**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Possible Solution To AW Matchmaking

So, I think I have found an absolute fail safe solution to this whole unfair AW matchmaking that could possibly settle all future matchups and complaints.
Now, before I explain, I just want to state that an Alliances Rating DOES play a HUGE factor on the outcome of a war. IDC what you believe or what you have to say. It doesn’t matter how skilled you are or how you place your defenders. When facing an Alliance that outmatches your by a margin of 4million. There is no way your going to win. It doesn’t matter how skilled you are or how badass your attack team is. There is no way. Stating that it’s possible only shows what a moron you are and that you obviously haven’t been in a scenario as that one. Saying so will only prove me right. But fear not, for I think I have a solution.

Now, I know that pairing Alliances by Rating could be manipulated by some just by having their members sell off their weaker champs in order to get matched up against weaker Alliances and gain easy wins. But, what if their was a lock on that Rating? I.E, lets say I have a Rating of 250k, I decide to sell all my 1-2* champs, brings my Rating to 200k, but with that lock in place. My overall and original Rating is still 250k. Regardless of how many champs I sell. It doesn’t go down. My current Rating will. But my Overall stays at 250. It makes sense right? I mean, the game is designed to grow and get stronger. There really isn’t a way that players get weaker, unless they move around their mastery points but that doesn’t change the Rank of the champs you have. And as we keep on getting more 4-6* champs and leveling them up as well as ourselves. Both current and overall Ratings go up as well. Yet, if I decide to start selling champs again. Only my current Rating goes down but my Overall stays the same. Then you can matchup Alliances based on their War and Overall Rating for fairer outcomes. Seems legit right? I think it’s the best and possibly, the only solution to this dilemma. I know it might take some time to work into the game. But in the long run, I believe it will be the best method for AW fair Matchmaking.

Comments

• Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I think the aw season was enough of a fix to stop alliances from shell swapping
  • Options
    Ortem420Ortem420 Posts: 76
    Not really. All seasons did was make it harder to recruit new members that believe they deserve to be in Alliances ranked above silver 1. It also made it easier for Alliances that were barely created or at a low War Rating to place better than their actual skills would actually allow them to. I see Alliances with a Rating of 4million and War Rating of 800 in Gold 1-2 tiers. They are only there because at that War Rating, your going against weak Alliances. The challenges start once you pass the 1100 War Rating. And that just made a bunch of Alliances start losing Wars on purpose this off season, so when the new Season starts, they are matched against weaker Alliances and have a easy streak to reach Gold1 or maybe even Platinum. Believe me. I’ve gone against Alliances that start of good, then halfway through. They stop advancing. Or they get killed on purpose and don’t proceed on advancing. They could have easily completed the map and taken out our boss. But decided they weren’t and left it at that.
  • Options
    Ortem420Ortem420 Posts: 76
    So I’m assuming nobody thought this was a good idea? Ppl are happy with the way AW matchmaking is atm? Highly doubt that. I see plenty of threads with ppl complaining still. But no solutions. This is a great solution. Maybe if more ppl see it. Like it and comment on it. It’ll get the admins attention and hopefully will be forwarded to the developers. Come on ppl. Let’s make AW fun again.
  • Options
    FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    I will say that the only champs that matter in AW are your Top 12-15 champs. That's 5-8 champs for a good solid, diverse defense and 7 champs for varied attack teams. Past that your roster is useless in AW. So overall rating has very little to do AW success.
  • Options
    XygonXygon Posts: 123
    So Fluffy, that sounds like Prestige 2.0. Top 20 champ prestige, or something.