**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Doc Octopus Power Locking

I need some advice on how to trigger power lock the opponent. I have an unawaken Doctor Octopus and most of the time gaining the armor up buff. I do parry, combo, parry, combo and at some point gets the armor up. What technique should I do to do power lock. Thanks.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Attack the enemy while he is blocking. 2/3 hits in his block + direct hits should be enough for you to activate power lock
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Attack the enemy while he is blocking. 2/3 hits in his block + direct hits should be enough for you to activate power lock

This plus intercepting. I wouldn't parry much unless you have to. You have to adapt your fight style depending on which buff you want. Parry is used for the heal block buff.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    Also, if you parry and get the heal block, use a heavy to get rid of it and start over.
  • iamthegodofwariamthegodofwar Posts: 74
    Awesome. Thanks guys.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Raganator wrote: »
    Also, if you parry and get the heal block, use a heavy to get rid of it and start over.

Yep parry>heavy> hit into block and if the respective research was at 100 it will power lock them
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    To be clear, doc ocks power lock even when duped is kinda trash so it's just cruel to go through all that trouble for 5 seconds, most of which are spent with the ai blocking your attack anyway. Compared to magiks sp2 of course.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    He has a great power lock. If you want to permanently power lock just use your special 3 followed by special 1s. Doc is a great champ actually. You can choose what buffs you want depending on how you play him. He's not as great of a power control champ as Magik but does other things. MD really helps Magik in the power control area.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Sp3 then sp1 spam