**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are arenas worth it?

I've been playing arenas for a while now, yet I only earned two champs out of countless arenas played. Are the arenas really worth playing?

Are arenas worth it? 86 votes

Yes, very.
46%
ArcDeAngelusGroundedWisdomRagamugginGunnerMr_PlatypusGround_Round1dangerbluDexman1349buffajrPrimmer79Feeney234Sac123_BUZZdog30001haunted_memorySavio444ShaheerFIazNitro422Nemesis666SpiderCoolsIcecold2099Donnymeij 40 votes
No, useless
22%
ThatweirdguyJRock808Slux83CapWW2SpeedbumpphillgreenFoxhero007WarpathhydrogohardHairyslugcausticElitehunterBahamutIanMoone89DiablosUltimateKillSwitchCorsairCardsiRetr0REGNUMSPEM 19 votes
Play if there are good champs
25%
SIlverProfessorbm3eppsbuttersGreifmaster911Kayne34IceBobbySyndicatedxananabananaArnav1004_yadavXFA_Rebootedjshanso2shadow_lurker22Spark99EnderDraco58VoltolosIBlueShiftIlazer_siteRonin916Gautam91madlad100 22 votes
Only play 4* arenas
5%
Riegelhumzah217Stark78AlfaItsTheBroskiGazra83 5 votes

Comments

• iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    No, useless
    Ugh I feel they are almost useless if you don't have quite an amount of decent champs to score points
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Yes, very.
    I grind the milestones in the 3* Featured and 4* Basic almost every time. Easy source of 400 units a week plus the gold/units from the battle chips are a good bonus. The shards from the ranked rewards add up to more champs rather quickly as well.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Yes, very.
    Most of my best champs came from arena. Stark spidey, Medusa, doc oc. Soon blade which starts tomorrow.
    Yes, very.
    It's been a long time since I actually did the grind for a specific champ. I used to chase every new 3* Featured because they were easy targets but was burning out.

Over time you'll rank up more champs which only make the process easier. It is a very tedious task at the beginning, but it does get easier. And as SMiller said above, it's great practice against almost every opponent in the game.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    No, useless
    No, they are not. The rewards are good, especially units and shards, but not worth the time it requires to dedicate. I have been very arena focused and after having 35k wins there I can sincerely say that it gave me nothing - just some more 4star champions, good only for more arena grinding, plus shards for 15 or so 5star champions, which are all useless garbage and only good for grinding more arena as well.

That's because everything in this game have very bad odds and even if you grind up 10k units, there is a very good chance that you will not get anything from it, no matter if you get offer or use it for potions and refills to complete content for rewards or get featured gmc's - you still have to face 5star crystal rng which has what, 5% to get good champion? And then you have 1% to dupe the same champion from another crystal?
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    I mean, yes. The fact that you can get a free champ, which can be 4 or 5 stars, just makes them worthwhile.
    The only problem, which isn't a small problem, is how boring it is to grind. It took me 15-18 hours of grinding over three days to just get a 3* BP CW, and I only made top 10%. That experience kinda alienated me from playing any more arenas since, and I haven't played one since.
  • SoulBreaker1229SoulBreaker1229 Posts: 228
    So overall in votes... play arenas?
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    So overall in votes... play arenas?

Just depends on whether or not you're willing to spend that sort of time.
    Yes, very.
    Grinding arenas can be tedious busywork. It's very easy to knock out a couple milestones at night while watching TV. If I don't have the time then I won't do it. I won't stay up late or skip out on something in real life for arenas.

I'm already lounging on the couch watching TV after dinner. Might as well grind through a few points while I'm at it.

If there is a champ that I want, I'll try to time it so that I have minimal disruption to my weekend plans (mowing the lawn, hanging out with the kids, etc) and do it then but I don't stress out over getting the champ like I used to.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Only sometimes if you’re bored
  • S_GrungiS_Grungi Posts: 69
    The arena that you spend battle chips to enter is a waste. I hit milestone on 3 consecutive ones and received no rank rewards. The 3/4 arena I regularly get the basic champ. the battle chips are a big bonus for gold and units
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    No, useless
    I play arenas for something to do when I'm bored, I don't go much further than milestones in the 4* basic for an easy source of units and battlechips.

Grinding for more champs that won't help you anywhere but arena makes no sense to me.
  • Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    Yes, very.
    I get into the pool for each arena if I can. If I have time left, I run for higher milestones. It gives me some useful units and shards, and I know that I am helping someone get the champ they are gunning after.

I am trying to change up and be ftp only, so arena and battle chips are a great source of units. Save them, spend them.
    Well, after this poll, I decided that I'm gonna grind the next 4* arena that comes up.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 675 ★★★
    No, useless
    no they are worth the time. I myself only do the 1st 2 milestone and maybe the 3rd if I'm bored.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Yes, very.
    it all depends on the person, the time, the champ, etc. I've gone through phases where I went for 3-4 basic 4* in a row, and weeks of not touching arenas. I need gold so I've been doing milestones in the basic arena, but haven't gone for a champ in awhile
  • ZsirhcZZsirhcZ Posts: 131
    Yes, very.
    I run minimum rank in all arenas, plus all milestones in the 4 star basic. Every time. This is good for about 150k gold and maybe 300 units a week with good luck from BC.
    Kabam was really gracious giving us that Blade arena.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Yes, very.
    The answer to basically every question in this game is "Arenas".
  • RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
    Yes, very.
    Doing all milestones in arenas grant you around 8-900 units per weeks and 3-400 units comes from first round of milestone grinding and same for second round. Plus a little nice boost from battlechips for arena crystals that could lead you straight to 2k. In short! 2 weeks grind would give you around 2-3000 units.
  • KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 305 ★★★
    Yes, very.
    Agree with many others: Arena for gold/battlechips/units/crystal shards, not for champs.

(unless it's Blade!)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Yes, very.
    The Resources overall are essential to progression.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Yes, very.
    Ugh I feel they are almost useless if you don't have quite an amount of decent champs to score points

Well, to get more champs you need to do arena and then you can go for better champs that you really want.

I went for so many sub-par champs, just so I can have the roster ro finally go for Medusa, Morningstar, Mephisto and Blade. You cannot get something, without doing something.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Yes, very.
    You need arena to get the champ you want.
    You need a good batch of champs to run arena.
    You need gold to rank champs for arena.

It's a never ending cycle.