**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Vanquishing Blows, Too Time Consuming [Merged Threads]

Comments

• SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    I'm assuming the whole "excluding Visions" is for everyday and not just today but we'll see.

Also idk what Kabam are thinking other than making it harder for us to get the AG. That's the only reason I can see for this design honestly. It's possible that the other days it'll be normal challenges like before but it also leads me to think they are gonna do things like "must finish a fight with a character named Peter or Tony and it has to be a SP3" or some weird stuff.
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    It's time-consuming to end a Fight with an L2? Really....Lol. If you're that determined to Rank in it, run Beginner or Normal for Exploration towards Dust and fire the L2 when it fills. No one says you have to do it. If that's your personal goal, you can't complain the game is at fault.

That's a great suggestion. But there is a major flaw. As most said "it is way too much time consuming". And about playing in normal or beginner AI is passive as hell. They just stand there most of the time. And that would take even more longer as for your suggestion.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    I really don't understand why they would make is such a narrow event. The only ones were great because you got the points from normal game play or arena grinding. Run through tour roster in the arena and hit almost every milestone. Now you almost HAVE to run RTTL using Hype to reach all the milestones. With everything going on this month making blows so narrow (and linking a much needed resource to it) is dungeons all over again.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Just passed 120 k sitting at my desk letting hyp power gain, then pressing a button. The issue I have is it now waste my time doing anything else in game. Once again bots and grinders will hit it but to think I will need to use 1 whole energy refill to do it tonight, and the hour it will take is just sad.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    It's time-consuming to end a Fight with an L2? Really....Lol. If you're that determined to Rank in it, run Beginner or Normal for Exploration towards Dust and fire the L2 when it fills. No one says you have to do it. If that's your personal goal, you can't complain the game is at fault.

The forums are where people can provide feedback to Kabam on the many different events and aspects of the game. In this case, people are finding the Vanquishing Blow event too time consuming given how strict the requirements are and how many points are given per fight.

Just saying, "No one says you have to do it" is a worthless comment and non-constructive. You could say that to just about everything in the game.

I see, so trying to school me on what the Forum is used for is constructive. Hmm...
    When discussing how time-consuming it is, it's a good point to note that it's not mandatory. The implication is the demand is too high. There's an expectation that's out of rationale. Like anything in the game, if you want all the Rewards, you have to put in the time and effort. Otherwise, there's no point in running an Event, and they might as well just give the Rewards. They're earned in a specific way. If people think it's not worth the time and effort, that's up to them. They don't have to run it.
    For that matter, it doesn't take much time and effort to pick an Easy Quest and spam an L2 with Hyperion.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Diirx wrote: »
    It’s a grind but if you have hype then you can do RTTL 1.1 and just stand there till your at sp2 and popo it off. Very time consuming but it’s the cheapest and easiest way

Why Hyp specifically? Wouldn't that work with any cosmic champs?

That's actually time-consuming! Your reaction to "it's time-consuming" is "make those quick fights where you parry and kill them right away (or autobattle) into long fights where you need to wait until your powerbar fills, can't hit them before that, must pay attention to not let it get to S3" time-consuming!!

Also, in those difficulties they barely attack so it's basically just two dancing monkey's with an odd hit here and there until your powerbar fills up. But thank you for your suggestion, it's real helpful and seems like you read and understood the complaints people have... smh.
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    here's the next one:

5 star rank 4 mutants with an odd sig ability (71 or higher) and must be double immune and must be done on even hours of the day

You forgot to exclude captain America and captain America wwii

I wanted to reply with a joke but then I read your reply and I just can't top it. I laughed out loud.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    In a game rife with burnout, let's add another tedious task...

That being said, I'm running through Beginner and Normal with a full cosmic lineup. I was going to do those quests anyways and I have a lineup high enough that I can autofight through those levels, so it's not quite a big deal. At least today's version.

Regardless, this version I think is a little too specific to be realistic. 75 fights with a cosmic champ SP2? At the very least points should be awarded for other fights.

Cosmic SP2 - 4k
    Cosmic win - 1k
    Any SP2 - 1k
    Any win - 100
  • This is why I chuckle when players keep naively asking Kabam for "new and exciting events" and "better rewards" without realizing that this game is zero-sum at best. At best.

You ask Kabam for $1, they will give it to you but take $1 back from you in another way.

You ask for $10, they'll hand you $10 but take it back through some other means.

And lately, it's worse than a zero-sum game. They want us doing more for the same rewards. AQ sentinels, dungeons, and now this stupid change to vanquishing blows.

And it's obvious they don't care, because they keep squeezing us for more and more time and money and all we get back is a "sorry" but they keep pushing their agenda anyway.

How many times are they going to say sorry?
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 404 ★★

The forums are where people can provide feedback to Kabam on the many different events and aspects of the game. In this case, people are finding the Vanquishing Blow event too time consuming given how strict the requirements are and how many points are given per fight.

Just saying, "No one says you have to do it" is a worthless comment and non-constructive. You could say that to just about everything in the game.

I see, so trying to school me on what the Forum is used for is constructive. Hmm...
    When discussing how time-consuming it is, it's a good point to note that it's not mandatory. The implication is the demand is too high. There's an expectation that's out of rationale. Like anything in the game, if you want all the Rewards, you have to put in the time and effort. Otherwise, there's no point in running an Event, and they might as well just give the Rewards. They're earned in a specific way. If people think it's not worth the time and effort, that's up to them. They don't have to run it.
    For that matter, it doesn't take much time and effort to pick an Easy Quest and spam an L2 with Hyperion.

You could say you think the rewards are worth the effort to get points in this event. That is fine and constructive feedback. But when the OP is saying he thinks this event is too time-consuming, general statements like "Everyone is free to do whatever they want" provide no value to the argument. I'm pointing it out because I've noticed this for a while now.

My feedback on the event is that I think the specific class combined with finishing hit is a bit too narrow to enjoy this event. Luckily cosmic was paired to SP2 which is great with Hyperion. But if a random combination came out to Science and SP3, that would be brutal. For future iterations of Vanquishing Blows I hope they would increase the points given or provide more than 1 way to earn points for the event.

Combos could get even worse once you start incorporating past requirements, such as bleed, shock, incinerate, etc....
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    Diirx wrote: »
    It’s a grind but if you have hype then you can do RTTL 1.1 and just stand there till your at sp2 and popo it off. Very time consuming but it’s the cheapest and easiest way

Why Hyp specifically? Wouldn't that work with any cosmic champs?

That's actually time-consuming! Your reaction to "it's time-consuming" is "make those quick fights where you parry and kill them right away (or autobattle) into long fights where you need to wait until your powerbar fills, can't hit them before that, must pay attention to not let it get to S3" time-consuming!!

Also, in those difficulties they barely attack so it's basically just two dancing monkey's with an odd hit here and there until your powerbar fills up. But thank you for your suggestion, it's real helpful and seems like you read and understood the complaints people have... smh.
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    here's the next one:

5 star rank 4 mutants with an odd sig ability (71 or higher) and must be double immune and must be done on even hours of the day

You forgot to exclude captain America and captain America wwii

I wanted to reply with a joke but then I read your reply and I just can't top it. I laughed out loud.

Because of his power gain,back out until you get 2 bars and fire.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    SCHNOOT wrote: »
    However, in my opinion, obtaining the top rewards should be more so based on who has the skill and abilities than it is who has no life and can play the game all day every day.

What if there were no "top" rewards? What if after 300k they implemented a slowly diminishing returns of rewards for every 100k above 300k, indefinitely? Then what? If the case is that the top milestone should always be achievable, and should always require some maximum amount effort, does that mean Kabam should be forbidden from adding additional milestones above the current top one, and must always cap the rewards so players can "reach the top?" Because that seems to be an odd requirement to have.

The point is, is it fair to judge the absolute top milestone in any event as necessarily being achievable with moderate effort only? That no one is allowed to put in more than moderate effort and expect any reward for it?
  • Kabam... Seriously? This is totally unacceptable.

You have gimped the rewards and value for this event and made it harder.

This is not limited to vanquishing blows...

The celebrity challenge, uncollected, offers.

And now you're gimping the infinite grind rewards. THIS SUCKS.

I am ready to quit this BS game. I am having no fun playing anymore and this **** you keep shoving at us does not help.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Oh I’m doing this while exploring normal mode, and compared to what I’ve been doing the past couple days it is time consuming, here’s an example.
    Yesterday, I threw my iceman into the team turned on autofight, and even if the AI played terribly, they’d still die reasonably quickly to coldsnap.
    Now, I have to put hela in my team, along with dormammu for the power start 1 synergy, as well as elektra + 2x DD, then I have to wait for the AI to hit me 10 times (bare in mind the iceman fight would last for 1-2 hits) then I can launch the L2.

Now I will likely do this event most days regardless because I want that 5* gem, but please don’t be ignorant claiming that waiting on an L2 isn’t time consuming.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Ha, I quit thinking the 5* AG would be worth the time after the first day of dungeons. I feel for you guys still chasing it.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Considering the milestones were much higher with that scoring, as long as they don’t have any absurd class/hit combos, it’s going to be just as fast, if not faster to do these. You may be forced to use a class you don’t normally use, but oh well.
    @Double_Dragon2 Do you remember what the milestones were? I remember them being much higher than 300k points, so that may be why the others were removed.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    @Double_Dragon2 Do you remember what the milestones were? I remember them being much higher than 300k points, so that may be why the others were removed.

It went up to 866k I believe.

ArmandStar wrote: »
    i ask this not as a complain but because of mere curiosity. why are alliance quest and wars excluded?

AQ and AW have always been excluded from these events.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    Nobody mentioned that having Tech Combat on during this makes it double suck? Choose the event you want to score points in. I would think this was an oversight, but then Kabam. Working as intended.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Oh I’m doing this while exploring normal mode, and compared to what I’ve been doing the past couple days it is time consuming, here’s an example.
    Yesterday, I threw my iceman into the team turned on autofight, and even if the AI played terribly, they’d still die reasonably quickly to coldsnap.
    Now, I have to put hela in my team, along with dormammu for the power start 1 synergy, as well as elektra + 2x DD, then I have to wait for the AI to hit me 10 times (bare in mind the iceman fight would last for 1-2 hits) then I can launch the L2.

Now I will likely do this event most days regardless because I want that 5* gem, but please don’t be ignorant claiming that waiting on an L2 isn’t time consuming.

If you have Hyperion, it's easy work. Stand there until you get to 2 Bars, and fire off.
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 404 ★★
    Another thought I had (call it a complaint if you will haha, but meant to be an observation): right now, the tech combat solo event is also live. In past Vanquishing Blows events, since they weren't class-specific for what champs you used, you could be achieving points in both solo events at the same time. Now that we will have to use a specific class, that option is off the table most times, making us either choose to focus on one or the other (time permitting), or spend more energy/time in arenas to try and accomplish both. And yes, the common counter argument to this would l be “focus on the rewards best for you, you don’t have to participate in every event offered, etc”...but given that we’ve never had to make that choice before, why must we now?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Sheesh people. You don't have to rank in every vanquishing blows event. This doesn't have to be anything more than regular game play. If you haven't run the lower level 1 energy EQs run it with Hype and a power gain team and L2s all day. Otherwise finish fights when you happen to have a cosmic champ with a L2 and hit a few milestones. Vanquishing blows always includes some that you would have to grind if you want to rank but it can be free stuff for fights you were going to do anyway.