**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Vanquishing Blows Feedback and suggestion for this event

battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
Serious Feedback here:

With all of the discussion of exploits, we have an event that is essentially, go into the most efficient quest possible, that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with progress in the game of where you are, to accomplish this as quickly as possible for the least amount of energy possible event. If the rewards being farmed were equivalent with a PI of 200, I would understand this. However end game users are farming infinity dust in order to obtain end game material. We are having to do so by retreating back to infant points in the game.

Is it really Kabam's intent to make us bored, farming points in RTL 1.1-1.3? Why not say.... we would like the average player to spend (i.e.) an hour playing to accomplish these milestones and come up with some kind of formula that allows you to actually fight relevant fights to achieve this goal. For example..... fighting an 18K PI guy and getting a vanquishing blow is worth way more points than say under 500 PI characters. same amount of time grinding required, but not a regression into an irrelevant point in the game.

Player base is going to take the path of least resistance for something like this. Please consider making paths of similar time requirements but at the players current level.

Comments

• FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    This ties into basically the same problem with the Hero Use 22h solo event and the 7h class use events, you just go into RTL and do Chapter 1 over and over until you get all the milestones. I've always thought the event would be much better if instead of getting more points for using higher star heroes, you got more points for beating those heroes.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The issue is that Kabam is expecting us to complete those events *while staying in content equal to our level.* They want us farming points from Uncollected EQ or from Act 5 if we're at that level (and spending units on energy refills to do it). They don't want us farming points (let alone items) from lower-tiered events.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start expanding their player lockouts from difficulty levels. Currently, lower-tiered players are prohibited from attempting end-game content until they are at a certain Summoner level. This was done to help eliminate bots and modding of the game.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    Man this is a event that Kabam decided to give us as extra. They had no reason to give this to us. They decided to basically gift this to us when they had no reason to. Now what's funny to me is that instead of appreciating the gesture by Kabam (keeping in mind ALL the other events/bonus material currently on the game) you decide to complain about it. If you don't like it, don't participate and there ya go. If this was the whole game or something about AQ, AW, SQ, EQ, Arena, etc I would understand but this is a bonus from Kabam for the hell of it and you're complaining about it bro. Just take a good look at what you're doing. This event more than ANYTHING keeps the beginners of this game able to get decent rewards. Learn to be thankful man and take your time to talk about REAL concerns about the game.... Not bonus material they'll have for only 2 weeks...
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    Man this is a event that Kabam decided to give us as extra. They had no reason to give this to us. They decided to basically gift this to us when they had no reason to. Now what's funny to me is that instead of appreciating the gesture by Kabam (keeping in mind ALL the other events/bonus material currently on the game) you decide to complain about it. If you don't like it, don't participate and there ya go. If this was the whole game or something about AQ, AW, SQ, EQ, Arena, etc I would understand but this is a bonus from Kabam for the hell of it and you're complaining about it bro. Just take a good look at what you're doing. This event more than ANYTHING keeps the beginners of this game able to get decent rewards. Learn to be thankful man and take your time to talk about REAL concerns about the game.... Not bonus material they'll have for only 2 weeks...

This event has been in existence roughly 9 weeks since november. It is definitely something they are bringing in frequently, Thats a pretty good chunk of time. They made improvements and easier to qualify from a time standpoint, seems they want it to be a relevant returning event. They took away ability to score a relevant amount of points doing this from arena and making it more of a stop what youre doing and be bored event. As you noted, the rewards are great for beginners and end users. I am just offering advice on how to make it more entertaining as it appears it will be returning fairly frequently.