of the community happy to hear :)
  • Thank you Miike.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 4,989 ★★★★★
    If I was someone who supervises the Dev team, I would be really concerned how this champion got released with these abilities in the first place.

I read the abilities and shook my head in disbelief. That was prior to playing with him. I just can't believe anyone can seriously say that they tested his abilities in a proper fight.