**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I have a 4* Skill Awakening Gem and I want some feedback..

k4hqjsw4nok9.png

So, my goal is to become uncollected and to use my awakening gem on that strategy.

I have 24 skill sigs also..

Would DD’s signature ability be strong enough to rely on it for the Collector or is there another champ you have in mind?

Comments

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    Save it for other top skill heroes like blade or gwenpool.
  • Options
    Abolitionist333_Abolitionist333_ Posts: 426
    Yea.. It’s jus seeing it in my inventory wears on me I guess.. GP would be ideal tho.. I wouldn’t have to use any extra sigs for the 1% perk
  • Options
    godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    as above save it
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    Yea.. It’s jus seeing it in my inventory wears on me I guess.. GP would be ideal tho.. I wouldn’t have to use any extra sigs for the 1% perk

I’ve held onto awakening gems for over a year. Patience pays off.
  • Options
    abelarmiabelarmi Posts: 86
    Go with DD classic. He is a unit saver against the collector if uncollected is your goal.
  • Options
    AnimatronicstoAnimatronicsto Posts: 194
    abelarmi wrote: »
    Go with DD classic. He is a unit saver against the collector if uncollected is your goal.

He needs to get to 5.2.6 first buddy. Also unless he has 98 sig stones lying around he won’t be good
  • Options
    Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    I would wait for blade.

I have 2 generic 4* awakening stones laying around. I have lots of peeps I would like to drop them on...but waiting for blade and iceman.
  • Options
    Deebo4300Deebo4300 Posts: 91
    Daredevil is great for collector and pretty useful overall. With that being said he really needs to be high sig. Mine was an r5 sig 99 at time I went for uncollected and still took several revives.
  • Options
    Nick0609Nick0609 Posts: 71
    I was sitting on a 4* skill gem for over a year until i got blade. It's worth the wait!
  • Options
    Alright..

I was thinking about awakening Crossbones but after I found out in battle that he nullifies mordo’s evade degeneration I don’t really need to because arena is relatively cheap for him.. Jus a lil time..

KG’s got my back on saving a lot of units tho.. He’s my bro
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    I'm going with DD Classic. Sig 20 will get you to about 80% evade.

That's a lot of Special attacks avoided.

He's part of my strategy, anyway... Sig 80 so far...
  • Options
    IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    As already said save it for now mate..
    s5h1u9rx7yb9.png
    I've had them 2 generic awaking for a very long time.. Everytime I think about using one on a champ I end up duping them from a crystal anyway.. I used one of my 4* techs on SS (last month I think) That was worth it..
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

I won't say that 80% is worthless, but there's a fundamental difference in strategy between 80% and 100%. With 80% ranged evade you have an 80% chance of erasing a mistake when you fail to evade a ranged attack on your own. But you are still going to try: a 20% chance to get hit in the face with a ranged attack is too high a chance to just stand there and hope it kicks in. But at 100% you are essentially invulnerable to ranged attacks, including ones that are almost impossible for human reflexes to evade like War Machine's special 1. You can literally ignore them and play accordingly.

The switch from having to evade range and having an 80% safety blanket to being able to completely ignore all ranged attacks changes the way you play OG Daredevil in a fundamental way in my opinion.
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I’d say DD if you feel you need to use it right now instead of saving it. DD is amazing against the Collector when he’s awakened. BW wouldn’t be a bad choice either. Her sig is a passive reduction to enemy ability accuracy, so she’s good against evade and auto block champs.
  • Options
    It sounds like I need to just wait until the awakening gem becomes a need and not a desire..
  • Options
    JoMama999JoMama999 Posts: 43
    If you use that gem on DD you will regret it. Gwenpool is a great option if you need the help now, or you can wait for blade.

Don’t waste a gem on daredevil
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    It sounds like I need to just wait until the awakening gem becomes a need and not a desire..

That's a good rule for all hard to get resources. If it is not going to change the game for you, and the resources would be hard to replace, tomorrow is another day when the situation might change.
  • Options
    Moved this over to the Strategy and Tips section of the Forum.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I won't say that 80% is worthless, but there's a fundamental difference in strategy between 80% and 100%. With 80% ranged evade you have an 80% chance of erasing a mistake when you fail to evade a ranged attack on your own. But you are still going to try: a 20% chance to get hit in the face with a ranged attack is too high a chance to just stand there and hope it kicks in. But at 100% you are essentially invulnerable to ranged attacks, including ones that are almost impossible for human reflexes to evade like War Machine's special 1. You can literally ignore them and play accordingly.

The switch from having to evade range and having an 80% safety blanket to being able to completely ignore all ranged attacks changes the way you play OG Daredevil in a fundamental way in my opinion.

I agree with you, and nicely put. I'm not recommending sitting at 80% evade; just pointing out to the OP what his current stockpile of crystals will get him/her at the moment. The OP has plenty of time to increase the Sig level further.

I'm at 94% evade (Sig 70) and gaining.
  • Options
    Update: I went for Blade in the arena and received him today. He has received the awakening gem but I’m keeping my 26 sigs for now..
  • Options
    Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Use those sigs on him, he draws less power healing.