**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tips pretty much everyone should know; even more proficient players.

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
So here are a few things that I picked up on that have made the game insanely easier for me. These include how to use champs and a few good mastery options.

1: Wolverine should never use special attacks. Just save your power and a r4 wolvie even unduped regens 100 health per tick. He single handedly (except for SL on bosses) took out Act 4 with no health down. He can also last forever in RoL; I beat WS and CM with no health down at the end.

2: Max out parry and stupefy asap! I learned this during webslinger, and it saved me a ton of units. Evasion champs can't evade when stunned, and with both masteries maxed, you can get a medium light light medium combo in, then parry once more. It makes all evasion (except stun immune) champs easy.

3: Crossbones's fury is OP. Not only do they get him hitting like a 18-wheeler, if you get 5 stacks; ability accuracy is gone: no evasion, no arc overload 2.0, you name it.

4: Never ever ever ever EVER sell champs. Most people already know this, but I see new players throw away their r4 3* so they can pull SG 4*. Selling 2* isn't too bad, but it just resets all your progress towards max sig crystals.

5: Unless you want to kill global, don't talk about politics. It makes it no fun. Seriously.

6: Ask before awakening or ranking up your 4*. There will always be someone smarter than you in the game, so listen to their 2 cents before wasting a gem on NC AV or Mordo.

7: How to kill almost anyone with GP. I'll start with the exceptions: bleed immune champs, passive damage dealers (Abom Electro Cable), ability accuracy reducers/nullify-ers (BW KP CB AV) and evasion champs (unless you have a 50 hit combo). So, what you need to do is build up to your L2 and hit him with it. Keep him bleeding to refresh your power lock. Once he has less than a bar of power, get him into a corner and spam your heavy. This works most of the time and really helps, even if it is really tricky to do. The biggest thing is to be patient and wait for things to fall into place. Look up more on this from YouTube.

Well, those are my thoughts. Any questions or other tips that help people?

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    1: Wolverine should never use special attacks. Just save your power and a r4 wolvie even unduped regens 100 health per tick. He single handedly (except for SL on bosses) took out Act 4 with no health down. He can also last forever in RoL; I beat WS and CM with no health down at the end.

Does it include taking out 4.4.3 Juggernaut?
    3: Crossbones's fury is OP. Not only do they get him hitting like a 18-wheeler, if you get 5 stacks; ability accuracy is gone: no evasion, no arc overload 2.0, you name it.

How many points in Fury and Extended Fury mastery? Maximum?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Maybe not fury potency, but duration is really helpful. Oh when I went through Act 4 a couple times, I didn't want to face a 20k jugg. Your best bet would be Magik there.
    edited September 2017
    I was wondering about it. Maestro which I took down yesterday was 30k.

Can Juggernaut's unstoppable be removed with a parry and heavy? I vaguely remember seeing a YouTube video by The Analyser on it.
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    I can't think of champion that magik is not good against...map6 hyperion,dormammu,map5 mordo and cable.she will crush them all
    Sky_kitty wrote: »
    I can't think of champion that magik is not good against...map6 hyperion,dormammu,map5 mordo and cable.she will crush them all

Yeah definitely. She will be my first r5 on Thursday I'm hoping :smiley:
    A parry and a heavy...I haven't heard anything of the sort, but with maxed stupefy and parry, 2 parries will get rid of unstoppable and let you start a combo.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    I was wondering about it. Maestro which I took down yesterday was 30k.

Can Juggernaut's unstoppable be removed with a parry and heavy? I vaguely remember seeing a YouTube video by The Analyser on it.

That's juggs in LOL ;)
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I agree with everything you say except for selling champs. I understand the whole concept. I even practice it. But to the common average player, selling champs poises a bigger opportunity cost because you get a portion of the rewards immediately rather than waiting to awaken 2*'s over and over again. I don't know the proper statistics and all, but I can tell you that I would suspect that the average MCOC player picks up the game and plays for maybe 6 months and then is done with it. With this in mind, it would be worth it for those players to sell champions. That's my only argument with it. I think, the wording should be, if you want to be a serious player then keep ALL your champs.
    Ok mum_m2, I see your reasoning. I kinda forgot how a lot of teenagers get a game for a few weeks-months, then get bored.
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    I have magik as my main champ. 5* r4. Couldn' t be more happy with her
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    I would amend first point to include x23 as far as healing, and both Danvers for damage. None of them should be using specials until kill shots.

Also, and this should be obvious, but read the description on every champ. They aren't all combo-parry-combo-bait repeat champs.

Take regeneration champs into AQ and use them for 3/4 of the content. Get good with them and save your other champs for boss kills/immune lane backups.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Another tip don't buy potions with irl money and fall into that trap will make ur game expirence alot better
    7: How to kill almost anyone with GP. I'll start with the exceptions: bleed immune champs, passive damage dealers (Abom Electro Cable), ability accuracy reducers/nullify-ers (BW KP CB AV) and evasion champs (unless you have a 50 hit combo). So, what you need to do is build up to your L2 and hit him with it. Keep him bleeding to refresh your power lock. Once he has less than a bar of power, get him into a corner and spam your heavy. This works most of the time and really helps, even if it is really tricky to do. The biggest thing is to be patient and wait for things to fall into place. Look up more on this from YouTube.

Could it be this post that resulted in GP's nerf?

• The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    A few tips from a great boss killer in my alliance that worked for me too:

1. Dexterity mastery and evading is a must. Take a month and use no blocking in personal content. Evade only until you can "feel" the timing. Then mix block/parry back in.

2. Even though exact meanings and mechanic of how champ abilities and synergies work are controversial and sometimes misunderstood, learn them the best you can. So many champs I sat on that had just the ability I needed for certain content. Like champs for bypassing safeguard in RTTL for instance.
    ex: I've had dorm for months at 4/40 and didn't think of repeating Med, Med attack to keep opponent completely power drained indefinitely. Felt like a dummy but now I know.

3. Don't just dupe and rank for prestige or written abilities but also for who you are proficient and enjoy playing with. You'll enjoy the game much more and may not be so disappointed when those God tiers get nerfed.

4. Strategize quests and build your team for content and don't always use the same team because you are used to them.
  • colbyscipio987colbyscipio987 Posts: 1,027 ★★
    So here are a few things that I picked up on that have made the game insanely easier for me. These include how to use champs and a few good mastery options.

2: Max out parry and stupefy asap! I learned this during webslinger, and it saved me a ton of units. Evasion champs can't evade when stunned, and with both masteries maxed, you can get a medium light light medium combo in, then parry once more. It makes all evasion (except stun immune) champs easy.

4: Never ever ever ever EVER sell champs. Most people already know this, but I see new players throw away their r4 3* so they can pull SG 4*. Selling 2* isn't too bad, but it just resets all your progress towards max sig crystals.

5: Unless you want to kill global, don't talk about politics. It makes it no fun. Seriously.

6: Ask before awakening or ranking up your 4*. There will always be someone smarter than you in the game, so listen to their 2 cents before wasting a gem on NC AV or Mordo.

Well, those are my thoughts. Any questions or other tips that help people?
    Who has time to read this.....lol
  • MisterNiceGuyMisterNiceGuy Posts: 184
    Who is the target audience for this post? Most of us in the forum are vets. I found nothing useful in this entire long-winded post lol
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    Sky_kitty wrote: »

Maybe classic spider man? Class disadvantage vs evade hero is a tough matchup. Still, she’s awesomene.
  • With diminishing returns only doing 1 of the fury masteries can hurt more than it can help.
    Lol most people are definitely not veterans. There are tons of noobs and in my 7mil (6mil at the time) alliance, there were people with duped wolvies who didn’t bring him to AQ and they never really realized until I asked them about it. I did say “more proficient players” (like up to 125k) not “uncollected summoners who already have the game figured out”. Kinda surprised this post still exists; I made it like 3-4 months ago
  • Arch_Stanton19Arch_Stanton19 Posts: 30
    Been playing 6 months. Been winging it. Now I've decided to take it more seriously I'm finding usefull stuff everywhere.
    Thanks! How did you find this ancient post tho? Lol it was like my first ever forum discussion
  • Sky_kitty wrote: »

I don’t want to be a buzz kill, because I love Magik, but I think saying that she matches up good against everyone... But she has one of the highest quantities of “great” match ups because her core attributes are power lock and great special damage. If debuffs can be placed on a champ, and they don’t have an ability to reduce the PL duration or power drain reduction, it’s a great match up. As a bonus, champs that generate lots of buffs, she kicks them in the bu—... bottom...(lol).
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★

About this, don't even talk in global at all. Better yet, disable it unless you want to have a good laugh without joining in whatever they are discussing (active gf and whatnot)