**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Base Hero Ratings a Big Deal ? Do I need all those champions ?

I'm asking because I only keep god tier, demi god & amazing, 4*, 5* and some 3* champions. The rest I sell to rank up. I generally have around 55 to 60 champions. Am l wrong ? Should I start keeping more champions ? To me, it's unnecessary
I can't rank ever champ, so why keep em ? Your input is welcome, and Thanks

Comments

• EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Base hero rating was the biggest hot topic during v12.0 & the compensation package that came with it (or it was v12.1, not sure which 1 it was). Like the nerf blade or rdt topics are now (sigh).
    There are pros & cons to keeping or selling your champs, that’s all up to you. But the cutoff for the biggest/most important rewards with said compensation package was set at 300k if memory serves.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Base hero rating was the biggest hot topic during v12.0 & the compensation package that came with it (or it was v12.1, not sure which 1 it was). Like the nerf blade or rdt topics are now (sigh).
    There are pros & cons to keeping or selling your champs, that’s all up to you. But the cutoff for the biggest/most important rewards with said compensation package was set at 300k if memory serves.
    Yeah that was a moment. Lol.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    There are 2 questions in your post.

Total base hero isn't important anymore. What you do need is champs that can help you clear AQ, AW (both offence and defence), Acts Labyrinth and prestige.
    So champs like Luke Cage and Spidergwen, just to name a few, aren't needed in your rosters.
    You clearly don't play arena that much so I don't see the need saving champs in your case.

Do you need all of them? Similar to my last opinion, you don't need all champs. Usually you just need to have 1-2 backup teams for AW, AQ. So keep that in mind
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    (...) But the cutoff for the biggest/most important rewards with said compensation package was set at 300k if memory serves.

It was 200k. I remember vividly, because I had a ranking of 199200 at the time. 😖

yeah i was at 201k, i proved it with pics back then but i still didnt get ****....

Depends if you were 200k when they took the snapshot or not. They took a snapshot before they handed out the first package. If you reached 200 after, it didn't count.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    I sell champs all the time. If that's how you want to play, have at it. You're playing for your own enjoyment. It's not the best move, costs dupe shards and iso, but I hate having tons of champs I'll never use. The 12.0 package really sucked for me cause I would've been well over 200k but other than that, rating has never mattered.
  • LordBaldyBaldLordBaldyBald Posts: 265
    I didn’t even know the 12.0 patch did that...
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Rating means zero.
  • 1927_2BPunished1927_2BPunished Posts: 60
    I thank you all for your insight, I've been playing mcoc for 6 months now and needed to know the pros and con's of selling or keeping champs.... Thanks again. ☺
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Hero rating means nothing.
    My rating is 509k and the lowest rated player in our alliance is 190k.
    He routinely gets higher scores than I do in AQ, he's a better player than I am.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    I'm asking because I only keep god tier, demi god & amazing, 4*, 5* and some 3* champions. The rest I sell to rank up. I generally have around 55 to 60 champions. Am l wrong ? Should I start keeping more champions ? To me, it's unnecessary
    I can't rank ever champ, so why keep em ? Your input is welcome, and Thanks

Not selling your champs means:
    -Significantly more ISO-8 from duped champions
    -Champions to use in Arena
    -Champions to rank up when your overflow is going to expire
    -Max signature crystals

Conclusion:
    - Base Hero Rating doesn't matter that much at all. I understand it's hard to be patient in this game, but if you are and play wisely you will advance a lot quicker than most. Be smart about it.
    Thanks
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    selling champs is about the worst thing you can do.
    Rating means nothing. PI means a little more. Prestige means the most.

I personally don't sell because I collect champs.

This is me:

737jjesmtni9.png
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I have a lot of max sig 4*s that give me double 5* shards every time I pull them. I have no problem selling the occasional champ but don't see the point in mass selling.
  • RedBaron99RedBaron99 Posts: 45
    edited May 2018
    The short term boost from selling your champs is far outweighed by the long term benefit of keeping them. Pretty certain you can pull awakening gems from those max sig crystals too, as well as the bonus shards and ISO each time (which you can sell for quite a hefty amount of gold if you're struggling for it).

Also, Luke Cage is pretty awesome now (but don't want to derail the thread any further with that comment!).

p.s. @ZzyzxGuy seeing that 6* Juggernaut makes me sad for you bud.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    RedBaron99 wrote: »
    The short term boost from selling your champs is far outweighed by the long term benefit of keeping them. Pretty certain you can pull awakening gems from those max sig crystals too, as well as the bonus shards and ISO each time (which you can sell for quite a hefty amount of gold if you're struggling for it).

Also, Luke Cage is pretty awesome now (but don't want to derail the thread any further with that comment!).

p.s. @ZzyzxGuy seeing that 6* Juggernaut makes me sad for you bud.

That's the other reason not to sell champs often. LC and Rulk are good now. Other champs may get buffed.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    (...) But the cutoff for the biggest/most important rewards with said compensation package was set at 300k if memory serves.

It was 200k. I remember vividly, because I had a ranking of 199200 at the time. 😖

yeah i was at 201k, i proved it with pics back then but i still didnt get ****....

It was given out based on your rating on the first of February, right before the v12 update hit. I might be slightly mistaken about the date, but since they changed prestige (and thus your rating) anything taken after the update could show a very different number. Also, the v12 update already got rank down tickets so for some people using those would have thrown them under the 200k cut off while they previously had been above. The second package had the awakening gem, I believe with the v12.1 update.

The most annoying thing about it was that the first package had a 75k or 100k cut off (or something along those lines) and people complained there should have been more brackets. So Kabam included a 200k cut off for the second package and **** hit the fan. They might make mistakes here and there, but no matter what they do, we'll fault them.

I'm still sitting on my skill awakening gem. I had 4+ champs of every class, but no skills. I didn't have 5* skill champs until a month ago. Neither Black Panther nor Hawkeye, both not even leveled yet so new are they to my roster, will get the gem.

Now to respond to the original question about selling or not. Don't sell. It's your account, your enjoyment is the only thing that matters, so do whatever you want, but with stuff like a 2* arena to get a 5*, solo advancement and level up events, prestige being something they want to move away from, compensation packages and obviously max sig crystals, there are so many reasons to keep them. Not to mention the normal arenas, you never know when you might want to do those. Or when they might add new/different arenas. Or even new game modes.
    @RedBaron99 yeah... It was a sad, sad day. I couldn't do anything but laugh.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I don't think it's the best play to sell, because this game has a way of rewarding patience. But I do know some people who sell all the time and they don't seem to care that much

Really, and someone said it earlier: It's a game. Play how you want that gives you the most satisfaction
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I will add this, though: One guy I know sold his 4-star Red Hulk. When they buffed him, that character would've been perfect for his roster with where he was in progression

In other words: There is always risk when removing a commodity that you possess but don't control the acquisition
    Selling is up to you. Personally I'm against it. Rating is significant internally for a few reasons, but Players seem to think it's not worth anything. I disagree myself, but play how you choose. It's also important to me personally. There's work that goes into that Rating. Lol. Some think the Rewards are better for selling, but it's actually counterproductive.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Selling is up to you. Personally I'm against it. Rating is significant internally for a few reasons, but Players seem to think it's not worth anything. I disagree myself, but play how you choose. It's also important to me personally. There's work that goes into that Rating. Lol. Some think the Rewards are better for selling, but it's actually counterproductive.

Rating is worth what we make it worth, so it's different for a lot of people. I'm curious which worth you put on it and why. (Not asking to be a ****, generally curious because you have some "controversial views" from time to time.)
    Thank you all for helping me get a better understanding and concept of playing.