**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

R5 Five Star or R2 6 Star? Need help.

JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
Ok, I can’t seem to make a decision.

If you don’t mind please leave your reasoning if you vote.

Also, would any of these be an option for LOL easy path? That makes a difference for me in who i rank.

Thanks very much for any input!

R5 Five Star or R2 6 Star? Need help. 63 votes

5 star duped Voodoo (130 sig)
63%
GamerMattyloNevvBKenny292Hulk_77Slux83CapWW2DukeStewmanNanaPokuTonyStarkVladislas22deadcrimeSac123_TeddersRotellyDarkrider05Jim0172ShaheerFIazTom3579 40 votes
5 star duped MODOK (85 sig)
1%
PeteMagnum 1 vote
5 star duped X23 (72 sig)
6%
TheManMythLegendBahamutEnderDraco58gauravtheslayer 4 votes
6 Star unduped Yondu (Love his armor break and heal block)
28%
AjavedDarkZenSpeedbumpZzyzxGuyMasterTroller42Foxhero007Cosmic_Ray13Stark78AlfaSpiritOfVengeanceManazMohantaojay1Elitehuntershadow_lurker22VoltolosAleorAvetrex2Fhfjghhggggjfhfjglay2ndiay 18 votes

Comments

• X-23 for LoL easy path but she has terrible prestige, your choice if you want her at r5 but she is good enough at r4.
    Doctor Voodoo if u need a prestige and aq/aw boost.
    I think you should do LoL easy path with X-23 @ rank 4 and then wait for more options. Watch Campo MC do LoL with a r4 X-23-
    https://youtu.be/aCncoV2uY_4
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    @Conquestor_V

Ah that’s an awesome vid! I hadn’t seen anyone do it with her. Thank you for the input!

I do think out of the 5 stars I’m leaning toward voodoo since I already put so many sigs into him.

Would you recommend Voodoo over Yondu?
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    5 star duped X23 (72 sig)
    Voodoo is the best champ you have overall, but X23 is best for LoL, so it depends on what you want.
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    I'd say none, save for better options!!
    I would not take a specific champ just to finish (easy) path with 1k units cheaper or so!!
    you want overall great champ, not mode specific champ.
    BUT! if you enjoy playing with a specific champ, and you don't care a lot about prestige or progress, I would say go for it, it's your choice after all
    Thanks for the input Bahamut and Karinshi!

@DNA3000 @DTMelodicMetal @Riegel I’m sorry to tag you guys, but I know you’re all 3 pretty high up in the MCOC hierarchy. Any way I could get you input on this?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Of the options you posted, I believe X-23 is the best option for LoL but Voodoo is the best option overall.

I'm not sure at this point in the game I would do a rank up just for LoL. The rewards for first completion of LoL are pretty good, but if you are ranking something up *just* for LoL you could be burning more materials for the rank up than LoL will give you back. The 5* awakening crystal is certainly worth it, but its also a **** shoot as to which one you will get.

If you're not in a rush, the better long term play might be to wait for something better to come along. Both X-23 and Voodoo are great 5* rank up choices, but the fact that you're a bit ambivalent about which one is the better choice suggests to me that it is worth thinking about further. LoL will still be there tomorrow.

But if LoL is an itch you really want to scratch, I would recommend just trying it with R4 X-23 and see how far you can get before doing any rank ups. The practice can only help you out, and you can get a better idea of whether you want to spend any resources now on the attempt. You might be able to gauge how many units a rank up to R5 would likely save you, if you first start seeing how far R4 will likely take you.

Remember T5B doesn't grow on trees and LoL itself isn't going to give you any back.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    @JC_ I’m flattered for the shout out. @DNA3000 said everything that can be said, X-23 is not a top 5/65 option IMO. An alliance mate cleared LOL’s easy path with his 4/55 X-23, I think he used around 5K units. Taking X-23 to rank 5 would not save nearly enough resources to justify using T5BC on her.

If you’re going to r5 a champion with LOL in mind, the best options are Star Lord, Sparky, Blade, and maybe Proxima Midnight. Less ideal options include Hyperion, Medusa, Iceman, and Gwenpool. Voodoo does well against specific LOL enemies like Old Man Logan, Groot, and Black Panther Civil War, but is a poor choice for exploration because for some reason he doesn’t stack many loas in LOL.

You should rank up your duped Voodoo to r5. At r5 Voodoo becomes a phenomenal AW attacker that can solo some of the game’s hardest AW bosses. AW Season rewards are the only consistent way to increase your T5BC and T2AC resources. With mystic dispersion a 5/65 duped Voodoo is the best AW attacker after the trinity.

If you’re not familiar with Voodoo’s potential, here’s a few videos of him soloing tier 3 AW bosses without using boosts:

6* r1 Green Goblin AW main boss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4hT47B6vaw&t=8s

5* r4 MODOK AW main boss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jjy5pSxXJE

5* r4 duped Medusa AW main boss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8bqWya4RAs
    @DNA3000

Great info, as always. Thanks for your time! I should’ve been a little more clear..I’m not looking to rank up specifically for LOL, but if it happened to be a tough call between two options then that might be the difference maker. I’ve completely explored act 5 but haven’t touched LOL.

War is my main priority.

My top two options in my mind were Voodoo and Yondu, and neither you nor DT mentioned Yondo, so I think he’s out. :smile:

@DTMelodicMetal

Thanks for the input bro! And thanks for the videos, for some reason I can’t get them to load but I really want to see that MoDok solo. He always gives me fits if I don’t have my baby 4 star version of the trinity.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    JC_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the input Bahamut and Karinshi!

@DNA3000 @DTMelodicMetal @Riegel I’m sorry to tag you guys, but I know you’re all 3 pretty high up in the MCOC hierarchy. Any way I could get you input on this?

I think your best option for LoL ez path would be your X23 and best overall option is Voodoo. Basically just regurgitating what has already been said.

I think I would wait on a R2 6* till there are better champs / you have better champs. Yondu is a good champ, but currently there is no reason to R2 him over a different 6* or even over many 5*'s that you could R5.

I would say that if you are good at fighting with Voodoo to rank him over X23. This will give you a better chance of surviving in AW offense which will yield a return (hopefully) on your T5B.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    JC_ wrote: »
    War is my main priority.

My top two options in my mind were Voodoo and Yondu, and neither you nor DT mentioned Yondo, so I think he’s out. :smile:

If war is your priority then Voodoo is your guy, until something better comes along. Yondu is a decent defender in tiers where people aren't used to fighting him, and he can at least take a chunk out of anyone that makes a mistake when on the right nodes on any tier. But Voodoo is the far superior attacker to Yondu except in a very tiny set of circumstances. With Voodoo you have nullify, poison, power burn, and ability accuracy reduction (not necessarily all at once), plus a decent start of the fight heal. Voodoo is far more versatile, and unless you're building a very specific team like a trinity setup versatility is important in war when you only have three attackers. The heal alone is potentially saving you a ton of potions in war if you're trying to stay topped off in health to avoid dying.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    X-23 for LoL easy path but she has terrible prestige, your choice if you want her at r5 but she is good enough at r4.
    Doctor Voodoo if u need a prestige and aq/aw boost.
    I think you should do LoL easy path with X-23 @ rank 4 and then wait for more options. Watch Campo MC do LoL with a r4 X-23-
    https://youtu.be/aCncoV2uY_4

nice vid. I honestly didn't know that x-23 was viable for lol